• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 4/27 Red Sox have no pitching; Hu is crying over another Mets loss

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rays are looking better than I expected, but it's still early.

This. I figured on Baltimore and Toronto finishing with between 85-90 wins. Boston and New York finishing between 80-85 and Tampa winning less than 70. Tampa has surprised me.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a confession to make. The pick 'ems aren't really fair. I developed a program that analyzes player projections, mixed with current performance and splits, and then uses those projections to simulate each game 100 times. I'm simply picking the ones that have the highest probability to win.

I normally look at the starters and pick from that. Along with picking the Yankees to win every game.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth, Baseball Prospectus picked them to win the AL East. Their pitching is better than a lot give them credit for.

Archer and Odorizzi are promising young starters...did Smyly hurt himself already?
I don't know much about the guys in the pen...seems like they don't have fixed 4th and 5th starters yet.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a confession to make. The pick 'ems aren't really fair. I developed a program that analyzes player projections, mixed with current performance and splits, and then uses those projections to simulate each game 100 times. I'm simply picking the ones that have the highest probability to win.

I've been picking which team has the more handsome starter

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I normally look at the starters and pick from that. Along with picking the Yankees to win every game.

You're not gonna call bullshit on my "developed a program" bit? It is complete bullshit. I've just been lucky.

I do have one advantage that was deeply engrained in FanNation lore that has not really gotten much attention here on The Hoop. I have three testicles and the middle one is Jon Heyman.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing this chatter about another countdown of A-Rod HRs. So that's his 5th without using PEDs... I don't think any home runs he hits really matter too much at this point.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes should. The Yankees swept Tampa in Tampa already this year. They should be able to win a series at home.

I will not come out and say that they will win, only that they should win.

Fair enough. There's always the possibility that the Yankees shouldn't have swept Tampa in Tampa, which would be my take on it.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have my young daughter pick based on the teams' logos.

My daughter can't be bothered with baseball. She's all into "her art..."

I used to put the schedule in my bird's cage and bet on the ones he pooped on.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing this chatter about another countdown of A-Rod HRs. So that's his 5th without using PEDs... I don't think any home runs he hits really matter too much at this point.

It's BS that the yanks are all "he doesn't deserve the money because we're not going to do any marketing based on his tainted home run records." That's their choice not to milk it, but baseball hasn't redacted any of his previous homers, so they all count. They should just move forward like everyone else has.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the Red Sox giving up six FGs.

Or a TD, three FGs and a safety.

Or 9 safeties.

Or a TD, a FG, ...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's BS that the yanks are all "he doesn't deserve the money because we're not going to do any marketing based on his tainted home run records." That's their choice not to milk it, but baseball hasn't redacted any of his previous homers, so they all count. They should just move forward like everyone else has.

This.

Even if Rodriguez were to go on to beat Bonds' record, reaching the five milestones, it would total $30MM in bonus money, which is chump change to the Yankees. They saved $25MM on him last year due to the suspension.

They signed the contract and they should honor it, not act like petulant children.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder if Yankees even have a leg to stand on in saying they wont pay the $6 million bonus. If they don't, they shouldn't have said it. It's in the contract, with no wording of steroid use, as far as I know. So why create drama? A-Rod is hitting, so just appreciate it.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the Red Sox giving up six FGs.

Or a TD, three FGs and a safety.

Or 9 safeties.

Or a TD, a FG, ...

You think Boston doesn't look back and regret the Adrian Gonzalez trade?