• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: Chicago Bulls vs Cleveland Cavaliers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what happened to Noah- the guy was i think like 3rd or 4th for the freaking MVP last year and played amazing

he played this series offensively like he had oven mitts on. He was still his annoying over the top dbag on defense, etc- but Tristan was the best rebounder in this series and hes not 6 10..hes barely 6 foot 9

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea but bad teams love to trade for expiring contracts. Sixers will probably try for him. Maybe the cavs will trade for him :nono: that'd be the funniest thing ever

and get what in return?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bench stepped up all series . The bench that so many people ripped on. They are quiet now though.

James Jones played great - had one huge game, was solid tonight, everything you could ask out of that guy.

Dellavadova- i mean what can you say? he had 9 assists one game, tonight he LED the team in points, he played solid D, made clutch shots all series.

Jr sMith with clutch shot after clutch shot after clutch shot....he would get hot and carry the team for streaks and ALWAYS had to have defensive attention paid to him

And Tristan and Shumpert moving from the bench to the starting lineup.

Ya hear people questining the Cavs D now? With those 2 in the starting lineup with Mozgov and LeBron the Cavs can play some real defense. Tristan was the hardest working player in the series next to probably Jimmy Butler who did a job on LeBron better than anyone could have asked. Butler has to be exhausted but still played well on the offensive side.

Tristan is like the heart of the team though. 17 rebounds. in a close out game. on the road. against the bulls front line.

it would suck ass if Love leaves because how amazing ti would be to have Wiggins as a up and ocming perimeter threat- but we have seen that Tristan Thompson is ready to step up and could without a doubt be a starter for this team going forward.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and get what in return?

well.... umm.... nothing from the sixers. but some team will trade for noah if you will part with him, any team that a.) feels like a contender if they had a C with some competency. b.) a good team that has a good center that gets hurt and needs a replacement

players with expiring contracts are so easy to move in the modern NBA

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bench stepped up all series . The bench that so many people ripped on. They are quiet now though.

James Jones played great - had one huge game, was solid tonight, everything you could ask out of that guy.

Dellavadova- i mean what can you say? he had 9 assists one game, tonight he LED the team in points, he played solid D, made clutch shots all series.

Jr sMith with clutch shot after clutch shot after clutch shot....he would get hot and carry the team for streaks and ALWAYS had to have defensive attention paid to him

Ya hear people questining the Cavs D now? With those 2 in the starting lineup with Mozgov and LeBron the Cavs can play some real defense. Tristan was the hardest working player in the series next to probably Jimmy Butler who did a job on LeBron better than anyone could have asked. Butler has to be exhausted but still played well on the offensive side.

Tristan is like the heart of the team though. 17 rebounds. in a close out game. on the road. against the bulls front line.

it would suck ass if Love leaves because how amazing ti would be to have Wiggins as a up and ocming perimeter threat- but we have seen that Tristan Thompson is ready to step up and could without a doubt be a starter for this team going forward.

People are quiet?
I can only speak for myself, but watching that Bulls team played actually put me to sleep.

Not taking anything away from the Cavs, but there play wasn't that great.
They'll need to play much better moving forward.

As far as Tristen, I love it.
I hope he takes Gilbert to the cleaners.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls will be back- itll be rough to get rid of Thibs but they will do it and bring ina coach taht will help them get rid of so many of those droughts.

I mean- a frontline of Gasol, Noah, Gibson, Mirotic is very solid- 2 great wings in Rose and Butler...

Chicago is a deep and talented team- Noah has to figure out why he all of a sudden was playingh hot potato with the ball and wouldnt even take a shot. He was seriously terrified of having to take a shot- i dont get it. so strange for him.

Chicago fans have to be encouraged with how Rose played and proved he could have super star playoff games again like he did a couple times in the series

The Hawks are going to present their own challenges- i hope its the Wiz- because the Hawks move the ball very well and shoot very well- 2 things chicago does not do great- and with all the guys dinged up chasing around the Hawks is gonan suck on the defensive end.....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if Love leaves the Cavs could get deeper and find another 3rd option. They would get some more money to play with but they wouldnt be able to sign a max player like Aldridge.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they traded Gibson AND Mirotic together they could get something pretty good -- or instead of Gibson - Noah...then just play McDermont Mirotic's minutes- its not like either play any D-

they need to keep Dunleavy- they need to add shooting, not lose it....to me they need a knock down three point shooter that can reliably hit a 3 - a stretch 4 wouldhelp a lot...but i mean- i guess they think Mirotic is that guy but he played horrible- i mean he is a rookie though

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are quiet?
I can only speak for myself, but watching that Bulls team played actually put me to sleep.

Not taking anything away from the Cavs, but there play wasn't that great.
They'll need to play much better moving forward.

As far as Tristen, I love it.
I hope he takes Gilbert to the cleaners.

Maybe Lebron but the team knocked down shots and player solid defense without Love and Irving. I knew would of thought they would beat Chicago without Love and a hobbled Irving. No way I would think they would be here. If Irving can get healthy they will have chance to get to the Finals without Love, regardless of the East not being great would be a great accomplishment with all said and done.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Love leaves the Cavs could get deeper and find another 3rd option. They would get some more money to play with but they wouldnt be able to sign a max player like Aldridge.
lets hope it doedsnt come to that- but i mean- if they pay Tristan- and he is like EXACTLY What they need in a big man that rebound like a psycho, is never hurt, keeps gettingbetter, etc...I really like Love and his contributions offensively go way beyond his stat line- but with Varejao comingback, and Mozgov, do they need 4 big men? Love/Thompson/Varejao alone will be getting paid like 45 million alone, LOL- thats without Kyire and LeBron even measured in yet...doesnt leave much room for much else- and you really want to bring back shumpert and smith...

If this keeps up if they want to sign and trade love and recoup something that might not be a terrible way to go.....IF Love wants to leave thati s

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
need better 3pt shooters and a center that can still pass but can score a little. we need an up grade from dunleavy. he is a good role player but not a starter. young Deng would of been perfect.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets hope it doedsnt come to that- but i mean- if they pay Tristan- and he is like EXACTLY What they need in a big man that rebound like a psycho, is never hurt, keeps gettingbetter, etc...I really like Love and his contributions offensively go way beyond his stat line- but with Varejao comingback, and Mozgov, do they need 4 big men? Love/Thompson/Varejao alone will be getting paid like 45 million alone, LOL- thats without Kyire and LeBron even measured in yet...doesnt leave much room for much else- and you really want to bring back shumpert and smith...

If this keeps up if they want to sign and trade love and recoup something that might not be a terrible way to go.....IF Love wants to leave thati s

The best option would be bringing back Love, Shump, and JR. But we honestly cant count on Varajeo, it would be fine to bring him off the bench and be an energy guy. He has to know that injuries have caught up and minutes we be reduced.

And if they dont get Love, they would have to pay Thompson, JR, and Shump anyway. So the Bird Rights thing is pretty huge bc they could go over the cap. I hope he comes back and I hope they can win a title this year but that is a crazy though and so far ahead.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs need to find a way, any way, to move varejao. hes making the money that should be for the much younger, more productive, Thompson

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs need to find a way, any way, to move varejao. hes making the money that should be for the much younger, more productive, Thompson

I do agree but when he is on the floor he is definitely worth it. And like I pointed out earlier to reduce his minutes bc of age and injury problems, that means they would pay Thompson a bunch and have Varajeo off the bench making a shit ton. It wouldnt make sense.

LEBRON WILL A HUGE PAY CUT! LOL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is Thompson cant go anywhere

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Lebron but the team knocked down shots and player solid defense without Love and Irving. I knew would of thought they would beat Chicago without Love and a hobbled Irving. No way I would think they would be here. If Irving can get healthy they will have chance to get to the Finals without Love, regardless of the East not being great would be a great accomplishment with all said and done.

The last 6 minutes of 2 nd qtr and first 6 minutes of the 3rd qtr said all you needed to know about this Bulls team.
I mean, I can't say the Cavs didn't do what you are saying, but it really didn't matter.
I don't think there was any combination of Cavs players that wouldn't have won tonight.
The Bulls were really that bad.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. The only thing is the Cavs really might have a big time lux tax penalty next year- but then the cap goes way up and they should be ok.

I mean- they have all these guys bird rights so they COULD bring everyone back- but holy shit-

LeBron like 24
Kyrie 16
Thompson 13 at LEAST
Varejao 10
Love 20
Smith like what? 6 or 7?
Shumpert something similar- say 6
Mozgov makes 5 million
they are gonna use the Haywood deal as a trade exception basically for 10M

thats like over 100 million, LOL....thats FINE too- they can do that for a year or two until the cap goes up in to like 104 or 108 or whatever it is 2 offseasons from now.

Varejao has 2 years on his deal- the third is a team option that works as a haywood like trade chip in that last year...you actually probably could move him considering 10M wont be that much for a solid big man when the cap starts going up....i dunno

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also have Bird Rights on Varajeo but I dont know when his contract ends.

JR has Early Bird rights. No clue what that is.

If it is right they are -4.5 mil in cap but wouldnt they get like $10 mil if they get rid of Haywood or has that passed?

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree but when he is on the floor he is definitely worth it. And like I pointed out earlier to reduce his minutes bc of age and injury problems, that means they would pay Thompson a bunch and have Varajeo off the bench making a shit ton. It wouldnt make sense.

LEBRON WILL A HUGE PAY CUT! LOL

Just don't see how you manage to keep JR, Shump, Thompson, Love and Mozgov with Varejao's contract on the books. He is such a waste of money, sure he is good when he is on the floor, but that is rare. he should be make 5 mil a year. not 10+.

Though, it will not happen Klove should take a contract that is at the same level as Kyrie. LeBron should NOT take the max next year (as he ages he won't be worth it, and if he REALLY wants a title for Cleveland he'd be a fool to take it, and this would be the ultimate opportunity to show how bad he wants to win one for CLE).

Shump and JR should realize this is the best their careers will ever be and take 5-7 mil contacts. Mozgov should be around 5 mil and thompson should get 8-10.

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

So if you are the cavs, which guys is expendable? I'd have to say the easiest to replace are JR and Mozgov.

Really wish we could get out of the varejao contract. that is a dagger to this team's future