• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article where Morin said he is happy to be back with the Phantoms.......

He said he was pissed because he had been a healthy scratch for the first 4 games, but he understands. He went on to say he will wait for his shot on the Flyers, he was just happy to be playing somewhere.

You gotta feel for the kid..... they didn't have a slot for him, so they sat him. Had to be tough on the kid.
He will get his chance its a long season.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will get his chance its a long season.

Yea he will.....first injury he's up.

Loved watching him fight Farnham in preseason.....I mean wtf was Farnham thinking picking a fight with Sam???
It was like a midget talking on the Big Show....not only awesome to watch but funny as fuck!!!!

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers founder Snider honoured with statue outside home arena

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

First posted: Thursday, October 12, 2017 04:07 PM EDT | Updated: Thursday, October 12, 2017 04:20 PM EDT

1297999172272_ORIGINAL.jpg

In this Feb. 16, 2004, file photo, Philadelphia Flyers' owner Ed Snider responds to a question during a news conference in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/George Widman, File)

[URL='http://twitter.com/share']Tweet

Share[URL='http://www.torontosun.com/2017/10/12/flyers-founder-snider-honoured-with-statue-outside-home-arena#']?

Report an error

Philadelphia Flyers founder Ed Snider will be honoured with a 9-foot bronze statue outside the Wells Fargo Center.

Snider founded the team in the 1960s and remained chairman until his death in April 2016. The statue will be unveiled on Oct. 19 to mark the 50th anniversary of the Flyers’ first home game in 1967.

Chad Fisher, of Fisher Sculpture of Dillsburg, Pennsylvania, created and built the 1,300-pound bronze statue, which will stand on a 3-foot base encased by solid granite.

Flyers president Paul Holmgren will be among the dignitaries speaking at the event.
[/URL][/URL]

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well-deserved statue for Ed Snider. The guy got it all started for us in Philly and never looked back. He's a winner and a legend. None of us would be here today talking Flyers hockey without him. Thank you, Ed!!

Finally a gameday!! Huge one tonight, boys!! The Caps played last night and we are well-rested, so I expect us to hustle all game long with relentless speed and forecheck. There may be a little rust, but we will have the legs, resiliency and determination in the end.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!!!!!!

What a game!!!!!

Awesome seeing Alex Overcookedchicken and TJ Oshit getting kicked around.

Great game for Coots, Scotty, G, and Voracek!!!!!

Keep that Shit going......

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game! When they play like this anything can happen.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of stories here to recap from this one.

Those of you wondering what's special about Scott Laughton can watch the tape of this one again. The moves he made to score the shorty take you back to vintage Mike Richards and the snipe for his second really was a shocking display of skill, especially for a fourth line guy.

The top line keeps rolling along. In fact, they often look unstoppable. Every single one of them is a force to be reckoned with in their own way. Giroux goes a long way toward finally having a bounce back year with four points. Really nice to see him find the back of the net twice as well. Speaking of twice, Couturier also nets a couple and well deserved. Voracek with three more assists to give him nine on the season, which is good for 2nd in the Nhl so far.

Simmonds stays hot and Filppula too. The right guys are scoring the goals here. We'd like to see Voracek, Weise and Ghost light the lamp here soon, but otherwise, the scorers are scoring. Ghost, much like Voracek, is piling up the assists though with three more. Everyone on the team was either a plus or even.

It's really nice to have a comfortable lead in the third period after we've basically broken their will and then go all Harlem Globetrotters (hockey style) on them for a few more easy goals.

Obviously this was not only our home opener, but also a pretty big rivalry game and considering how often we've lost to them lately, it was downright sweet to really thump the Caps this time. I hate how I have to watch the local feed and get Joe and Craig, but it's all good in the end.

You have to wonder if this is an early glimpse of our future and/or the Caps just got exposed. I still would've liked to see Sanheim play, but I assume he will bounce back too.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is perhaps overlooked, but at this rate, we're going to set records for the number of shots taken. It's been 30+ in all five games for us and 37 twice, including last night. We only had one such shooting streak all of last season and we've already matched it. That was late in March and into April when we won 4 of 5.

Keep firing away and these goals are going to continue to come at a steady rate. No deficit is too much to overcome for us. We have to know that already. That's partly why I'm fine with dressing rookie defensemen. We can outscore their growing pains defensively.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How filthy was that second Laughton goal???

That's what I'm saying. How many fourth liners in the Nhl can make the two individual plays he made to score BOTH of those goals!?! It's insane just to think about. There can't be many, if any at all.

I don't know if our Flyers have ever had this kind of depth. Thank you, Ron Hextall.

Last edited:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm saying. How many fourth liners in the Nhl can make the two individual plays he made to score BOTH of those goals!?! It's insane just to think about. There can't be many, if any at all.

I don't know if our Flyers have ever had this kind of depth. Thank you, Ron Hextall.
That's the key when you have 3rd line or better talent on your 4th line your lineup is simply stronger. Yes he's a first rounder but he plays a role now shutting down lines, popping in the odd goal and being an effective penalty killer. Richards took that to another level but this isn't too far off as he's doing everything else and one could assume that he'll get better. Pretty exciting stuff..

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the key when you have 3rd line or better talent on your 4th line your lineup is simply stronger. Yes he's a first rounder but he plays a role now shutting down lines, popping in the odd goal and being an effective penalty killer. Richards took that to another level but this isn't too far off as he's doing everything else and one could assume that he'll get better. Pretty exciting stuff..

I still say the shorty he scored was like a vintage Mike Richards play from his prime when he was scoring 70-80 points for us. The second goal was a snipe that Richards himself would probably be jealous of.

We're just going to be difficult to beat if everyone on our team is capable of scoring. That was very recently not the case, but those days appear gone. Even Raffl was often a 1st line guy for us and now he's on the 4th, but still playing well. He can score too. Word on the street is that Weise also once scored a goal (and theoretically could again someday).

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many blowouts on the Schedule/Results page of 2015-2016. Nice to see one early here, I think that made a big difference in missing the playoffs last year. Not only get to take the foot off the gas a little bit, they actually get to go out there and have some fun in the 3rd. Good for the psychology and team unity.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers-Capitals observations: 3-goal 2nd sparks home-opening rout

Scroll down and check out the replay they show of the shorty by Laughton along with the shorty by Richards that I was remembering and comparing it to. That was probably 6-7 years ago against Montreal. Pretty unreal stuff. They are near identical goals and extraordinary efforts.

The difference is Richards was one of our best players at that time. Laughton is just a 4th liner for us right now, but a damn good one...Lol

Last edited:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say the shorty he scored was like a vintage Mike Richards play from his prime when he was scoring 70-80 points for us. The second goal was a snipe that Richards himself would probably be jealous of.

We're just going to be difficult to beat if everyone on our team is capable of scoring. That was very recently not the case, but those days appear gone. Even Raffl was often a 1st line guy for us and now he's on the 4th, but still playing well. He can score too. Word on the street is that Weise also once scored a goal (and theoretically could again someday).
They did say that he was similar to Richards and captain material. This is why filling the PK 4th line center role isn't bad for him. Some players couldn't do it yet he can thrive and PK is very important in todays NHL it can change games. One day hopefully he's so good that they have to keep playing him more as it will make the team even better. Will be a fun year!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the boys could score 8 goals every game i think this will be a pretty good season.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't for Quick standing on his head and shitty referees the record could be 5-0 right now.