• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

4-1

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24-22

I can't remember a game where we made so many mistakes, and absolutely beat ourselves. I may sound like a sore loser, but Clemson is not better than we are. I'm sorry, they just aren't.

Play calling, dropped passes, turnovers, pre-snap penalties, pre-snap mistakes, coaching decisions. Just unbelievable.

Why in the hell did Kelly go for 2, after the score that made it 21-9? Just like last season against Northwestern, a terrible call going for 2.

The good news here is, we lost by 2 on the road, we are absolutely still in the playoff hunt. Use this game, come out with vengeance, and make a point against Navy. Then beat USC and get back into the conversation.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly I wasn't watching the game at that point, any reason we went for two?

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason at all, in my opinion. Just a bad decision by Kelly.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just as pissed off as anyone else.

But this team could have folded, they could have packed it in and went home, they could have quit. But they didn't. They couldn't have played 3 quarters any worse than they did, but they fought back anyways. The defense never quit today, and the offense shrugged it off and played their ass off in the 4th

Time to strap it up now, the next loss ends the season.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not a 'bad' decision, a pure and simple, stupid decision.

21-9. There's too much time left to go 'all-in' on the notion that the other team isn't going to score another point. Make it 21-10 and you're still only down two scores, two TDs! Which, we ended up getting with their lone FG which would have made it an even-steven ball game going into extra-time. That call put us in an even worse position because of the failure to convert, then we were in had we just kicked it. That's just stupid.

You go for two to tie or take the lead, and in my view, only when you're forced to do so, as in, your D can't stop the opposing team and you're within 8. If you're not within 8, kick the XP. Can't ever agree with going for two with over a quarter to play, too many variables.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on Quentin Nelson's injury? I saw Alex Bars in 2d half.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I want to say I'm a Kelly supporter. I still think he is the best coach since Lou. Now my problem with him is he does this once a year and 75% of the time it cost us. Most of the time he tries and do this on the road. Going for 2 made no sense. Also down 18 and running the ball made no sense. The last 2 pt conversion I can live with . Yes I think it was a bad call because we were passing on them all day in the 2nd half why run. Why not pass with option to run. I still Like kelly but he let his players down. Yes players screwed up(3 fumbles and bad special teams tonight) but overall if he made 1 right call this game is in over time.

U don't go for 2 unless u need to. That is Coaching 101. Any coach will tell you that. The % is not good.

Overall this season isn't overall we run the table we still have a good shot at Playoffs or a Very good bowl game. If Clemson runs the table better for us. We just have to take it 1 game at a time now.

I hope in this weeks episode Kelly takes the blame.

Side note: Brown and Robinson have bad hands. Yes Fuller had 1 bad drop but overall we all know he is good. Also in no way a Kicker should make u fumble the ball.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24-22

I can't remember a game where we made so many mistakes, and absolutely beat ourselves. I may sound like a sore loser, but Clemson is not better than we are. I'm sorry, they just aren't.

Play calling, dropped passes, turnovers, pre-snap penalties, pre-snap mistakes, coaching decisions. Just unbelievable.

Why in the hell did Kelly go for 2, after the score that made it 21-9? Just like last season against Northwestern, a terrible call going for 2.

The good news here is, we lost by 2 on the road, we are absolutely still in the playoff hunt. Use this game, come out with vengeance, and make a point against Navy. Then beat USC and get back into the conversation.

Perhaps the better term would be that executing those things by Clemson made them the better team just not as talented.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps the better term would be that executing those things by Clemson made them the better team just not as talented.

Better team? I would disagree

Better coached? Very possible

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just as pissed off as anyone else.

But this team could have folded, they could have packed it in and went home, they could have quit. But they didn't. They couldn't have played 3 quarters any worse than they did, but they fought back anyways. The defense never quit today, and the offense shrugged it off and played their ass off in the 4th

Time to strap it up now, the next loss ends the season.
I agree I like the fight on the road against a really good home team. This team is good and if healthy might be the best in the country. I also want to say I like Kizer. yes he makes bad throws but he has Ice in his veins. I like him in the pocket.

Not to be sour but we are the better team. 4 turnovers on road in bad weather and we lose by 2 with a back up QB.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admittedly I wasn't watching the game at that point, any reason we went for two?

Nope not one logical reason. Either way if we made the 2 or kick the XP, we would have still needed a TD and fg at least to tie the game at that stage. Dumb decision.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better team? I would disagree

Better coached? Very possible
this might be true. Again I like Kelly and has brought us back to being good but I agree he does screw up a lot especially on the road. On the road he calls a conservative game and then makes 1 bad decision.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What frustrated me was how flat we came out to start both the 1st and 2nd half. Especially the first half.

We allowed that huge run on the first play of the game which led to a TD. Go 3 and out on offense followed up by a terrible punt which gave them an extremely short field to work with. In a blink of an eye we were down 14-0

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the pre-snap mistakes, pre-snap timeouts and pre-snap penalties. That's on the coaching staff

We have seen this for Kelly's entire tenure here.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to blame Kelly much except for the unnecessary 2 point call when we scored our first TD. He was not responsible for creating holes for our RB, holding on to the football, and not dropping wide open passes.

Offense played like shit until late in the 2nd half

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets all be honest when Folston and MZ went down a lot of us knew we wouldn't make the playoffs but truth is we still have an outside shot. This game in a way doesn't hurt as bad as a normal loss unless clemson Craps the bed. no way in hell we should fall that far. If we beat USC and the new polls come out we will be in the Top 10 and just need some luck.

Overall I like this team. I also want to give credit to VG and the D. I bashed a lot this year and killed him after being down 14-0 but he did an overall good job. Karma is a bitch for kelly. he called out the D last week and we lost because of him this week and fumbles from the O.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the pre-snap mistakes, pre-snap timeouts and pre-snap penalties. That's on the coaching staff

I disagree to an extent. Kizer didn't have a sense of urgency with the clock running down. Also our RT was scared as fuck and had 2 silly false start penalties

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yes and no. 2 time outs in that 1st half was on Kizer. Time out on the 2pt was on the staff.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to blame Kelly much except for the unnecessary 2 point call when we scored our first TD. He was not responsible for creating holes for our RB, holding on to the football, and not dropping wide open passes.

Offense played like shit until late in the 2nd half
what about running the ball down 18 50% of the time. He didn't go to the pass until the 4th. That 2nd half should of been about the pass and then throw in some runs. Pass will open up the run. 1st down play calls we ran the ball 70% of the time. Cant do that.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing that's been bugging me a lot is some of our defensive alignments. Our defense too many times stunts itself out of plays. Schmidt ran away from the play early. When it looked like they were going to go up and down the field on us early that's what happened. I'm glad Van Gorder fixed it but sometimes going base and then settling into the game might help.