• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5,000 Posts for a Flyers Cup in 2018!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough one last night. Rinne played a strong game, otherwise probably didn't deserve to lose. Only issue I had was the overpassing. Thought they passed up good shots on multiple occasions to make the extra pass.

Lehtera in for Weal basically ruins the 2nd line though, so if Weal is out I hope they put Read in tomorrow.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Nashville just came with their A game. We put them on notice by outplaying them in the first game and the refs bailed them out. This time, the bounces literally did not go our way. Probably deserved a better fate, but we had to score on the power play and didn't, plus the loss of Weal definitely hurt.

Ironically though, we had a technical power play advantage of 5-2 this time around, just didn't take advantage of it. And the last penalty Nashville committed probably took a game tying goal away from G, so they will gladly take it. A 6 on 4 just isn't the same as the gift of a 6 on 3 that they were granted though. The result is a tough pill to swallow, being shut out again, but we are better than this.

I think Sanheim is proving with each game that he's a far better option than Manning too. He looked electric at times and can soon be a true game changer. That and I would like to get Weal back asap.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough one last night. Rinne played a strong game, otherwise probably didn't deserve to lose. Only issue I had was the overpassing. Thought they passed up good shots on multiple occasions to make the extra pass.

Lehtera in for Weal basically ruins the 2nd line though, so if Weal is out I hope they put Read in tomorrow.

Yeah, Lehtera looked like the slowest player from either team. The announcers made a point about mentioning that it seemed like the loss of Weal's speed had a huge negative impact on that line, so I would have to agree with giving Read a shot there if Weal is out another game.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Lehtera looked like the slowest player from either team. The announcers made a point about mentioning that it seemed like the loss of Weal's speed had a huge negative impact on that line, so I would have to agree with giving Read a shot there if Weal is out another game.
He actually looked slower than Darrien Hatcher.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rinne was great but it still baffles me how the second best team in goals has been shut out twice already. When it goes good it's great otherwise it's 0 very bizarre! It's not like they played bad they out chanced them too. Hopefully rebound on Saturday.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Lehtera a pass first game in and game speed is different than practice. He'll be better next time.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you would've said NJ and Vegas both were in the top ten in scoring and still with only one loss each at this point, nobody would've believed you. I don't think either of these teams can sustain it, but it's pretty fucking ridiculous to see. I mean, it's downright absurd and should not be happening.

I'll be completely shocked if we don't have more staying power than either of these squads.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge win this afternoon in Philly. It was a difficult game to watch at times, but we were able to grind out a victory late. To hold McDavid without a point and then have Simmonds score the game winner on a tic-tac-toe play at the end of a very tight, defensive game is a real plus.

Also great to see that the Pens got throttled, with the Jackets, Caps and Canes all falling in regulation too.

And finally, just incredible to see Penn State romp on Michigan and get some sweet revenge. I cannot believe it was a straight-up pick'em on espn streak. Thanks for the free green.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that A Mac is out 4-6 weeks with a lower body injury. Morin?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that A Mac is out 4-6 weeks with a lower body injury. Morin?

Should be an interesting decision. They've shown some confidence in Manning so far this season, do they put him in the lineup and bring up a 7th, or is someone going to leapfrog Manning?

Gotta think the decision is between Alt and Morin. Phantoms dealing with some injuries on the backend too, Brennan and Myers are both out.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bring Morin up to see what you have. Perfect chance. But he must play more than sitting if you do.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta think the decision is between Alt and Morin. Phantoms dealing with some injuries on the backend too, Brennan and Myers are both out.

I'm starting to think we shouldn't be planning on Myers as part of the future. The guy is ALWAYS hurt.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be an interesting decision. They've shown some confidence in Manning so far this season, do they put him in the lineup and bring up a 7th, or is someone going to leapfrog Manning?

I think it's Sammy with Manning going to 7. Manning has shown he can handle tat role. Also, Hakstol will sit a rookie for a few games if necessary. I think it helped Sanheim.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Phantoms are 5-1-1. The depth of the organization seems to have transformed overnight.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's Sammy with Manning going to 7. Manning has shown he can handle tat role. Also, Hakstol will sit a rookie for a few games if necessary. I think it helped Sanheim.

My guess is it will probably end up being a rotation between Manning and Morin similar to what they were doing between Manning and Sanheim.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree 100%

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is it will probably end up being a rotation between Manning and Morin similar to what they were doing between Manning and Sanheim.
If they bring up Morin i hope they just play him and not platoon him.