• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

3on3 yuck

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
and they call the shootouts a gimmick?

teams will overtime (pun def intended) figure out only a few teams with legit snipers can run 3on3 and will do everything they can to slow it down and not take chances.

The Devils are a perfect team for this thinking. They have zero offensive threat but Cory is a legit good goalie so why risk losing that point in overtime? Why not play to your strength (Cory) and go to shoot out?

watching my first example of it tonight and zzzzzz the only goal scored was off a broken stick by the islanders leading to a 2on1. I really think that's the only way your going to see a lot of goals scored 3on3.

There was a faceoff in the Devils end before that goal the islanders won the draw back to the point there was boing absolutely nothing for the guy to do with the puck there is a guy right on top of him. Pass it all you want but it's just man on man coverage sure there's a lot of space but even if you give a guy at the point for a slapper a goalie will stop it 9 out of 10 times. He's not even going to be screened! I also read the Rangers flyers game he. Isn't before was a giant snooze fest.

So you play 60 mins of a team sport tied and your going to hope and end the game on a broken play? That's less gimmicky then a shootouts? Just do a tie already

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with a tie, never did, never will.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't care for the tie but I had absolutely no problem with the 4 on 4 OT followed by the shootout format. It's fair to both teams.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
personally i think the overtime is just too short.

get rid of the loser point and then make 4on4 overtime for 10mins. teams wont play it safe for the 1pt in regulation. if you can't score with 4on4 open ice then its 1pt

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any serious hockey fàns have better ideas than bettman and crew but they still manage to fuck it up. Seem to be catering to people new to the game with these changes and makes.no sense.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming soon 3 on 3 with no goalies, whoever scores the most goals in 5 minutes wins!

just kidding.....I hope