• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's sure what it sounded like, but since his dopey Father also said something like "wherever CeeDee is playing" it's hard to tell with these two.

I heard it watching that YouTube guy that does daily Dallas updates. But nothing shocks me with Jerry and Steve.
As much as I like Bland, I just can’t help feeling that he’s a bit like Malcolm Butler who was all that and then some for about a year and a half.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are the Cowboys just gonna take a knee on FA until the draft and then sign veterans to fill what they don't get from their rookie haul? That's kind of bassackwards, it's usually, fill out the needs in FA early and then draft the best talent on your board in the draft. I think Jerry and Stephen just don't give a shit because they know that no matter what they put on the field, there'll be 80,000 paying customers in the stands each week

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are the Cowboys just gonna take a knee on FA until the draft and then sign veterans to fill what they don't get from their rookie haul? That's kind of bassackwards, it's usually, fill out the needs in FA early and then draft the best talent on your board in the draft. I think Jerry and Stephen just don't give a shit because they know that no matter what they put on the field, there'll be 80,000 paying customers in the stands each week
They are going to probably going to extend Cee Dee and sign some guys after the draft. They appear to want a bunch of comp picks next year.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hour is that we move up via trade (players or draft picks) to get a qb....

I don't think we will, but I'm not sold on Dak and never have been. He gets Romo eyes at the wrist times

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What additions do you see to help get over the hump?
Personally, I think we should consider being in rebuild mode.

There wasn't a dingle game this last year that had me falling for the hype that the media was engaged in about the cowboys in general or Dak in particular.

I think we can win with Dak, even the SB, but only with a superior online, a better than average run game, and a more disciplined defense.

I don't want any more splash or flash players on this roster. I want smash, which is where we are woefully lacking.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There wasn't a dingle game this last year that had me falling for the hype that the media was engaged in about the cowboys in general or Dak in particular.

I think we can win with Dak, even the SB, but only with a superior online, a better than average run game, and a more disciplined defense.

I don't want any more splash or flash players on this roster. I want smash, which is where we are woefully lacking.
You make a great point about a more disciplined defense this is why I wanted Zimmer. Zimmer top priority has always been stopping the run.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Change the Braves to Phillies and you would be my sports soul mate. LOL. I agree we need more smash less flash.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change the Braves to Phillies and you would be my sports soul mate. LOL. I agree we need more smash less flash.
I don't really like the idea of moving Smith from LG to LT. I would prefer they draft either a LT or JPJ.

If you drafted JPJ and added a guy like Allen you could run the ball from I formation. I guarantee that SmithJPJ and Martin would open running lanes up the middle. And when Allen gets to the second level he is a battering ram

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOWDY!
NICELY SAID.

got me thinking about how few QB's I've seen that could play above not having this.

Staubach made magical plays at times to win games but he had all this. Aikman made less magic but controlled everything within the plan, and made great decisions. His greatness required greatness around him too.

Big Time In Big Time Moments With Quality Cast Mates.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOWDY!
NICELY SAID.

got me thinking about how few QB's I've seen that could play above not having this.

Staubach made magical plays at times to win games but he had all this. Aikman made less magic but controlled everything within the plan, and made great decisions. His greatness required greatness around him too.

Big Time In Big Time Moments With Quality Cast Mates.
Very true, as with Troy Aikman. However, both were winning Super Bowls when there was no salary cap, or right at the beginning for Troy. Its hard to have all those things nowadays if you are paying the QB 50-60M per year, which is why the formula now seems more like the 1st ballot HOF QB or the QB on a rookie deal with all the shiny toys around him

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true, as with Troy Aikman. However, both were winning Super Bowls when there was no salary cap, or right at the beginning for Troy. Its hard to have all those things nowadays if you are paying the QB 50-60M per year, which is why the formula now seems more like the 1st ballot HOF QB or the QB on a rookie deal with all the shiny toys around him
agree to disagree

Dallas has the flash players with low substance. Aikman and Staubach didn't have those kinda teams.

it's much deeper the just cap money. Romo & Dak like so many other players dash for cash in a sports world where selling their brands trumps team success.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree to disagree

Dallas has the flash players with low substance. Aikman and Staubach didn't have those kinda teams.

it's much deeper the just cap money. Romo & Dak like so many other players dash for cash in a sports world where selling their brands trumps team success.
I don't begrudge a man to make as much money as the market will allow him to make....

At the same time it would be great if that man would take into account, if for no other reason than the possibility of keeping his job longterm, the company for whom he works and the customers who are buying the product he produces.

Right now, we have a top paid foreman who keeps coming up short in getting the job done. Perhaps if he would take a volunteer reduction, he might be able to find some better workers to get the job done.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree to disagree

I agree with you there. I think Staubach and Aikman, if they played today, would want to be paid fairly, but like Patrick Mahomes, would have signed a long term deal that didn't try to squeeze every dollar possible out of the club because they both wanted do badly to win. Which is exactly why I think we can't win one with Dak. He wants to win, but not at the expense of losing a dollar off his bottom line

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first year of the salary cap Aikman was the highest paid player in the league. Now Aikman is the highest paid personality at ESPN.i think we have a tendency to forget our heroes are just like everyone else.