• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4-1

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we have Navy next but Im looking at USC. We need to beat them and beat them good to have any shot.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing that's been bugging me a lot is some of our defensive alignments. Our defense too many times stunts itself out of plays. Schmidt ran away from the play early. When it looked like they were going to go up and down the field on us early that's what happened. I'm glad Van Gorder fixed it but sometimes going base and then settling into the game might help.
100% agree, late in the 2nd half we all Knew they were running the ball and couldn't stop them because of being out of position or missed tackles.

Also I hate to say this but Joe Schmidt(I'm a fan and love his story) sucks. He is not back to himself from last year and its time to replace him. He is slow and now he leads the team in missed tackles. I can deal with being slow but miss tackles no way. Time to replace him or lower his snap count.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we have Navy next but Im looking at USC. We need to beat them and beat them good to have any shot.

We just have to worry about beating teams. You don't have to go out there and dominate a team who is on the same level as you. If we end up 11-1 we will be in the conversation. Point blank

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing that's been bugging me a lot is some of our defensive alignments. Our defense too many times stunts itself out of plays. Schmidt ran away from the play early. When it looked like they were going to go up and down the field on us early that's what happened. I'm glad Van Gorder fixed it but sometimes going base and then settling into the game might help.

Sometimes the defense is too sophisticated.

I think Van Gorder forgets, these are college kids, not NFL players.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just have to worry about beating teams. You don't have to go out there and dominate a team who is on the same level as you. If we end up 11-1 we will be in the conversation. Point blank

Absolutely agree

A win over USC, and a win on the road against Stanford. We're in. Stanford has a loss, to what looks like a damn good Northwestern team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and if Clemson runs the table that will help big time. Think about it we will end up after this week 10-12. Thats a lot of time to move up 6-8 spots.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also hate to say it because no loss is good but this isn't a bad loss(unless clemson pulls a GT). on the road against one of the toughest places, in bad weather and with 4 turnovers with a back up QB,RB, TE. Not bad. Also lets all be honest most have already said it we were the better team and beat ourselves. 11-1 i think we get in with a little help.

I do want to say where the hell are the TE's in the passing game. What happen to that.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This feels awfully similar to our reaction to last seasons game in Tallahassee.

Do the wheels fall off again this season? Matching up with Navy as well, just like last year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know if any notice this but kelly does things opposite. when we are up by 2 scores late in games he passes the ball instead run and when we are down he sticks with the run game even when its not working. just something i have noticed.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do the wheels fall off again this season? Matching up with Navy as well, just like last year.
it does but the difference is its not the QB losing games and i trust this team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont like kelly being hard on the team. yes they didnt play great with turnovers and drops but it still comes down to him making that stupid call. we are in over time if he make that call

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh. Injuries started hitting during and after the Navy game last year and Golson fell apart too. I think we'll do fine. Need to win out though.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Injuries started hitting during and after the Navy game last year and Golson fell apart too. I think we'll do fine. Need to win out though.

Last season the injury bug bit the defense

This season the injury bug has bitten the offense

Does it catch up to us? Or do we build on this game tonight and take care of business?

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season the injury bug bit the defense

This season the injury bug has bitten the offense

Does it catch up to us? Or do we build on this game tonight and take care of business?
I expect them to beat Navy worse than we did Ga Tech. Having them at home helps. USC looms large. And Stanford is coming on strong. That could be a quality win to end the season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we will be 11-1 with chance of playoffs or 11-1 or 10-2 with big bowl game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know this sucks guys but we will be fine.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
schmitd just runs around taking bad angles and missing tackles. time to replace him. he seems like a great kid but he just isn't cutting it on the field

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
schmitd just runs around taking bad angles and missing tackles. time to replace him. he seems like a great kid but he just isn't cutting it on the field
Problem is, he's really good at getting guys in the right call. He makes some bad guesses and lacks the physical ability to overcome that. Honestly, I've seen enough of Morgan to know he isn't ready. If he were, he'd be in there already

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree Joe isnt back to last year. he looks bad.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it really matters at this point. We faced the best D we're going to face all year, had the game still winnable and blew it. Until there's accountability for the stupid shit I see game in and game out, the problem won't go away, so then it's just a matter of when will it pop up next? You can't continue to make the kinds of mistakes we're making and expect to be called NC caliber.

What Kelly does Purguy is act cute. Oh I know that you know that I know that you know that I want to run on this down and distance, so I'm going to fool you and pass! I know that you know that I know that we only have 2 true rushing plays, so I'm going to try to trick you and... run one of those two and hope you guess wrong! Call it panic or whatever you want. It's poor game management and no one fucking calls him on it. But it was ok to call out Lou for his deficiencies, or Davie, or Willingham, or Weis? When is he going to get that same treatment? It should not be coming only when the Alumni are so fucking fed-up they're threatening to refrain from adding to the endowment coffers and the ND Brass and AD then HAVE to do something.

For example. Have you ever seen him take the blame or even be called out on having entirely too many delay of game calls? That's almost entirely on the coaches when the Offense is standing at the LOS and looking towards the sidelines with 25s on the clock. You've got 35 seconds! You should be at the LOS looking over to the SL for any audible calls with 20 left almost every single play. Surely it can be players' fault, but I don't see it being the players' fault 99% of the time.

I'm seriously curious now. I would like for any of you to pass on information to me about his press conference or any behind-the-scenes talk with Kelly or Alumni about that 2pt conversion call. I'm 100% positive his EXCUSE will be: well if we'd executed the play correctly we would've been kicking the XP for the win instead of going for two again for the tie. That's his logic. Not, oh that was a stupid time to call for a 2 pointer, not even knowing whether the other team was going to score again. Why the hell not just go for two every single time if you're going to use that kind of logic?

Yes he does some things well. I've said this before, but going 12-0 and getting crushed in the NCG isn't that big of a step up from going 10-2 and winning your bowl game. We hadn't won a bowl game since '93-'08 when Kelly's team won the Hawaii bowl. Ok so we've been 12-0 since and gotten crushed in the NCG. Can he go the Full Monty? I have my doubts and I hate saying that because I like Kelly, I just can't stand his play calling, not one bit. If I ever met the guy or had the opportunity to speak to him the first thing I'd say is; Wtf is with your play-calling man? I want to know THAT bad. I mean can he not sense his own weakness? If so, then what is he doing to adjust, because I keep seeing same-ol' same-ol'?

Think about that. For everything that the team did wrong tonight, they were still in a position to win. Kick an XP twice and you're playing Overtime, and I think we had a good shot at taking them in OT, we'd gained momentum. But, no... no, we had to have a 2pt conversion call, that was unnecessary, causing us to have to not only dig deeper for 3 more series, but then have the pressure of going for two again because we didn't kick the first time. So aside from drops, penalties and turnovers on the player's side of it (which ultimately didn't cause them to lose), you also have the coach putting them in a position that made it even harder by being down 12 instead of 11 and ultimately only need 2 XP to bring the game to even steven, but instead they were forced to go for two, because of Coach's call. I mean if that's not some irony there I don't know what is. Kelly has to answer for that. Show some damned remorse for your stupidity and ego.