• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2nd Round: 3) Portland vs. 2) Denver

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going to give the Ws fits on D. Every player is long, can switch, they have a deep bench. Did a number on the Ws during the regular season (yes the playoffs are different).

I think Ws in 7, should be fun.
I think Toronto would be a bigger concern in the Finals. Siakam has stepped up in a major way for them. Could be dangerous if Lowry plays well too.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easier said than done though. Milwaukee has some other top quality guys but I think they are missing one of their top players?
Actually it's not that hard. The defender will have to pick him up early. Not necessarily double on every play.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both have been clutch. McCollum certainly was tonight. Lillard seems like a leader though and I enjoy listening to him talk basketball as well. He makes a lot of sense. His game seems to improve every year
I don't like Dame at all. And I don't think he's a team player most nights. I feel like if he was a pass first PG vs an iso guard he'd had more success- especially with individual accolades. There's a reason he's only made like one AS team.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it's not that hard. The defender will have to pick him up early. Not necessarily double on every play.
Well, if it was "not that hard" then I think teams would do it and he wouldn't be the probable MVP this year. I think he's gonna be tough to stop. I wonder who will be the guy, assuming they get to the finals, the Warriors assign to guard him

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if it was "not that hard" then I think teams would do it and he wouldn't be the probable MVP this year. I think he's gonna be tough to stop. I wonder who will be the guy, assuming they get to the finals, the Warriors assign to guard him
It's not that hard to guard him as he brings the ball up. Just stay with him. It's when teams allow him to bring the ball up by himself that gets him going.
I'm thinking Iggy, Dray & KD would take turns.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Dame at all. And I don't think he's a team player most nights. I feel like if he was a pass first PG vs an iso guard he'd had more success- especially with individual accolades. There's a reason he's only made like one AS team.
There is, and has been some fierce competition at that position during his career, especially in the West. And playing in Portland where everyone back east has gone to bed by the time his games start doesn't help his All Star chances, which seem to be pretty much a popularity contest anyway.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that hard to guard him as he brings the ball up. Just stay with him. It's when teams allow him to bring the ball up by himself that gets him going.
I'm thinking Iggy, Dray & KD would take turns.
Yeah it would have to be one, or a combination of those guys; perhaps Thompson. I'm still thinking Durant is out for the playoffs. We'll see

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is, and has been some fierce competition at that position during his career, especially in the West. And playing in Portland where everyone back east has gone to bed by the time his games start doesn't help his All Star chances, which seem to be pretty much a popularity contest anyway.
Agreed it's a popularity contest. But Steph is up against the same task in terms of playing in the West.
Point is, there are better guards in the West than Dame.
People said his walk off three was a greatest shot of all time. No. Steph already did that to OKC. lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it would have to be one, or a combination of those guys; perhaps Thompson. I'm still thinking Durant is out for the playoffs. We'll see
KD will be back by the time the Finals roll around. Game 1 isn't until May 30th.
Klay isn't big enough IMO to guard Giannis. But, you could be right...they might try it for a possession or two.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed it's a popularity contest. But Steph is up against the same task in terms of playing in the West.
Point is, there are better guards in the West than Dame.
People said his walk off three was a greatest shot of all time. No. Steph already did that to OKC. lol
That much is true but I still think he's pretty damn good player; lotta teams would love to have him.
I remember that shot against OKC. Curry is the one, in my opinion, who made the shot from 4 or 5 feet beyond the arc a normal shot nowadays. 10 year ago if you pulled that crap, you were headed to the bench.

Reactions: LAD

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Toronto would be a bigger concern in the Finals. Siakam has stepped up in a major way for them. Could be dangerous if Lowry plays well too.

It's all opinions but the Bucks were top 5 in D and O this year (only team to do that) and just handed the Celtics their asses while Toronto had a war with Philly (that they haven't won yet)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD will be back by the time the Finals roll around. Game 1 isn't until May 30th.
Klay isn't big enough IMO to guard Giannis. But, you could be right...they might try it for a possession or two.
Coming up the floor he is. But that's the problem, bigger guys cannot cover him in space. If Thompson got the task of making him work coming up the court, they'd have to switch up once they got up near the arc. The Warriors are fortunate that they have bigs like Durant and Iguodala who can stay with Giannis in space.

Reactions: LAD

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all opinions but the Bucks were top 5 in D and O this year (only team to do that) and just handed the Celtics their asses while Toronto had a war with Philly (that they haven't won yet)
I would much prefer to play Toronto than Milwaukee. Milwaukee is scary.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but Bos has been up & down all season dealing with internal chemistry issues.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There it is. Now it makes sense.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Portland was the better team. Denver wasn't exactly a push over.
Honestly, I thought Portland would've won in 5 or 6 given their experience advantage. But Denver played very well considering their lack of post season experience .