• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ERS EXTEND ANTHONY DAVIS!!!!!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. Can he even become their backup next season?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who said anything about a limp? Do you not remember the multiple injuries and missed off-seasons for Crabs? This clearly played a role in him not being 100% healthy and recovered for years. He went in to every season recovering from an injury that limited his off-season work until this year! Stress fracture, neck injury, re-injuring foot (2nd foot surgery two offseason ago). Check check check. Where have you been? You can go ahead and look at stats and QBs and make your own assumptions. Mine is based off the eye ball test. This season Crabs was clearly a quicker player on the field. I attribute that to health and off-season work. Not some bullshit like a mid season QB change. Ludicrous.

Being a mauler and run blocker in college has zilch to do with what I'm talking about. Both those aspects involve getting your hands on a guy which is much easier at that level. Davis was poor at this in terms of pass pro in the NFL until he clearly put more work on it. You keep bringing up strength yet I haven't once. I lost track of how many times he was beaten so badly he barely got his hands on the guy as a result of poor footwork. Thankfully he dedicated himself and improved. This didnt happen because he turned 23. Like Pozz said, banking on a guy with his immaturity level to do that made a lot of us uneasy. Thank god he stepped up to the plate; now he better maintain it and not revert to laziness.

Okay so never playing RT in his life and being 20 has little to do with the slow but gradual transition. This back and forth is getting really tiresome--Anthony Davis is still the immature kid he was labeled as as a rookie. Just look at his twitter timeline if you want proof. Players can be immature and still work hard at their skill (See: T.O).

Yes, I know of the foot surgeries, but we're talking about Crabs here and he's a bit dramatic. He said he was temporarily blind after the Jimmy Smith 3rd down play and sat out of practice because he was wearing his cleats too tight. If the guy's feet hurt I want him to at least sell it. Davis and Sing certainly thought Crabtree was exaggerating to some degree (Sing said he 'nearly' made him cry).

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have to say no on Mr Pickle. Jimmy Clausen is one of my least favourite QBs I've ever analyzed.

Sickness it hasn't been completely forgotten that you latched onto Clyde's high opinion of Jevan Snead (ahem Tyler Bray)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so never playing RT in his life and being 20 has little to do with the slow but gradual transition. This back and forth is getting really tiresome--Anthony Davis is still the immature kid he was labeled as as a rookie. Just look at his twitter timeline if you want proof. Players can be immature and still work hard at their skill (See: T.O).

Yes, I know of the foot surgeries, but we're talking about Crabs here and he's a bit dramatic. He said he was temporarily blind after the Jimmy Smith 3rd down play and sat out of practice because he was wearing his cleats too tight. If the guy's feet hurt I want him to at least sell it. Davis and Sing certainly thought Crabtree was exaggerating to some degree (Sing said he 'nearly' made him cry).

Davis played LT in college so if anything his footwork should have been ahead of the curve. It wasn't.

A pouty crybaby doesn't fake a foot surgery twice. He was asked recently about his play this season and the first thing he mentioned was being able to practice this offseason.

I'm done with this topic.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sickness it hasn't been completely forgotten that you latched onto Clyde's high opinion of Jevan Snead (ahem Tyler Bray)

Clyde's opinion of Jevan Snead? Stupid post. A lot of analysts had him as the top rated QB in the nation going into his senior season. CBS sports had him the #2 guy behind Bradford for the 2010 draft (if wikipedia is correct, and most of the time it is). A lot of people projected him to be the #1 pick overall. I don't even remember Clyde liking him at all (I'm not defending Clyde; I just don't remember what he said about the guy). After his sophmore year, I thougt he could surpass Bradford in the draft, but he just completely went the other way. So it's not like I was the only person who thought Snead was promising sophmore.

And what the crap do you mean by (ahemn Tyler Bray). As in Bray won't get drafted / won't succeed in the NFL? Or Clyde liked him? Because if you were paying attention, Clyde's guy has always been Tyler Wilson. I don't remember a single positive post of his about Tyler Bray. If that was the confusion, a good solution would be to read both the first AND last name of the prospect someone is discussing.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way I am 1z, go back and read some of this thread & the one from last year before you're going to accuse me of plagiarizing other people's thoughts because I take that personally. I do my own research & analysis of college prospects year-'round, and I contribute more original thoughts about them than anyone else on this forum.

Why do people start with stupid, personal accusations when you trash the QB they like? Clausen sucks. That doens't mean you necessarily suck at life because you like him.

Last edited by a moderator:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Davis played LT in college so if anything his footwork should have been ahead of the curve. It wasn't.

A pouty crybaby doesn't fake a foot surgery twice. He was asked recently about his play this season and the first thing he mentioned was being able to practice this offseason.

I'm done with this topic.

"Who's the quarterback?"

&

“I think he trusted me more. There was a lot of trust. Playing wide receiver you need a quarterback that trusts you. I feel he trusted me, and we out there and did it.”

Is what he also said

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. It happens. You didn't see me tooting Ainge's horn after his second year.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clyde's opinion of Jevan Snead? Stupid post. A lot of analysts had him as the top rated QB in the nation going into his senior season. CBS sports had him the #2 guy behind Bradford for the 2010 draft (if wikipedia is correct, and most of the time it is). A lot of people projected him to be the #1 pick overall. I don't even remember Clyde liking him at all (I'm not defending Clyde; I just don't remember what he said about the guy). After his sophmore year, I thougt he could surpass Bradford in the draft, but he just completely went the other way. So it's not like I was the only person who thought Snead was promising sophmore.

And what the crap do you mean by (ahemn Tyler Bray). As in Bray won't get drafted / won't succeed in the NFL? Or Clyde liked him? Because if you were paying attention, Clyde's guy has always been Tyler Wilson. I don't remember a single positive post of his about Tyler Bray. If that was the confusion, a good solution would be to read both the first AND last name of the prospect someone is discussing.

No, I just believe Bray is this year's Snead, but he will get drafted most likely.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Who's the quarterback?"

&

“I think he trusted me more. There was a lot of trust. Playing wide receiver you need a quarterback that trusts you. I feel he trusted me, and we out there and did it.”

Is what he also said

And how does that explain the notable difference in his quickness when the season started? You are talking about stats. I'm not.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
By the way I am 1z, go back and read some of this thread & the one from last year before you're going to accuse me of plagiarizing other people's thoughts because I take that personally. I do my own research & analysis of college prospects year-'round, and I contribute more original thoughts about them than anyone else on this forum.

Why do people start with stupid, personal accusations when you trash the QB they like? Clausen sucks. That doens't mean you necessarily suck at life because you like him.

If anything I'm piggie backing off something Clyde said awhile ago, which I'm sure is just a coincidence but still humorous.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If anything I'm piggie backing off something Clyde said awhile ago, which I'm sure is just a coincidence but still humorous.

It must have been a long while ago because Clyde has, for the most part, been MIA this offseason. I, on the other hand, have posted more NFL draft stuff than anyone else.

You could be right that Bray is the next Snead. But he has a better chance of being a great QB than anyone else the Niners are going to have an opportunity to get (including suck-bag Jimmy Clausen).

...And speaking of thinking for one's self, look at how many people actually entertained the thought that Pat freeking White could be a good QB for the Niners. I didn't fall for it, but a lot of others immediately thought it might be a good idea becauase they read his name in the news.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And how does that explain the notable difference in his quickness when the season started? You are talking about stats. I'm not.

There is no notable difference.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It must have been a long while ago because Clyde has, for the most part, been MIA this offseason. I, on the other hand, have posted more NFL draft stuff than anyone else.

You could be right that Bray is the next Snead. But he has a better chance of being a great QB than anyone else the Niners are going to have an opportunity to get (including suck-bag Jimmy Clausen).

...And speaking of thinking for one's self, look at how many people actually entertained the thought that Pat freeking White could be a good QB for the Niners. I didn't fall for it, but a lot of others immediately thought it might be a good idea becauase they read his name in the news.

Jeff Tuel.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Jeff Tuel.

You like Jeff Tuell more than Tyler Bray? We're going to have to remember to re-visit this in a couple of seasons. Not that I wouldn't take a flyer on Tuel as an UDFA or 7th rounder or something, but the greatness I see in Tuel is in the video below (in the spirit of thinking for one's self):

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly here you go since you hold my opinion in such high regard. In the words of the man himself and his offensive coordinator, plus the guy he practices against:

Crabtree told the media this week that he’s fitter after a rigorous offseason conditioning program

“He was playing last year on a bad wheel and battled his way through it,” offensive coodinator Greg Roman told Cam Inman of the Bay Area News Group. “He’s much healthier this year. He certainly appears a lot quicker and faster.”

Rogers, too, told Inman that Crabtree looks faster
Niners' Crabtree Appears Faster, Fitter Than Last Season | NBC Bay Area

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

I still believe Jevan Snead should have been a good qb.. His release was on par with Brett Douche when he was with the Fudge Packers

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I still believe Jevan Snead should have been a good qb.. His release was on par with Brett Douche when he was with the Fudge Packers

He's one guy I just never understood. Maybe he just didn't have a passion for the game. His career reminded me of Drew Henson's. Both had a ton of talent & just flopped in the NFL. Henson I can understand because anyone who plays baseball immediately sucks as a QB (ask the Cowboys in the mid '00 decade). :)

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's one guy I just never understood. Maybe he just didn't have a passion for the game. His career reminded me of Drew Henson's. Both had a ton of talent & just flopped in the NFL. Henson I can understand because anyone who plays baseball immediately sucks as a QB (ask the Cowboys in the mid '00 decade). :)

One of Snead's main problems was his eyes and head in my opinion. Reading things fast enough, processing information, and being decisive at the same time as keeping everything technically sound, especially when under pressure, were problems for him that I think were some main reasons for why he never came close to taking off.