• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

5-0 Bitches!!

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to know Russell is back for depth or injury purposes. They can spell each other. Also, this opens up the possibility of moving Luke or Riggs to nickel. Cole Luke has definitely earned the right to be out there. Also, I noticed Shumate was still out there all game even though Collinsworth is able to go. We're a more athletic unit with 22 back there and he's improved a lot since week 1.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice to know Russell is back for depth or injury purposes. They can spell each other. Also, this opens up the possibility of moving Luke or Riggs to nickel. Cole Luke has definitely earned the right to be out there. Also, I noticed Shumate was still out there all game even though Collinsworth is able to go. We're a more athletic unit with 22 back there and he's improved a lot since week 1.

I'm almost positive I saw Collinsworth in for one play. I think it was a 3rd down play

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys still suck. :suds:

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why am I not shocked that isdeer is negative about this win?

Who cares how it looked, who cares what the score was, we beat a damn good Stanford team.

And oh by the way, our defense is also damn good.

I'm not sure I'd fall into the negative category about the win and I am thrilled with the comeback and that we ultimately prevailed but I do see some negatives. Our O-Line. I think our ability to run the ball is suspect at best and I think when it really counts against a good opponent, they're going to make us pay for that lack. Stanford came into the game the #1 defense in the nation, but it's week 6, we'll see how they stack up later in the year and if they retain that ranking.

Now I don't want to be too negative because that was a pretty exciting comeback but here's the rub for me: it shouldn't have come to needing a comeback, we beat this Stanford team but damned near beat ourselves with the mistakes and missed points, it took was it two? fourth down plays to secure the lead and it may have in fact only been time that saved our bacon as if Hogan had anymore time that final drive might have played out a bit different. I'm pleased that we've been on the right side of these U.G.L.Y types of games.

You know what though? For all that happened today... and our pulling it out against Stanford is huge in this, is that with Alabama, Oregon, Oklahoma, Texas A&M and UCLA all losing, we sort of have a cushion for that FSU game. At this point, we don't even have to beat FSU, we do need to play well I think, make it a game and not just fold but if we do at least that much, I think even with one loss to FSU we will still be sitting in a good spot. If we were to happen to beat FSU? Well... it'd be huge for the team of course but as far as our NC-Playoff hunt goes, it only puts us a li'l higher on the list for the committee. I'm pretty sure a lot of voters are going to feel like some of these losses were flukes and that a couple of these teams that lost are still 'better' than ND (on paper or subjectively, w/e) and depending on how the rest of the season plays out for all, I could see Bama getting back in the mix, probably Oklahoma and possibly A&M too... lots of feetsball left to be played though.

I'll smile about the win but inside I'm crying! Please Brian Kelly, bring us a run game for xmas, this team will be quite deadly with a line that can dominate.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 and 0...bitches.

Name me one QB who makes that fourth down throw besides EG, please. I'm all ears.

Our guy is the best. If he fumbles again though I will punt my dog.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody think Alabama will be ranked #1 again in the Coaches? What about Oregon, and Oklahoma, or Jimmy's fat mom, don't forget about UCLA. UCLA jumped us last week...right.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering how many of you saw the end of the USC - ASU game. I was watching on the couch about half awake and woke up right before the last play. I went to sleep with a big grin on my face. I hate USC more than Michigan. I had a dream that Rich Rodriguez was walking around 5-0 and whistling " The Victors ", truth is stranger than fiction. It's all good.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with the game minus the miscues. Should have in reality won by at least 13 points. We totally out played them on both sides of the ball and put up good yardage against them. Golson gifted Stanford 7 points with the fumble. Golson took away at least the possibility of 3 points from us with his pick. Holder botched it twice so there is another 6 points off the board. Game should have been like 20 - 7. However, I will take a win no matter what against a good team in Stanford. Should be able to rest a little easier next week. (I hope)

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trap game next week. they better take care of this UNC game. 6-0 against FSU will be a big game and most likely college game day at FSU.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering how many of you saw the end of the USC - ASU game. I was watching on the couch about half awake and woke up right before the last play. I went to sleep with a big grin on my face. I hate USC more than Michigan. I had a dream that Rich Rodriguez was walking around 5-0 and whistling " The Victors ", truth is stranger than fiction. It's all good.

I confess, I stopped watching after ASU failed to recover the onside kick and then allowed USC to go do 60 yards on that run. Evidently, their defense stopped watching too.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike fucking Mayock called him Golston a couple times. Come on bro learn his name if you're gonna announce the games.

I think a lot of folks get 'confused' cuz of 2 dudes sharing very similar names line up in our backfield ... Golson and Folston. :noidea:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trap game next week. they better take care of this UNC game. 6-0 against FSU will be a big game and most likely college game day at FSU.

It should be at FSU either way as that will most likely be the ABC game of the week.....But knowing ESPN if A&M wins next week, they will magically end up in Alabama for the A&M @ Bama game

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The 4th Q of that game was great and the ending was epic. Not only do I enjoy seeing USC lose but I get a little giddy when they lose a heartbreaker like that one. The stunned silence of the home crowd was priceless.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to here what the recruits thought about the game.

I agree, that had to be pretty darned exciting to be there as a recruit. Second great recruiting game along with the Michigan game for a great all around exciting experience. Cross your fingers and your toes.

I just hope they don't mind living in and playing in crap weather. It was truly miserable out there yesterday and some players despise that kind of weather when it comes down to deciding on where they wanna go and play. Especially when the choices are places like USC or any down South team where the weather is always 'nice'. We've lost our share of recruits in the past b/c of the climate in SB ... sounds cheezy, I know, but it happens.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. The best part a lot of top teams lost today. makes ND win a lot better. This was a great day. I was flipping out. I thought the play before the TD was 4th down. I was cursing up a storm at Golson. Then I saw it was only 3rd i was like thank god.

Were you :drink: Purguy? :heh:

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weather can have an effect on recruiting but the thing kids need to remember that getting use to playing in that kind of weather is something you need to do when it comes to going to the NFL you might get drafted by Green Bay.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be at FSU either way as that will most likely be the ABC game of the week.....But knowing ESPN if A&M wins next week, they will magically end up in Alabama for the A&M @ Bama game

No way. If FSU is #1 and ND is between 3-5, they will be at FSU. Bama vs AM isn't that big if a game anymore. Big game but not as big if they didn't lose.