• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 survivor pool strategy

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
used up:
wk 1) WAS (whew!!)
wk 2) DAL
wk 3) KC
wk 4) PHI (whew!!!!)

week 5 thoughts:
- MIA: feel like the whole world is going to be leaning on Miami at home vs Giants, most obvious of the obvious choices this weekend
- DET: Panthers on the road, coming off big win at Lambeau, I like this pivot away from the "slam dunk" Miami game
- BUF: Another game in Europe for Jags, they have the benefit of already being over there, but I still think Bills take this one easily. TLaw hasn't looked all that great this season and BUF D is on fire right now. NFL needs an exciting game after the Falcons boring ass offense was across the pond.

wildcards, no way I'd choose them, but always good to look at non-mainstream options:
- ZONA: hosting Bungles, who looked shell shocked on the road in Nashville this weekend. Zona is surprisingly looking good on offense for the most part so far, at least a lot better than most of the other 1-3/0-4 teams in the NFC. Cincy rolling out a hurt QB as 'their best strategy to win' is....something.
- DEN: hosting Jets, not sure when I'd pull the trigger on Broncos, but Bears and Jets would fit the bill for prime teams to target. Jets and dare I say, Zach Wilson, actually looked decent vs KC and have some really good talent on both sides of the ball to support the Milf Hunter.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd survivor league:
wk 1) BAL
wk 2) DAL
wk 3) SEA
wk 4) SF

prob just gonna take the Miami slam dunk on this one to differentiate from the other pool

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took Vikes in week 4.
For week 5 was feeling cocky (since i have yet to use the juggernauts yet) and was leaning Houston over Atlanta since the Falcons can't score.
Took Fins wk 5.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
used up:
wk 1) WAS (whew!!)
wk 2) DAL
wk 3) KC
wk 4) PHI (whew!!!!)

week 5 thoughts:
- MIA: feel like the whole world is going to be leaning on Miami at home vs Giants, most obvious of the obvious choices this weekend
- DET: Panthers on the road, coming off big win at Lambeau, I like this pivot away from the "slam dunk" Miami game
- BUF: Another game in Europe for Jags, they have the benefit of already being over there, but I still think Bills take this one easily. TLaw hasn't looked all that great this season and BUF D is on fire right now. NFL needs an exciting game after the Falcons boring ass offense was across the pond.

wildcards, no way I'd choose them, but always good to look at non-mainstream options:
- ZONA: hosting Bungles, who looked shell shocked on the road in Nashville this weekend. Zona is surprisingly looking good on offense for the most part so far, at least a lot better than most of the other 1-3/0-4 teams in the NFC. Cincy rolling out a hurt QB as 'their best strategy to win' is....something.
- DEN: hosting Jets, not sure when I'd pull the trigger on Broncos, but Bears and Jets would fit the bill for prime teams to target. Jets and dare I say, Zach Wilson, actually looked decent vs KC and have some really good talent on both sides of the ball to support the Milf Hunter.
Detroit will smash

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is easily Detroit or Miami this week.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my week 6 thoughts and top targets in bold

slam dunks:
- KC on TNF playing at Arrowhead against the Broncos should be a slam dunk. Russ has played KC very well since moving the AFC West, and I try my best to steer clear of divisional games when possible
- BUF hosting Giants, pretty much a safe bet to target the Giants, especially on any road games where that OL play is even more exposed.
- MIA hosting Panthers, another great team to target and follow, imo. Bryce Young is transitioning to the NFL and isn't scoring enough to win games
- PHI plays at the Jets, who I think will find it a bit harder to run so much you hide Zack Wilson like they did vs Broncos
- Others: SF @ CLE, DET @ TB

Darkhorse picks if you've already burned through the top teams:
- CHI playing Minny after they lost Jefferson, coming off 2 hot games...will there be a better time to take the chance on the Bears??
- LV hosting Mac Jones after bottling up GB for most of the night on MNF, Patriots have shown zero ability to play offense these last few weeks but always hard to bet against an all-time HC, even if they look awful this year
- JAX come home to USA and have divisional rival Colts visiting, ETN and Bigsby both had rushing scores in wk1, Richardson is out...but this Indy offense might hum a little better with Minshew Mania taking hold for at least the next 3-4 weeks
- LAR at home vs Cards team that is banged up, Dobbs came crashing back to earth, but so did the Rams vs Philly last week where they couldn't get much going in the 2nd half for the 4th week straight

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re: CHI v MIN and IND v JAX....
I typically stay away from divisional games. And these 2 in particular are "iffy" at best.

BUF coming off a loss and NYG being as bad as they are..... go Toronto Bills!!!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gonna have a busy week so I'm locking them in today

League 1
wk 1) WAS
wk 2) DAL
wk 3) KC
wk 4) PHI
wk 5) DET
wk 6 - BUF

League 2
wk 1) BAL
wk 2) DAL
wk 3) SEA
wk 4) SF
wk 5) MIA
wk 6 - PHI

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn Jets!

I should've taken BUF in league 2 and opened up MIA for league 1 since those were my 2 top plays for the week. hate it when i out-think myself

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn Jets!

I should've taken BUF in league 2 and opened up MIA for league 1 since those were my 2 top plays for the week. hate it when i out-think myself
Rams were the play this week! In my pickem its been decimated. Only 37 entries left. 20 took the bills last week. Fn giants….

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im loving that ive used washington, giants, seattle, chargers, dolphins, rams.

Only used one team with a winning record. But 5 of 6 teams r nfc teams.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down to my last pool, switched from Seattle at home vs Cards to raiders on the road vs T-Bag led bears

:hope:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down to my last pool, switched from Seattle at home vs Cards to raiders on the road vs T-Bag led bears

:hope:

Sad Tb GIF by Hide The Pain Harold

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta be saints today right? 22 of 23 remaining entries have them available though

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Survived last weeks bloodbath. lost 12 last week. 13 entries remain.

Games im looking at.
Lions vs Bears
dolphins v raiders
49ers v bears
bills v jets
LAC vs GB-would go chargers

thoughts?

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i took the Lions over the Bears last week and sweated it out
getting tight here

down to 6 pretty big pot

of the 6 im the only one sitting on Eagles the only one with Bengals as well but the knockout of Burrow took away that advantage