• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(3)Phoenix Coyotes vs (4)Nashville Predators Someone get the Nyquil series

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
well seems like you need the clarification since you keep spewing off the same nonsense each time the Coyotes success is brought up.

if I may step in for BWF:

it all comes off as a bit disingenuous as you basically decided to become a hockey fan two months ago, so don't act like you have suffered through the years of turmoil with the team.
in fact, you specifically chose the Coyotes to follow, due to the highest possibility of the team relocating closer to you.

so you celebrating their fanbase is quite frankly, at best bullshit, and at worst quite insulting.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect, reading your posts, a team from a Southern / non-traditional market has ever outplayed another team. They always get outplayed and either get lucky, great goaltending, etc.

Yotes are extremely tough to score against... maybe that has something to do with it.

So did Phoenix outplay Nashville tonight?

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if I may step in for BWF:

it all comes off as a bit disingenuous as you basically decided to become a hockey fan two months ago, so don't act like you have suffered through the years of turmoil with the team.
in fact, you specifically chose the Coyotes to follow, due to the highest possibility of the team relocating closer to you.

so you celebrating their fanbase is quite frankly, at best bullshit, and at worst quite insulting.

I became a fan in August not just a few months ago. I recall coming year last playoffs showing interest in the sport and league and decided I would take some time in deciding a team. I picked Phoenix, yes for the possibility of their relocating to Portland.

But in the games I have watched this year, they have been very entertaining and it has been a blast to follow. The playoffs have been great, and I will assure you whether they stay in PHX more to Quebec or go wherever I will stay loyal to this franchise.

A new fan has to start somewhere, I just so happened to pick a team that wasn't predicted to do squat in the preseason and ends up making it to the WCF.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
That will be quite the bidding war...Detroit is gonna get in on that action.

They can go after Suter.
Weber is the RFA, and I don't think NSH will be so keen to send his rights to that particular division rival.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yotes are one of 11 teams in the league to make the playoffs each of the last three seasons. That's a pretty nice accomplishment and yet they pulled in an average of 12,420 fans for their 41 home dates this season (that was 30th in the league). By the way, that number is inflated due to very cheap ticket prices and many game day specials.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I became a fan in August not just a few months ago. I recall coming year last playoffs showing interest in the sport and league and decided I would take some time in deciding a team. I picked Phoenix, yes for the possibility of their relocating to Portland.

But in the games I have watched this year, they have been very entertaining and it has been a blast to follow. The playoffs have been great, and I will assure you whether they stay in PHX more to Quebec or go wherever I will stay loyal to this franchise.

A new fan has to start somewhere, I just so happened to pick a team that wasn't predicted to do squat in the preseason and ends up making it to the WCF.

All well and good, but please stop pretending you know more about NHL politics than the rest of us do. We have a lot of miles on you as experienced fans.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
regardless, this run keeps Coyotes in PHX for at least 1 more year. After this successful run and after next season I am sure they will see where they are at as a franchise and decide to keep them in PHX or move the team. If attendance is up next year (15-22) in the league ontop of ANOTHER successful playoff season then consider the Coyotes in Phoenix for years to come.

If attendance is down next year then the yotes will play their last season in PHX after 16 years.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All well and good, but please stop pretending you know more about NHL politics than the rest of us do. We have a lot of miles on you as experienced fans.

I don't think I ever tried to believe I knew more about NHL politics compared to you guys. I just think coming from multiple sports backgrounds that defense wins championships, and I am sorry but even as a newbie hockey fan, claiming the only reason a team is winning is because of a good goalie/defense and that it is ridiculous is laughable. I figure hockey to be like any other sport where defense wins championships, and the Yotes have great defense.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will on the other hand congratulate all the real Coyotes fans. The ones who made up the poorly attended Coyotes games and spoke at the city hall meetings to keep the team there. They are the ones who have earned this, not all the band wagon hoppers and Oregon wannabe fans who have latched onto this team

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I latched onto this team before the 2011-2012 puck ever dropped.

quoipourquoi

Did Not Fuck Leesha/Sarah
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really makes no difference how long someone has been a fan, how long a city has had a team, how many people show up to the games, or who has earned the right to cheer (as if that's a thing). I mean, this reception is the kinda bullshit I expect to hear from Derringer Eagle. We're better than that.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really makes no difference how long someone has been a fan, how long a city has had a team, how many people show up to the games, or who has earned the right to cheer (as if that's a thing). I mean, this reception is the kinda bullshit I expect to hear from Derringer Eagle. We're better than that.

:nod: Me and OD are natural rivals USC Oregon.We jaw back and fourth all the time hell he probably hates me.But I will say I am happy to see him taking an interest in the game.We may both hate each other at times but I will give him his due credit and congrats to his yotes

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it makes me sick that people are bashing someone for recently coming to realize that OUR SPORT deserves respect. as a former player and current fan, obviously the media coverage of hockey has left something to be desired. but if someone wants to come on here, pick a team, and show devotion to that team, who thinks they are special enough to tell that person that they are a lesser fan than any of the rest of us? we should be welcoming new fans, regardless of their team, with open arms. OD, i am happy you have become a hockey fan. i do NOT want your coyotes to win the cup, but i am glad you have gotten to experience the ride that is the stanley cup playoffs...truly the best that sports has to offer.

BlueandWhiteForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I suppose you are right. I am angry at the way this franchise has been handled by Bettman more than anything else. If this had been a small-medium market Canadian team in this much trouble, he would have launched them out of town from a cannon years ago.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Nashville sold a pretty significant chunk of its future for this run.
they don't pick until the 3rd round, and had a 'wait and see' strategy with both Suter and Weber.

the Russians are as good as gone, will be a busy, busy summer.

/btw - for the record, I am thrilled that PHX is picking up new fans.
just had to point out the hypocrisy of someone being thrilled for a fan-base, when the reason they chose that team was specifically hoping for a relocation. If they've won him over (wherever they may be) during the year, terrific.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville sold a pretty significant chunk of its future for this run.
they don't pick until the 3rd round, and had a 'wait and see' strategy with both Suter and Weber.

the Russians are as good as gone, will be a busy, busy summer.

/btw - for the record, I am thrilled that PHX is picking up new fans.
just had to point out the hypocrisy of someone being thrilled for a fan-base, when the reason they chose that team was specifically hoping for a relocation. If they've won him over (wherever they may be) during the year, terrific.

if they stay I want to see near capacity and not just for playoffs.