• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Didn't watch, but from everything I've read it sounds like that was going to be a blowout regardless.
We'll see tonight if that trend continues, I want to see that constant energy every night, the Vets have looked great skating and maybe that's all the youth rubbing off. Would be awesome to take all 5 of these home games. Great confidence to head back out on the road with.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not 8, but unless Holtby stands on his head I still think we put up 5. We came to play and it showed everywhere.

We put up at least 6 against Holtby. There was no denying our offense last game. Jake also hit the crossbar. Holtby maybe stops Couts goals that it.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see tonight if that trend continues, I want to see that constant energy every night, the Vets have looked great skating and maybe that's all the youth rubbing off. Would be awesome to take all 5 of these home games. Great confidence to head back out on the road with.
Consistency has been a huge problem in the past hope we have left that in the past and take all 5 home games too.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Check out those Nhl-wide plus/minus leaders since February 28th:

1. Couturier +27

Everyone else: +15 or worse.

That is fucking eye-popping, truly. As much as we've ragged on this guy over the last God knows how long, he has appeared to get it going now long term. That's dominant play, there's no other way to put it. A great deal of that was with Weise on his wing too. It's not like he's just started being good this season.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we recovered from a slow start to have a solid first period tonight. As they alluded to during the broadcast, I hate how Nhl referees almost always appear to heavily favor one team after they have called multiple penalties on them. You are almost certain the next couple of calls are going their way this time. Why does that have to be the case? Can't we just call the game as we see it play out? If it's a penalty, then call it. Don't let previous calls influence the next one.

And yes, I am going back to Nashville on this one too. We had a 5-1 power play edge when both of those calls were made on us late in the 3rd period. No way those calls are made if Nashville had the 5-1 power play edge at that moment. That's not how the game should be officiated, but it is in the Nhl today. Fucking unfair bias all over the place.

I am saying this because we have a team that rolls four lines and plays with a lot of energy. Our overall skill and depth is higher than you might think too. We are going to draw a lot of penalties, which means it shouldn't always be evened out by the refs later in the game.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we recovered from a slow start to have a solid first period tonight. As they alluded to during the broadcast, I hate how Nhl referees almost always appear to heavily favor one team after they have called multiple penalties on them. You are almost certain the next couple of calls are going their way this time. Why does that have to be the case? Can't we just call the game as we see it play out? If it's a penalty, then call it. Don't let previous calls influence the next one.

And yes, I am going back to Nashville on this one too. We had a 5-1 power play edge when both of those calls were made on us late in the 3rd period. No way those calls are made if Nashville had the 5-1 power play edge at that moment. That's not how the game should be officiated, but it is in the Nhl today. Fucking unfair bias all over the place.

I am saying this because we have a team that rolls four lines and plays with a lot of energy. Our overall skill and depth is higher than you might think too. We are going to draw a lot of penalties, which means it shouldn't always be evened out by the refs later in the game.

Been saying this for years on end.
I don't give a shit if it's 5 seconds into the game-call a god damn penalty,and don't wait to see
how the flow of the game is going.

How in the sam hell is that suppose to be taken?When I hear broadcasters say that the refs are letting things go for now,I shake my head.What in the fuck are they exactly waiting for,to interpret a penalty?

And the bullshit of calling make believe penalties to even out the count is worthy of the refs losing their job IMO.
rant over!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive explosion in the second period from our boys. If you had to pick two of our players to score, for me, it would've been Ghost and Weise. Well, they are both on the board, along with Couturier and Giroux.

I love it. We are literally breaking the will of teams here with our relentless speed and skill.

We are now only one goal shy of being tied with Toronto as the highest scoring team in the Nhl.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensive explosion in the second period from our boys. If you had to pick two of our players to score, for me, it would've been Ghost and Weise. Well, they are both on the board, along with Couturier and Giroux.

I love it. We are literally breaking the will of teams here with our relentless speed and skill.
I would have thrown Weal into that conversation as well, He has been on fire out there. This team has a lot of potential to go a long way. I know it's early but my o my!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have thrown Weal into that conversation as well, He has been on fire out there. This team has a lot of potential to go a long way. I know it's early but my o my!

Weal is probably due, but still getting the job done regardless. He already has one this season too. Get one for Voracek and then all of our top 9 forwards and top 2 defensemen will have lit the lamp already this season. Pretty unreal to have that already be the case. Turning into an offensive machine here quickly.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. This team looks pretty damn good. Scoring doesn't seem to be an issue and Coots is playing at an entire level these days. Let's go Flyers!

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing I'm loving about this team is the play doesn't drop off with a lead, We are playing hard thru all 3 periods. Lovin it so far!

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers win, they are playing good hockey.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers win, they are playing good hockey.

The only issue I had with tonight was the constant backing up of our defence,and letting them get off shots.
And for christs sake,clear out the front of the net,and don't let them get the fricking rebound.

40 shots for us is great,but giving up 43 is way too many.
Nice win boys!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida is probably leading the league in shots right now, so I'm not alarmed by giving up 41 to them. Neuvy really settled down and made 4 or 5 very good saves that kept this a blowout.

Now we are the second highest scoring team in the Nhl and also tied for the second best goal differential.

Again tonight we saw some very weak calls late that gave the Panthers a 6-4 power play edge for the game, including a 5 on 3 man advantage. I'm just glad that this wasn't a one goal game when it happened, but it's getting old.