• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #<23 OREGON DUCKS vs Nebraska Cornhuskers 3:30 PM EST ABC

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, did Oregon's lapdog really just say this? :L

No, really. This is what he said? :pound: :lol: :laugh:

I haven't seen anyone else riding the coattails of another team more than this clown. Just entirely hilarious. Fixation should be his middle name.
Are you saying that you have an oral fixation? You seem to be missing the whole point. Let me spell it out. You guys are the biggest fans of whoever happens to be playing the Ducks that week and seem to be more fixated on that than your own team.
There is a commonality between him and most Duck fans. Most Duck fans are Raider Fans too.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe they were referred to as Husker nut swingers earlier
The king of hanging off Oregon says this.

Again, the once proud USC trojan fan is reduced to using Oregon as his weapon against another
Pac team because of how far his own team has fallen. Used to be able to use his own team to burn people, but that ship sailed when Pete left town and now he's all over the ducks jock. :laugh:

And then says the above. :L

Just ironic.

Honestly didn't see any of this game as I had my own to get to, but obviously it was a hard fought game as I saw the score go back and forth and outside of going for 2 on every single score (so damned dumb) I'm not sure if there was anything else glaring, but couldn't have been a bad game. I'll razz OD a bit given his shtick this week, but I'm not even really into giving it to any of the rest of them. Just this tool above that is entirely fixated about Oregon in such a bizarre way.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying that you have an oral fixation? You seem to be missing the whole point. Let me spell it out. You guys are the biggest fans of whoever happens to be playing the Ducks that week and seem to be more fixated on that than your own team.
There is a commonality between him and most Duck fans. Most Duck fans are Raider Fans too.
The ducks have a classy fanbase I respect the ducks. Some fan bases clearly fear the ducks. I think its an inadequacy thing :noidea:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying you don't actually pull for any team UW plays? :L Because you are on an island if that's the case. WSU fans as well. It's called rivalries. I guarantee Bama fans are still fans of whoever is facing Auburn even when they are down. Probably the Vols as well.

College football much?

I might pull for the beavers and a few others depending on who they are playing, but there is no one on this site more on another teams coattails than clarky.

You know I have no ax to grind with you or most duck fans. Just give you all the business as much as we get it back.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying you don't actually pull for any team UW plays? :L Because you are on an island if that's the case. WSU fans as well. It's called rivalries. I guarantee Bama fans are still fans of whoever is facing Auburn even when they are down. Probably the Vols as well.

College football much?

I might pull for the beavers and a few others depending on who they are playing, but there is no one on this site more on another teams coattails than clarky.

You know I have no ax to grind with you or most duck fans. Just give you all the business as much as we get it back.
No. I usually pull for PAC12 teams for the whole SOS thing when we play them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a little of that back when UW was relevant. Still wouldn't against teams like USC which were rivals back then. That's one reason I won't ever do fantasy football. I just can't root for players from other teams. I guess I just figure go out and win your whole slate and take whatever comes. Back then we didn't have a CCG and that hurt us more than SoS stuff. Go undefeated and it's hard not to see a Pac team in the playoffs. One loss and you lost your chance at making it easy on the committee.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't even waste your time responding I can read what's quoted. I didn't obsess the Notre Dame loss or their thread . Not even watching the UCLA game. Rivalries are played on the field not vicariously through others that's fear. You'll get Udubs in a few weeks. Just laugh at the fear and be proud. The ducks played a good game and stepped up the scheduling :suds: night all :suds:

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a big need to expand to at least 8 teams. Power 5 conference winners should be in with 3 At Large teams.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say that I'm rooting for Cal right now. ;)
I'd be cool with them beating Texas, but they aren't a rival. Wouldn't really care if they lost either. Just happy it's a good game.

Oh, and lol again at clarky attempting to talk about others living vicariously through anything. I guess they don't have any real rivalries anymore. He spends so much time following around UW fans everywhere and bringing up Oregon's accomplishments against them that he forgets how to do it with teams that are actually relevant to his. How sad it is to see their once proud team reduced to this level.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't even waste your time responding I can read what's quoted. I didn't obsess the Notre Dame loss or their thread . Not even watching the UCLA game. Rivalries are played on the field not vicariously through others that's fear. You'll get Udubs in a few weeks. Just laugh at the fear and be proud. The ducks played a good game and stepped up the scheduling :suds: night all :suds:

No you can't... and no one expects some guy who just happened to latch on to usc at some point to understand the rivalry thing.

Sleep it off, it must really suck to have to suffer through two favorite teams losing...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a big need to expand to at least 8 teams. Power 5 conference winners should be in with 3 At Large teams.
It took more than a decade of bitching and fighting just to get 4. We were told that was a pipe dream for most of that time. Now they say more than 4 isn't likely and again give some BS reasons why. I agree that 8 makes the most sense with an at large system on top of P5 winners. Just not sure what it's going to take to get us there.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uberly sick about the loss, but what sucks is I now have to root for Nebraska to win so this boosts Oregons SOS.

shit.

Please don't. Just stay away from Nebraska.

Sincerely,

EVERY Husker fan

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took more than a decade of bitching and fighting just to get 4. We were told that was a pipe dream for most of that time. Now they say more than 4 isn't likely and again give some BS reasons why. I agree that 8 makes the most sense with an at large system on top of P5 winners. Just not sure what it's going to take to get us there.
Yeah, won't happen anytime soon, that's for sure.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like my fellow Duck fans very disappointed in Helfrich's 2 point strategy. On board with the first one, but once you gain the 1 point advantage keep it. However I predicted the loss stating that the home team will win the home n home series. Defense showed flashes of normalcy - but 9 wins might be a stretch this year. Good game Huskers good luck rest of the way.