• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

30) Vance Joseph, Denver Broncos

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos took a step back in every phase last season -- but especially on defense, Joseph's area of expertise. Some of that can be blamed on an anemic offense that kept the defense on the field far too long, though Joseph wasn't able to get nearly as much out of his team as his predecessor. He and Steve Wilks are similar in that each coached defensive backs for years, with only one year as a DC before becoming a head coach. In theory, Joseph learned much from the pitfalls of his initial season, so he has an edge in understanding the demands of the job. How much understanding he'll receive from John Elway is another matter.

I think this ranking is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to high .....l:dhd:

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh this is NFL.com

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like VJ the guy but, not impressed with him as HC so far. As for D I give them a pass for 17 O was terrible. I just hope VJ does either really good or really bad to know for sure if he has it or not. It would be for the best of Org if we don't switch HC's in 19 but, we'll see.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully just like everything else in life, you learn from your initial experiences when doing something new. Lessons learned . Happens all the time.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
23) Kyle Shanahan, San Francisco 49ers

They have him rated wrong I would have him at 15 from what he did late in the season.

I think after this year he will be rated wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy higher.

I have always hated the 49er's with a passion. I will be rooting for Kyle this year, not for the team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vance definitely had a very rough introduction to the NFL. So far I've heard much better things of his work this year and understanding of what it takes to be a HC in this league. We shall see though once the actual games are being played whether he is worth keeping around or not. The good thing with Elway is he is not afraid to make difficult decisions quickly.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vance definitely had a very rough introduction to the NFL. So far I've heard much better things of his work this year and understanding of what it takes to be a HC in this league. We shall see though once the actual games are being played whether he is worth keeping around or not. The good thing with Elway is he is not afraid to make difficult decisions quickly.
Do you think he will finish the season cd?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to think about VJ. Elway did him no favors when he brought him in - and hired coaches for VJ to coach - and not giving him an NFL QB to compete with the league.

This year Vance Joseph seems to have been actually left in charge of things. We have yet to see what kind of HC he is or how much players are willing to play for him. I hope it works out.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll all know the answer to that after about 5-7 games. Vance is going to live on the hot seat for at least a third of the season.
What up 64?

10-6 for you this year, eh?
Im rolling with 11-5 for us!

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What up 64?

10-6 for you this year, eh?
Im rolling with 11-5 for us!

Howdy Idaho.

I'm not sure that I'm comfortable pegging the Broncos with a 10 win season. Is it possible? Of course but there are still question marks like offensive line, rookie contribution and which version of Case Keenum we'll see.

VJ is on year two and has his own staff, so the expectation is that he improves or else. The Broncos had a great draft as graded by most experts and fans but draft grades are still on paper and not on the field yet. A couple of free agent additions should help the team but you never know what kind of chemistry will be created. Most of the news coming out of Broncos OTA's was extremely positive but every player and fan thinks they're going to win the Super Bowl in June/July. I'm optimistic about the Broncos but will temper it for now until I see more.

As for your Raiders, I've spent enough time on the Raiders board to know how you roll. Forever the supreme optimist. I think Carr is a good QB but need to see him string together more consistent years. Also, not convinced that the Raiders did enough to address their defense. We'll see soon enough. That's why they play the game.

Welcome to the Broncos board. No stalkers over here, so you're safe from that. However, the Raider hate is strong with this group, so you'll be subjected to jabs here and there. If you go Raider crazy, you'll get blown up by our fans so keep it civil!

NFL 2018 isn't far away! God, I love football!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that the 49ers were garbage until they found a QB, then everything seemed to click for Shanahan. Something the Broncos never had at any point in the season last year. It's amazing how Kyle Shanahan gets none of the blame for the 49ers starting 0-9 and yet people are high on him as a coach because SF happened to win 6 of their last 7 thanks to Jimmy G.

He's probably an ok HC but in reality he's on the same level as Joseph, it's just Kyle has his QB, Vance doesn't know if he has his.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howdy Idaho.

I'm not sure that I'm comfortable pegging the Broncos with a 10 win season. Is it possible? Of course but there are still question marks like offensive line, rookie contribution and which version of Case Keenum we'll see.

VJ is on year two and has his own staff, so the expectation is that he improves or else. The Broncos had a great draft as graded by most experts and fans but draft grades are still on paper and not on the field yet. A couple of free agent additions should help the team but you never know what kind of chemistry will be created. Most of the news coming out of Broncos OTA's was extremely positive but every player and fan thinks they're going to win the Super Bowl in June/July. I'm optimistic about the Broncos but will temper it for now until I see more.

As for your Raiders, I've spent enough time on the Raiders board to know how you roll. Forever the supreme optimist. I think Carr is a good QB but need to see him string together more consistent years. Also, not convinced that the Raiders did enough to address their defense. We'll see soon enough. That's why they play the game.

Welcome to the Broncos board. No stalkers over here, so you're safe from that. However, the Raider hate is strong with this group, so you'll be subjected to jabs here and there. If you go Raider crazy, you'll get blown up by our fans so keep it civil!

NFL 2018 isn't far away! God, I love football!
Careful with that stalker milehigh64. That creepy dude already found me on here. Lmao, i haven't posted at the hoop in awhile dude, and boom just like that he finds me! Crazy

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that the 49ers were garbage until they found a QB, then everything seemed to click for Shanahan. Something the Broncos never had at any point in the season last year. It's amazing how Kyle Shanahan gets none of the blame for the 49ers starting 0-9 and yet people are high on him as a coach because SF happened to win 6 of their last 7 thanks to Jimmy G.

He's probably an ok HC but in reality he's on the same level as Joseph, it's just Kyle has his QB, Vance doesn't know if he has his.

Lets see in Atlanta He had something Vance never had ever . A bad assed O his Falcons' offense under Shanahan was the highest-scoring offense in the league in 2016 and earned an 11–5 record, a division title, and a Super Bowl LI berth against the New England Patriots.[13] Shanahan was named the NFL Assistant Coach of the Year for the 2016 season.[1

Vance has not done a damn thing. He had a D rated as good as Dennison's Ol here in Denver