• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 4) Oklahoma City Thunder vs 5) Utah Jazz

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These Jazz uniforms are maybe the worst thing Nike has come up with in a long,long,long time.

And not to stop at the uniform but they change their court too.

Oregon fan talking about ugly uniforms? damn

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuel meets fire.....lol

I know you already know this, but I'm not even sure why people are still debating this. Clearly RW was the problem when KD was there. We could see it during games when RW would do his iso crap & literally take KD out of the game. So ridiculous that people couldn't connect the dots when he left.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuel meets fire.....lol

I have been saying this for years.

I don't think Scott Brooks helped matters at all either. He is a pretty lousy offensive coach, IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, I don't think he needs to accept being 2nd fiddle as much as I think he needs to accept that he can't win titles by himself.

People can say what they want about Kobe ball hogging, etc. But in the couple of seasons between Shaq leaving and Pau coming in, he learned that he couldn't do it by himself and adjusted. He was never 2nd fiddle, but he was a 1st fiddle that learned to involve his teammates.

If Westbrook can learn to do that, he can win a title as the main guy. The question is can/will he?

You know who Russ needs to play like?

Ben Simmons.

It is crazy to say he needs to play more like a rookie, but it is true.

Russ expends so much energy relentlessly attacking defenses that are already in position to stop him. Simmons is always super aggressive in the open floor, like Russ should be, but he operates more as a facilitator in half court offense.

If Russ played like that, he could average 18, 12 and 8 on much better efficiency and could be an all league defender too, because he would have more energy to focus on that side of the ball.

When people say year in and year out that the player doesn't have enough help and he is paired with other all star talent, the issue is the player.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you already know this, but I'm not even sure why people are still debating this. Clearly RW was the problem when KD was there. We could see it during games when RW would do his iso crap & literally take KD out of the game. So ridiculous that people couldn't connect the dots when he left.
Maybe it'll be clearer if Pg13 walks....lol

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know who Russ needs to play like?

Ben Simmons.

It is crazy to say he needs to play more like a rookie, but it is true.

Russ expends so much energy relentlessly attacking defenses that are already in position to stop him. Simmons is always super aggressive in the open floor, like Russ should be, but he operates more as a facilitator in half court offense.

If Russ played like that, he could average 18, 12 and 8 on much better efficiency and could be an all league defender too, because he would have more energy to focus on that side of the ball.

When people say year in and year out that the player doesn't have enough help and he is paired with other all star talent, the issue is the player.

See that's why I don't get why Thunder fans give him a pass either. Talent-wise, he's easily in the top 3 of the NBA in terms of what he can do with the basketball in his hands. It's what he chooses to do that is maddening.

Russ needs to adjust his game to help the guys around him if he's going to continue to try to be a point guard. I'd honestly think he could use a PG next to him that helps facilitate for the team and take that completely out of his hands. He could be a menacing two guard who's mentality is to just attack the basket and defenders in space.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it'll be clearer if Pg13 walks....lol

Well....KD left because of Westbrook. Oladipo and Sabonis get out from under Westbrook's thumb and are a big reason why the Pacers are where they are...and now, with PG and Melo they were able to improve on last year's record by 1 game and are looking at the very real possibility of a 1st round exit...just like last year.

If none of that has convinced him...not sure what will. If PG leaves, OKC fans will probably just call him Cupcakev2.0 which means Russ won't have to acknowledge that he's the problem.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent-wise, he's easily in the top 3 of the NBA in terms of what he can do with the basketball in his hands.

This is why he's one of my favorite players to watch. Along with his incredible talent, the dude attacks opponents like they called his mama a dirty name or something.

It's what he chooses to do that is maddening.

This I why I don't want to watch him play for the Lakers. He'd be like the worst possible version of Kobe.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See that's why I don't get why Thunder fans give him a pass either. Talent-wise, he's easily in the top 3 of the NBA in terms of what he can do with the basketball in his hands. It's what he chooses to do that is maddening.

Russ needs to adjust his game to help the guys around him if he's going to continue to try to be a point guard. I'd honestly think he could use a PG next to him that helps facilitate for the team and take that completely out of his hands. He could be a menacing two guard who's mentality is to just attack the basket and defenders in space.

I think it is pretty simple.

OKC fans give him a pass because he is still there. They sure aren't giving KD a pass.

I completely understand everybody's perspective on this. But, if the Thunder had somebody like Ricky Rubio to pair with their original Finals roster instead of Russ, they would have titles. Maybe more than 1.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OKC fans give him a pass because he is still there. They sure aren't giving KD a pass.

I completely understand everybody's perspective on this. But, if the Thunder had somebody like Ricky Rubio to pair with their original Finals roster instead of Russ, they would have titles. Maybe more than 1.
Yes, been saying for years they need a true PG & let Russ slide over to the 2. No coincidence that KD left to play with a pass-first PG.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, been saying for years they need a true PG & let Russ slide over to the 2. No coincidence that KD left to play with a pass-first PG.

I mean instead of Russ.

Rubio, Harden and KD would have won big.

Reactions: LAD

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Thunder could have drafted Rubio but passed on him if I remember correctly. I don't know what year that was or who they took instead. The Thunder need to win to night. Highly unlikely they win 3 straight if they dont.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder could have drafted Rubio but passed on him if I remember correctly. I don't know what year that was or who they took instead. The Thunder need to win to night. Highly unlikely they win 3 straight if they dont.

Rubio is nothing special, but he fits better with KD and Harden than Russ did.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....KD left because of Westbrook. Oladipo and Sabonis get out from under Westbrook's thumb and are a big reason why the Pacers are where they are...and now, with PG and Melo they were able to improve on last year's record by 1 game and are looking at the very real possibility of a 1st round exit...just like last year.

If none of that has convinced him...not sure what will. If PG leaves, OKC fans will probably just call him Cupcakev2.0 which means Russ won't have to acknowledge that he's the problem.
Yep.

He's the common denominator.

I don't deny that the guy is all about winning.

But, it has to be by his hand or not at all and that's a real problem.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean instead of Russ.

Rubio, Harden and KD would have won big.
Because Rubio never wanted to be a scorer.

Pass first, second and last in the beginning of his career.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

He's the common denominator.

I don't deny that the guy is all about winning.

But, it has to be by his hand or not at all and that's a real problem.

I am not even sure that is what it is. He just doesn't know any other way to play.

I think Scott Brooks deserves a good deal of the blame for this. He had a chance to reign Russ in a bit early in his career before he was an MVP caliber PG. It seemed like he never tried. At this point, it is too late unless Russ himself decides he wants to change. He is too accomplished now.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rubio is nothing special, but he fits better with KD and Harden than Russ did.

You are certainly correct he is nothing special, he can’t carry Westbrook’s jock. The Thunder are for some reason making him look like more than a half ass player, comical really.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope the Thunder tie up this series.

Unlike the Wolves.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess the burning question for this game.....

Who has a better game tonight......RW or Rubio?