• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 offseason thread

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is their one bullet to fire.

Sucks for Dame that this could drag into the Season.

But, they have to get a good deal.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Very little of substance has happened since the first several days of July free agency. This has been an offseason in th league, especially in the last few weeks, where I’ve seen this league shut down in a way it really hadn’t the last several years. But now, executives with teams are back from vacation, kids have started school. People are back in the offices, players are starting to come in for the start of training camp, working out in the facilities. So there wil be more conversations between the Blazers and prospective teams over the next few weeks than there were certainly over the last few months. This is a deadline-driven league, the next real deadline of any real substance is the start of training camp. And I think you can expect the Blazers to talk with teams again before then but, I think this is an organization that is fully prepared, and I think Damian Lilled is also prepared, for the possibility that this training camp may start with him in camp and then if you’re the Blazers, you wait to see what happens in the first 20 to 25 games of the season, to see what direction teams go in. Teams may become interested who aren’t interested now or teams who are interested now may be willing to give more in trades and it certainly gives you the possibility to construct three-team deals, which is what a Damian Lillard deal might look like

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is pg & Gordon Hayward the only 2 players from the 2010 draft in the league?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,681.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody mad....calling people names....LOL.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is pg & Gordon Hayward the only 2 players from the 2010 draft in the league?
Not many one-and-dones from the HS 2009 class and notable ones couldn’t stay healthy: Wall, Cousins, Favors. Lack of international talent too. Calipari sure caused some hype to be generated for that draft though, his first bumper crop and all.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He almost has no choice. If he acts like a bitch, it just serves to confirm the shit that resulted in him not getting an offer this summer.

Here’s some thing else everybody needs to understand. Ramona Shelbourne Sixers news = almost exclusively the perspective of Joel Embiid and his camp. She’s the person he has made his mouthpiece.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lakers are a better team with him at C.....years later and he still doesn't understand this

I think he understands.

He did say in the regular season.

Playing PF allows him to save wear and tear. Pretty sure he expects to play more C in the playoffs.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,681.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he understands.

Playing PF allows him to save wear and tear. Pretty sure he expects to play more C in the playoffs.
Exactly.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he understands.

I get that but with the construction of the lakers roster, him playing pf is going to take minutes away from a good player while increasing minutes for a not so good player

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is their one bullet to fire.

Sucks for Dame that this could drag into the Season.

But, they have to get a good deal.

Adrian Wojnarowski: Very little of substance has happened since the first several days of July free agency. This has been an offseason in th league, especially in the last few weeks, where I’ve seen this league shut down in a way it really hadn’t the last several years. But now, executives with teams are back from vacation, kids have started school. People are back in the offices, players are starting to come in for the start of training camp, working out in the facilities. So there wil be more conversations between the Blazers and prospective teams over the next few weeks than there were certainly over the last few months. This is a deadline-driven league, the next real deadline of any real substance is the start of training camp. And I think you can expect the Blazers to talk with teams again before then but, I think this is an organization that is fully prepared, and I think Damian Lilled is also prepared, for the possibility that this training camp may start with him in camp and then if you’re the Blazers, you wait to see what happens in the first 20 to 25 games of the season, to see what direction teams go in. Teams may become interested who aren’t interested now or teams who are interested now may be willing to give more in trades and it certainly gives you the possibility to construct three-team deals, which is what a Damian Lillard deal might look like

The heat value herro more than literally the entire league

That’s the hold up of the deal

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, that was 13 years ago....

Duh.

Not every player leave the league after 12 years you freaking idiot

The 2010 draft was pretty fucking bad....LOL.

That's a better point...it was horrible

Not many one-and-dones from the HS 2009 class and notable ones couldn’t stay healthy: Wall, Cousins, Favors. Lack of international talent too. Calipari sure caused some hype to be generated for that draft though, his first bumper crop and all.

Wall and cousins had basically career ending injuries

Larry sanders smoked his way out of the league

I have no idea why favors and Whiteside aren’t on teams as backup bigs

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that but with the construction of the lakers roster, him playing pf is going to take minutes away from a good player while increasing minutes for a not so good player
At this point I’d like to see the guy say one thing publicly, “I’d like to stay healthy for a whole season”. Say what you want in private.