• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First you need to say what is going to happen in the next couple of years. If he makes a SB every other year, hell yeah they'll pay him. They gave Jimmy G the highest annual salary in NFL history and he stinks.
I don't think they would make him the highest paid player in the game. At all. I think they would say we will give you top 10 money, but he made the same demands Dak will make, then I think they would let him walk. How many QB's have they started the last several years and still been good? They are a great team because of the strength of their roster. Purdy does well, but they recognize that 15-20 guys in this league could drive that train

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying the Cowboys board is 100% agreed that Dallas should let him walk? Because I don't think it is. And there is no middle ground, because any scenario where they keep him without making him the highest paid player in the game is complete fantasy. The club has zero leverage
You have a propensity to take the clearest statement with zero ambiguity and twist it around. That's not what I said. Try reading it again word for word.

"No one that I have seen has said Dak should be the highest paid player"

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they would make him the highest paid player in the game. At all. I think they would say we will give you top 10 money, but he made the same demands Dak will make, then I think they would let him walk. How many QB's have they started the last several years and still been good? They are a great team because of the strength of their roster. Purdy does well, but they recognize that 15-20 guys in this league could drive that train
Making him the highest paid player in the game would have been a different question.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a propensity to take the clearest statement with zero ambiguity and twist it around. That's not what I said. Try reading it again word for word.

"No one that I have seen has said Dak should be the highest paid player"
They only way thats true is if you think Dak will accept less than being the highest paid player on the league. You are just trying to argue something that is plain as day

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Making him the highest paid player in the game would have been a different question.
That's what Dak wants dude!!!! Wake up.
Its like your argument is.."I didn't say I wanted a dozen eggs...I just want 12 eggs" LMAO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They only way thats true is if you think Dak will accept less than being the highest paid player on the league. You are just trying to argue something that is plain as day
Read what I wrote again :L : "No one that I have seen has said Dak should be the highest paid player"
It's not a comment on what may or may not happen. It's a comment on what should happen. Show me were someone on here says Dak SHOULD be the highest paid player in the league. Not that he will or won't be, but that he SHOULD be.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what Dak wants dude!!!! Wake up.
Its like your argument is.."I didn't say I wanted a dozen eggs...I just want 12 eggs" LMAO
It's like you are struggling to follow your own comments

You said: "Here's a Brock Purdy question that kind of pertains to the Cowboys situation...whether you are a proponent of the Cowboys extending 9 or not. If in a couple of years Brock Purdy tells the Niners, hey, I'll take $60 million per season to stay as QB, do you think they give him the money and part ways with some of their other talented players, or keep their roster in tact and just plug in another QB. I know what I think. And I can make the argument that Purdy has been Dak's equal in the regular season and outplayed him in the post season"

Then you came back and brought up being the highest paid player which he wouldn't be in a couple of years at $60M

Now you for some bizarre reason are saying:
That's what Dak wants dude!!!!
As if I even mentioned Dak in my comment answering your question about Purdy. Maybe it's just a language issue

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read what I wrote again :L : "No one that I have seen has said Dak should be the highest paid player"
It's not a comment on what may or may not happen. It's a comment on what should happen. Show me were someone on here says Dak SHOULD be the highest paid player in the league. Not that he will or won't be, but that he SHOULD be.
We are having the stupidest argument ever. Simply put, do you think Dak will accept anything less than being the highest paid player in the league from Dallas?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like you are struggling to follow your own comments

You said: "Here's a Brock Purdy question that kind of pertains to the Cowboys situation...whether you are a proponent of the Cowboys extending 9 or not. If in a couple of years Brock Purdy tells the Niners, hey, I'll take $60 million per season to stay as QB, do you think they give him the money and part ways with some of their other talented players, or keep their roster in tact and just plug in another QB. I know what I think. And I can make the argument that Purdy has been Dak's equal in the regular season and outplayed him in the post season"

Then you came back and brought up being the highest paid player which he wouldn't be in a couple of years at $60M

Now you for some bizarre reason are saying:

As if I even mentioned Dak in my comment answering your question about Purdy. Maybe it's just a language issue
I'll try and slow down for you. SF has a great team with a QB on a rookie deal that plays very well, but it's largely a product of the great team they have. They have continually gone against paying a QB top dollar and often go for rookie deals. I seriously doubt they will blow up their team to sign him to big money, even if they go to another SB.
Dallas has one of the best teams in the league
You are on record, as am i, that Dak is not worth paying $60M/Year. Since that is what he will want, I think walking away is the right call, and the SF model proves it

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are having the stupidest argument ever. Simply put, do you think Dak will accept anything less than being the highest paid player in the league from Dallas?
That isn't what we were discussing and is again a different question. The answer to that question is it depends. Most per year, most total contract amount, guaranteed or not guaranteed? It's not that cut and dried. I don't think he even gets an offer this year. But I'm sure there would be an offer he would accept that doesn't make him the highest paid. Burrow just signed a 5 year $275M contract which is $55M per year. Do I think Dak would accept a 5 year $250M deal that is 100% guaranteed, absolutely. Do I think Dak would accept a 4 year $240M deal with only the first year salary guaranteed, no.

I think Dak will play out the year and sign somewhere (maybe Dallas) next year for less than whatever the highest AAV is at that point and certainly for less than the total $450M total value Mahomes is signed for and also less than the $230M guaranteed Watson received. The only way I can see him getting a contract you can call "the highest" at his age next year is if it is only a one or two year deal or if it has very little (comparatively) guaranteed money

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try and slow down for you. SF has a great team with a QB on a rookie deal that plays very well, but it's largely a product of the great team they have. They have continually gone against paying a QB top dollar and often go for rookie deals. I seriously doubt they will blow up their team to sign him to big money, even if they go to another SB.
Dallas has one of the best teams in the league
You are on record, as am i, that Dak is not worth paying $60M/Year. Since that is what he will want, I think walking away is the right call, and the SF model proves it
SF made Jimmy G the highest paid QB in the league. If they win a SB they aren't letting Purdy go at his age and after what would be a ton of success for such a young player. I don't know if that means the highest paid or not because you are talking two years from now and who knows what the hypothetical landscape will be. Two years from now if he wins a SB will Purdy get $60M per? Yes.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn't what we were discussing and is again a different question. The answer to that question is it depends. Most per year, most total contract amount, guaranteed or not guaranteed? It's not that cut and dried. I don't think he even gets an offer this year. But I'm sure there would be an offer he would accept that doesn't make him the highest paid. Burrow just signed a 5 year $275M contract which is $55M per year. Do I think Dak would accept a 5 year $250M deal that is 100% guaranteed, absolutely. Do I think Dak would accept a 4 year $240M deal with only the first year salary guaranteed, no.

I think Dak will play out the year and sign somewhere (maybe Dallas) next year for less than whatever the highest AAV is at that point and certainly for less than the total $450M total value Mahomes is signed for and also less than the $230M guaranteed Watson received. The only way I can see him getting a contract you can call "the highest" at his age next year is if it is only a one or two year deal or if it has very little (comparatively) guaranteed money
Mercy...
We just disagree dude. Dak made $160 the last 4 years. If he accepts a 6 year deal at $60M per year(the number will be $60M wait and see), that will be $360M for 6 years. That's $520M, which to help you out, is more than the 10 year, $450M Mahomes signed my $70M. But it will be more than that. This deal. If it is with Dallas, won't be 6 years. It will be 3-4 max, so that Dak can be back at the table in a few years and up his deal to $70M per year plus, meaning after 10 years, he will have made $100 Million more than the 10 year, $450 Million deal Mahomes got. If you can't grasp that, we are screwed, because I can't simplify it more than that

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF made Jimmy G the highest paid QB in the league. If they win a SB they aren't letting Purdy go at his age and after what would be a ton of success for such a young player. I don't know if that means the highest paid or not because you are talking two years from now and who knows what the hypothetical landscape will be. Two years from now if he wins a SB will Purdy get $60M per? Yes.
There you go! Say it with your chest. Now we are getting somewhere. We will check back when Purdy comes due and we will see if they make him the league's highest paid player(which is how it works). Nice. Save that post Bro. Well done

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mercy...
We just disagree dude. Dak made $160 the last 4 years. If he accepts a 6 year deal at $60M per year(the number will be $60M wait and see), that will be $360M for 6 years. That's $520M, which to help you out, is more than the 10 year, $450M Mahomes signed my $70M. But it will be more than that. This deal. If it is with Dallas, won't be 6 years. It will be 3-4 max, so that Dak can be back at the table in a few years and up his deal to $70M per year plus, meaning after 10 years, he will have made $100 Million more than the 10 year, $450 Million deal Mahomes got. If you can't grasp that, we are screwed, because I can't simplify it more than that
I need a bigger wall to bang my head against. I can't even follow all the tangents you shoot off onto. Now you are combining two separate deals four years apart and trying to compare them to one 10 year deal :doh:. Of course it's more that way. If you take a chance you will get a second deal it's always going to be more. That's like pretending if we tagged him every year it would be a better contract than Mahomes and make him happy. Logic has no place on a Cowboy board full of agendas

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go! Say it with your chest. Now we are getting somewhere. We will check back when Purdy comes due and we will see if they make him the league's highest paid player(which is how it works). Nice. Save that post Bro. Well done
Don't forget to actually read what I wrote and bring up what I actually wrote and not some bastardized twist of it. I bet you already forgot what I said and just focused on what you wanted me to say, because what you just wrote sure isn't what I said at all

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need a bigger wall to bang my head against. I can't even follow all the tangents you shoot off onto. Now you are combining two separate deals four years apart and trying to compare them to one 10 year deal :doh:. Of course it's more that way. If you take a chance you will get a second deal it's always going to be more. That's like pretending if we tagged him every year it would be a better contract than Mahomes and make him happy. Logic has no place on a Cowboy board full of agendas
So you can't grasp the amount Dak is going to make over a 10 year period by resigning 3 different times as opposed to the 10 year agreement Mahomes signed? No worries. Case closed

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget to actually read what I wrote and bring up what I actually wrote and not some bastardized twist of it. I bet you already forgot what I said and just focused on what you wanted me to say, because what you just wrote sure isn't what I said at all
No man, im glad you finally said something that's real. Happy for you. Much better than your typical blabbering. Bravo

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can't grasp the amount Dak is going to make over a 10 year period by resigning 3 different times as opposed to the 10 year agreement Mahomes signed? No worries. Case closed
When did I say otherwise? you just make shit up and attribute it to me as if I said it. You aren't able to follow a simple discussion. Read what I write.

A 10 year deal up front has more security than a 4 year deal followed by a 4 year deal and 2 more 1 year tags. That's why the latter pays more. Always. Never did I say this wasn't the case. What I said was if we gave Dak Mahomes deal when he signed his 4 year deal he would have taken it. You then twist that into some bizarre scenario that seems to change each time you post about it.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I say otherwise? you just make shit up and attribute it to me as if I said it. You aren't able to follow a simple discussion. Read what I write.

A 10 year deal up front has more security than a 4 year deal followed by a 4 year deal and 2 more 1 year tags. That's why the latter pays more. Always. Never did I say this wasn't the case. What I said was if we gave Dak Mahomes deal when he signed his 4 year deal he would have taken it. You then twist that into some bizarre scenario that seems to change each time you post about it.
Bottom line...you think he would have accepted the Mahomes, team friendly, 10 year $450 million deal and I think you are nuts. Leave it at that

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line...you think he would have accepted the Mahomes, team friendly, 10 year $450 million deal and I think you are nuts. Leave it at that
you think dak says no to half a billion dollars & job security for the rest of his career?

think you are the one that is nuts on this one friend.