• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would've thought we could be five points up on the Rangers with a game in hand this early on in the season? The have lost 6 of 7 and the one tonight against the Pens was terrible. I still think we should be 5-1, 5-0-1 or even 6-0, but the referees and Jonathan Quick made that a fantasy.

It's very difficult for me to believe that NJ and Vegas are both now officially 5-1. I just can't see either of these teams keeping this up throughout the season. The top two scorers on the Devils are 22 and 19, and neither of them is named Nico...Lol It's not sustainable. That and Vegas isn't going to get 80 goals out of Neal, let alone his career high of 40, which was 6 years ago. I feel like these two teams are just getting very fortunate early on and that will change once they get into the meat of their schedules.

Looking ahead, I think the next game Thursday night should be a dandy. While it's not a rivalry game, they're the defending western conference champs and were absolutely let off the hook by the refs in the first matchup. We will definitely be looking to avenge that severe injustice and send a message that we should've won that game.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams playing great refs stink as usual but always best to keep them out of the game...
Very impressed with G seems healthy still can't believe those that gave up on him before the puck was even dropped.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of positives at the start of the season this year, when was the last time we could say that?

Also like to call Neuvy out for a great game. I rag on him a lot, but he deserves praise for last night no question. He's looked the better of the two goalies so far this year, I did not expect that.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams playing great refs stink as usual but always best to keep them out of the game...
Very impressed with G seems healthy still can't believe those that gave up on him before the puck was even dropped.

Very true. I never gave up on the guy, that is for certain. G with 9 points in 6 games to open the season. Anyone still think he won't reach 60 this season? 70? 80? I mean, his 4 goals are already 29% of what he had all of last season. The guy finally was able to have a stellar offseason of training and he has come to play, big time. He's not fucking declining at age 29. That's absurd to me and it always was.

Furthermore, only 2 of his 9 points are via the power play, so he's doing his thing at even strength.

The goal he scored last night would never have happened last season. He just didn't have enough boost and confidence to make such a skillful play.

Last edited:

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. I never gave up on the guy, that is for certain. G with 9 points in 6 games to open the season. Anyone still think he won't reach 60 this season? 70? 80? I mean, his 4 goals are already 29% of what he had all of last season. The guy finally was able to have a stellar offseason of training and he has come to play, big time. He's not fucking declining at age 29. That's absurd to me and it always was.

Furthermore, only 2 of his 9 points are via the power play, so he's doing his thing at even strength.
Not to sure giving up on him is true, I was just hoping he wasn't on an early decline due to injuries. Happens to a lot of players and he looked very out of sorts last year. I am happy he is playing great and the move to the wing was very smart IMO.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to sure giving up on him is true, I was just hoping he wasn't on an early decline due to injuries. Happens to a lot of players and he looked very out of sorts last year. I am happy he is playing great and the move to the wing was very smart IMO.

I'm not calling people out by name, but G was left for dead by a lot of critics everywhere, here included. That's just a fact.

It's also a fact that he was hampered last season by previous offseason surgeries. That is clearly no longer an issue.

Welcome back to the big time, G. I never doubted you. And for that matter, welcome back Ghost too!!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great move to put him on the wing. That has helped his game immensely.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not calling people out by name, but G was left for dead by a lot of critics everywhere, here included. That's just a fact.

It's also a fact that he was hampered last season by previous offseason surgeries. That is clearly no longer an issue.

Welcome back to the big time, G. I never doubted you. And for that matter, welcome back Ghost too!!
Gee playing well is fine with me. Putting him on the wing was a great coaching move.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee playing well is fine with me. Putting him on the wing was a great coaching move.

The move to wing is working and all, but he's showing us right now that he's still an elite player, regardless of position on the ice. Despite no longer centering, he's still winning a lot of faceoffs too.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of the goals were downright pretty last night too, which makes the game that much more fun to watch. Especially the snipes by Ghost and G, then the incredible passing and finish by Patrick and Weise.

You know Nolan Patrick is a stud when he can make Dale Weise look that good.

Even the empty net goal was one of the most bizarre you will ever see. Filppula scores from across the rink by losing a faceoff clean...Lol

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The move to wing is working and all, but he's showing us right now that he's still an elite player, regardless of position on the ice. Despite no longer centering, he's still winning a lot of faceoffs too.
The move to wing was a genius coaching move.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another fact that people may not yet know:

Ghost is currently leading the Nhl in scoring among defensemen with 10 points in only 6 games.

I don't want to go crazy here, but if he can keep anywhere near that pace for a whole season, he is going to start breaking records and doing things nobody thought a modern day defenseman could ever even approach.

Last edited:

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really liking what I am seeing from these guys right now. Still a long season, but it's a bright future.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really liking what I am seeing from these guys right now. Still a long season, but it's a bright future.
This start is making us fans excited.Its nice to see goals going in the net.

Reactions: ill

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This start is making us fans excited.Its nice to see goals going in the net.
it feels like Philly sports, across the board, are making a very strong showing.

It is a good time to be a Philly fan right now.