• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49'ers finally cut ties with A.J. Jenkins

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers GM Trent Baalke is one of those guys that can reach his hand into a bucket of shit and pull out a gold nugget. In one of his few mistakes (A.J. Jenkins), he was able to trade a player and get something back in return. He basically traded nothing and at least got something. I don't expect Jonathan Baldwin to make much of an impact in San Francisco, but he is worlds better than A.J. Jenkins.

Jenkins was never going to be able to succeed in San Francisco. Not with all the complete and utter ineptitude he's shown over the last year, and the crap that has come with it. Was there EVER anything good written about him ???????

So at least Baalke was able to salvage something... but A.J. Jenkins will probably go down as one of the worst draft picks in NFL History, bar none....

His tenure in San Francisco consisted of 35 plays, 16 pass plays.... 1 pass thrown to him, of which he managed to drop... and then couldn't make the team his second season on a team that might be the thinnest in the NFL at WR....

Amazing...

but Baldwin is a better WR...

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers GM Trent Baalke is one of those guys that can reach his hand into a bucket of shit and pull out a gold nugget. In one of his few mistakes (A.J. Jenkins), he was able to trade a player and get something back in return. He basically traded nothing and at least got something. I don't expect Jonathan Baldwin to make much of an impact in San Francisco, but he is worlds better than A.J. Jenkins.

Jenkins was never going to be able to succeed in San Francisco. Not with all the complete and utter ineptitude he's shown over the last year, and the crap that has come with it. Was there EVER anything good written about him ???????

So at least Baalke was able to salvage something... but A.J. Jenkins will probably go down as one of the worst draft picks in NFL History, bar none....

His tenure in San Francisco consisted of 35 plays, 16 pass plays.... 1 pass thrown to him, of which he managed to drop... and then couldn't make the team his second season on a team that might be the thinnest in the NFL at WR....

Amazing...

After his poor performance last year, the kid's days were numbered. I don't know if I would call it one of the worst draft picks in history. I tend to save those accolades for top 10 picks like Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell or Akili Smith. I might be dating myself, but remember when the Lions drafted Reggie Rogers from U of Washington in the late 80's? I believe he was drafted top 5 and I don't know if he ever recorded a takcle. He went to prison his second year for killing someone while drinking and driving. After prison he never played again. Being that Jenkins was a late first rounder, It's hard to call him one of the worst in NFL history. However I would call it a huge blunder. Maybe in the top 50 for worst all time.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So at least Baalke was able to salvage something... but A.J. Jenkins will probably go down as one of the worst draft picks in NFL History, ba

Amazing...

Yeah..amazing. You got to wonder if Baalke has some compromising photos of Dorsey or something.
The deals made between the Chiefs and 49ers lean heavily to the 49er side.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least Baldwin has shown something on the football field, but he's not without his issues as well...as a matter of fact, he's got a BOATLOAD of them, and doesn't seem like a Harbaugh player at all.... however...

He at least gives them SOMETHING.... Jenkins was never going to give them a thing.

It will have to go down as one of the worst First Round draft picks of all time.

He contributed NOTHING... that is almost astonishing.... Rashaun Woods is the happiest man alive right now...

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah..amazing. You got to wonder if Baalke has some compromising photos of Dorsey or something.
The deals made between the Chiefs and 49ers lean heavily to the 49er side.

It would appear that way on the surface, but there was talk in KC that Reid wanted to release Baldwin. The fact the Chiefs also got something at all was a good thing. Hey, they traded trash for trash. Bust in the first for bust in the first. Baldwin only got playing time because the Chiefs were so awful at WR they didn't have a choice.

The only reason I say Jenkins might actually have a chance to be an upgrade over Baldwin is Alex Smith. I gotta believe the Chiefs front office asked him his opinion. Which one do you think is better Baldwin or Jenkins? My guess is he said Jenkins. Which is saying a lot.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recall numerous convo's with the SF clan regarding AJ. I told them his time to at least get on the field and show something, anything, was last year when MM and KW went on the IR.
Their fans lambasted me with inside knowledge stating that AJ was a luxury pick and they are so deep on their roster that he could just sit back and learn.
Funny stuff to me.