• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49er transactions (Alex Smith Full Contract Details in First Post)

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lloyd has really only had 1 good season. With the attitude on top of that I would rather go with someone else.

I'd say last year was pretty good considering the circumstances of playing on two different teams, he still almost had 1000 yards and out performed crabtree.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 good season? Id say he has had about 4 now. He is ranked 6th in catches and yards the last 2 years.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thread updater.

49ers have expressed interest in Manningham.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to push hard after Robinson. I don't think Dallas can afford to keep him.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson worries me. I'm left wondering if he benefited too much from the system and QB at Dallas. What do you think?

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a close call between Manningham and Robinson. I think Manningham has more value. He can line up in the slot or outside, but he's probably seeking a larger deal than Robinson.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson worries me. I'm left wondering if he benefited too much from the system and QB at Dallas. What do you think?

Watching a lot of Cowboys games last year, he was actually their most impressive WR, IMO. And I'm a huge Dez Bryant fan. I'm not saying he's better than Bryant or is a #1 WR, but I think he can be one of the top #2s in the league, and he's only 26.

I'd drop the whole Lloyd/Manningham thing immediately and focus on Robinson. But we'll see.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching a lot of Cowboys games last year, he was actually their most impressive WR, IMO. And I'm a huge Dez Bryant fan. I'm not saying he's better than Bryant or is a #1 WR, but I think he can be one of the top #2s in the league, and he's only 26.

I'd drop the whole Lloyd/Manningham thing immediately and focus on Robinson. But we'll see.

I actually think that's a good idea. Hopefully that's what people are thinking is that he was a system guy and his price will less.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think that's a good idea. Hopefully that's what people are thinking is that he was a system guy and his price will less.

He has A LOT of potential. 6-2 200 lbs, 4.38 40, 6.83 3-cone, 39" vert, 10'07" broad. The talent is definitely there.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Another thread updater.

49ers have expressed interest in Manningham.

With the exception of Chad Schilens (who is an IR frequenter), Baalke has only been looking at my favorite WRs

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the exception of Chad Schilens (who is an IR frequenter), Baalke has only been looking at my favorite WRs

And none of mine. :frusty:

There was a report actually that they are/were? interested in Robinson.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say last year was pretty good considering the circumstances of playing on two different teams, he still almost had 1000 yards and out performed crabtree.

Last year wasn't terrible, but we already have Crabtree. We add Moss. So bringing in another guy with a questionable attitude who is already 30 isn't appealing to me. If we didn't have Crabtree my thoughts might be different.

1 good season? Id say he has had about 4 now. He is ranked 6th in catches and yards the last 2 years.

The guy has only had 2 seasons with over 50 catches. Before that big season a couple years ago he did absolutely nothing. The 4 years combined before the big season he had a total of 59 catches for 860 yards and 2 tds. That's awful. And his first few years were decent for a guy coming into the league, but still mediocre.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has A LOT of potential. 6-2 200 lbs, 4.38 40, 6.83 3-cone, 39" vert, 10'07" broad. The talent is definitely there.

Oh wow, the kid does have the physical ability. His stats are pretty darn nice too. I'm on board, I'd definitely rather have him over Lloyd or Manningham.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And none of mine. :frusty:

There was a report actually that they are/were? interested in Robinson.

:juggle:

Well if Baalke goes the way I think he'll go then Baalke probably has little interest in Robinson and much rather see DeVier Posey in the slot

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A list of the WRs the 49ers have contacted, by Barrows

1. Chaz Schilens, Raiders.
6-4, 225 pounds. Age: 26
Pros: Big, physical receiver who likely would cost less than the other receivers the 49ers are examining. He could be a very good red-zone threat.
Cons: He's been snake-bitten when it comes to injuries, and because of that he doesn't have much experience.

2. Brandon Lloyd, Rams
6-0, 188 pounds. Age: 30
Pros: He's a very smart and crafty route runner who knows how to get open and who has excellent hands and body control. Lloyd had 1,448 receiving yards in 2010 and seems to be getting better with age.
Cons: He was despised by veterans during his first stint in San Francisco and was detested even more in his second stop, Washington. Lloyd also does not fit the mold of the big, powerful receiver-who-can-block the 49ers prefer.

3. Laurent Robinson, Cowboys
6-2, 196 pounds. Age: 26
Pros: Robinson was Dallas' most effective receiver by the end of the season, and he finished with a team-high 11 touchdown catches. He appears to have a nice combination of speed, length and youth.
Cons: Is he a one-hit wonder? Robinson didn't do much his first four years in the league. He is being pursued by four teams, which will pump up his asking price.

4. Mario Manningham, Giants
6-0, 185 pounds. Age: 25
Pros: Manningham has a lot of experience and he came up with the biggest catches of the game in the NFC Championship and the Super Bowl. He's young, has good hands and is a very good route runner.
Cons: He's not very big and was the third-best receiver on the Giants last year. Does he want to join a 49ers team that already has Michael Crabtree and Randy Moss?

Read more here: 49ers Blog and Q&A: Going deep: 49ers thorough in their WR search

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:juggle:

Well if Baalke goes the way I think he'll go then Baalke probably has little interest in Robinson and much rather see DeVier Posey in the slot

I'd rather look at AJ Jenkins or Junior Hemingway, but DeVier Posey wouldn't make me pull my hair out. We'll see.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A list of the WRs the 49ers have contacted, by Barrows

1. Chaz Schilens, Raiders.
6-4, 225 pounds. Age: 26
Pros: Big, physical receiver who likely would cost less than the other receivers the 49ers are examining. He could be a very good red-zone threat.
Cons: He's been snake-bitten when it comes to injuries, and because of that he doesn't have much experience.

2. Brandon Lloyd, Rams
6-0, 188 pounds. Age: 30
Pros: He's a very smart and crafty route runner who knows how to get open and who has excellent hands and body control. Lloyd had 1,448 receiving yards in 2010 and seems to be getting better with age.
Cons: He was despised by veterans during his first stint in San Francisco and was detested even more in his second stop, Washington. Lloyd also does not fit the mold of the big, powerful receiver-who-can-block the 49ers prefer.

3. Laurent Robinson, Cowboys
6-2, 196 pounds. Age: 26
Pros: Robinson was Dallas' most effective receiver by the end of the season, and he finished with a team-high 11 touchdown catches. He appears to have a nice combination of speed, length and youth.
Cons: Is he a one-hit wonder? Robinson didn't do much his first four years in the league. He is being pursued by four teams, which will pump up his asking price.

4. Mario Manningham, Giants
6-0, 185 pounds. Age: 25
Pros: Manningham has a lot of experience and he came up with the biggest catches of the game in the NFC Championship and the Super Bowl. He's young, has good hands and is a very good route runner.
Cons: He's not very big and was the third-best receiver on the Giants last year. Does he want to join a 49ers team that already has Michael Crabtree and Randy Moss?

Read more here: 49ers Blog and Q&A: Going deep: 49ers thorough in their WR search

Uh Baalke has taken Kyle Williams, Teddy Ginn, and Randy Moss as his WRs since becoming GM. We're not in the McSing days anymore!

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh Baalke has taken Kyle Williams, Teddy Ginn, and Randy Moss as his WRs since becoming GM. We're not in the McSing days anymore!

and Braylon Edwards. Although the outcome wasnt ideal the contract and signing was right

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and Braylon Edwards. Although the outcome wasnt ideal the contract and signing was right

Ah forgot about him already. DARN KNEES... okay, well that's one big-powerful receiver, where are the rest?