• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

22/23 Broncos Roster

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BHamita

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously, Bolles, Turner and Anderson have the top 3 spots. I prefer him over Compton though...

“I told the guys when (Anderson) went down, ‘Honestly I’ve had more trouble with Quinn sometimes (during practice) than the starters, so I’m glad to see him in there getting his shot, getting his chance,'” Chubb said. “That was fun to see because he’s always out here making (the Broncos’ first-team defense) better each and every day."

BHamita

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have high hopes for these guys...

1. Jonas Griffith - 45 tackles over the last 5 weeks. Not perfect but I thought he showed a ton. He is a freak athlete(9.98 RAS) so you know Paton is in his corner. :)

2. KJ Hamler - I really want to believe that he becomes our Tyler Lockett lite.

3. Tyrie Cleveland - Another RAS star who will definitely make the team based on ST work alone but I really hope he hones his deep ball skills. His or Seth Williams could feasibly make a guy like Tim Patrick trade bait at some point(next offseason?)

4. Michael Ojemudia - I don't have much to back this up. I just like him. Surtain , OJ and Mathis as the future going forward?

5. Billy Turner - The only old dude on the list but...is a good 3-4 year run too much to ask? I really like Turner's potential when he was with Denver several years ago. Could he just be a late bloomer that is actually still getting better?

6. Johnathon Cooper - He is NOT 19 sack Shaquille Barrett but could he be rookie Barrett(6 sacks)?

7. McTelvin Agim - Much like OJ, there isn't much to go by but...can he recreate his Charger's performance all season? If he could, the loss of Shelby Harris won't hurt so much. He better pick it up or one of the rooks will take his spot.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OLB could be a tough rotation to crack barring injury. Chubb and Gregory are going to be the starters. There will be Reed, Bonitto, Cooper, and Browning (supposedly he will spend some time at ILB and OLB). How many OLBs do you keep on the roster, and how many do you have active for game day? A guy like Reed or Cooper might be candidates to be traded toward end of camp. If you can add a 6th or 7th round pick, it would not be the a horrible thing.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't trading Cooper. Unless he falls flat on his face... He showed a ton of upside and potential last year. No way do we trade him... Chubb has one year left on his deal. We need to think about the future.. Cooper is a player for us beyond this year.

Reed is a possibility. We won't get much in return so it will be one of those deals where only if he isn't going to make the team we net a late pick for him.

Now back the the topic.
Quinn Bailey and Calvin Anderson showed us something last year. Be fun to see if they grow anymore this year.

@BHamita As the biggest Tyrie Cleveland fan on earth I hope you are right. I think he has a tough task this year making the roster... He was great on ST's at Florida but hasn't made his impact there yet. He could be more of an opportunity thing then anything with him. He has been in and out of being active for Denver.

WR rotation will be interesting. Life on the line my projection

1. Sutton
2. Jeudy
3. Patrick
4. Hamler
5. Seth Williams
6. Montrell Washington (PR)

That would leave Cleveland off. That 5th spot and return spot is wide open and Cleveland can give a run at both of them. You know I am rooting for him. I am a little surprised that you have pegged him as a sure bet to make the team though. Last year he was cut in camp, then brought off the PS a few different times to fill in.

I think Seth Williams makes a huge step this year... if Cleveland is cut I am not sure he goes back to our PS.

Same with Brett Rypien. After the last two seasons another team trying to sign him off our PS I doubt if we release him this year that he sticks with our situation with other teams interested in him.

Kendall Hinton will be interesting. Last year he was ahead of both Cleveland and Seth Williams but I think he falls behind both this year. I do think Hinton would stick with our PS and not drift elsewhere if we did release him it seems like after the QB hero thing and all that he is sorta a fan favorite and well known guy around the headquarters... Cleveland may not either but I think any guy going into his 3rd year is more likely to explore a little bit thinking he hasn't made much ground with us. REALLY hope he makes the team though.

Personally, I think you have more to go off for your liking of Ojemudia then you may realize. His rookie year he showed a lot of promise early then his tackling was a little iffy mid season and picked it back up late in the year. Last year was a very small sample size but he played very well in the finale vs the Chiefs and was on Tyreek Hill often in that game. We have seem enough moments with him to be excited. Probably me more then others with him playing college football at Iowa but I think there is a lot to go off with what he has shown us in terms of upside. He is very physical and his size/speed and physical tools will be in full bloom this offseason.

I love Agim's motor. He reminds me a little of Demarcus Walker in terms of it seems like the team isn't all that high on him but he has taken advantage of opportunity when he is in the game. Getting pressure on the QB and hustle... These guys are very similar to me at different positions. Great motors, show some things based off hustle when in the lineup but doesn't feel like the team is really "fully" in on them. (In Walker's case they sorta were his 4th year then he got hurt)

Jonas Griffith showed us a lot last year... Another example of why Paton walks on water for me. I wasn't up or down on this trade but it just seemed like a blah trade when we made it... He comes in doesn't do a lot on ST's, gets hurt. Goes on IR.. Comes back and soon gets thrusted into an injury depleted LB core and he leads our teams in tackles with double digit tackles two weeks in a row. Griffith is a big reason why I wasn't on the bandwagon to draft an ILB early like so many were. We had so many guys there last year that played well. Some under contract and some not under contract.

As much as everyone loved Kenny Young he is really an athlete. He makes athletic plays but he also misses a lot. Not really dependable. Great athlete though. Overrated by most Bronco fans but a fun player to watch.. I don't think people realize how many times he missed his gap assignments and tackles last year. This is why guys like Jewell are so important. Not fancy, not exciting to many but WAY more dependable.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dependability on the field is probably what is going to eventually rip my soul apart with Jamar Johnson's NFL future.. It is why he didn't play last year and took a redshirt this year... He had a long ways to grow before the coaches trusted him to know what he is doing and where to be on the field.... I am hoping he gets there this year because his ball skills and range would be a HUGE bonus for this defense.