• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Off Season Thread

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flames have a used equipment sale every year and I think the proceeds go to their main charity (Flames foundation).
As @mattola and I have talked about before Canucks/Aquilini tries to bleed revenue from everything. They dont do a used equipment sale. First its an online auction ( I think perhaps a portion goes to Canuck Place charity or the Canucks Autism network ), then whatever doesnt sell ends up in their store for sale. And the prices are only "poverty" pricing for the buyers lol.

I remember going to a game and browsing one of the canucks mini store kiosks on the 300 level and they had a corner with game used equipment that was just thrown in a pile. There was a pair of Luca Sbisas gloves zap strapped together (I wonder if he played with his gloves zap strapped together ... that would make sense :think: ) ... they were $400 (they even had pizza stains on them!)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
As @mattola and I have talked about before Canucks/Aquilini tries to bleed revenue from everything. They dont do a used equipment sale. First its an online auction ( I think perhaps a portion goes to Canuck Place charity or the Canucks Autism network ), then whatever doesnt sell ends up in their store for sale. And the prices are only "poverty" pricing for the buyers lol.

I remember going to a game and browsing one of the canucks mini store kiosks on the 300 level and they had a corner with game used equipment that was just thrown in a pile. There was a pair of Luca Sbisas gloves zap strapped together (I wonder if he played with his gloves zap strapped together ... that would make sense :think: ) ... they were $400 (they even had pizza stains on them!)
yeah, a long time ago they used to be deals.
I got someone's shin pads, and a few sticks, my cousin picked up Mattias Ohlund's skates.
not because OMG, they are celebrity used, but because they were a good deal on high quality stuff.

but now as jstew mentioned, they are being marketed as memorabilia instead of used gear.

as an aside, anyone know where the pro-return sticks go lately? Cyclone Taylor hasn't had any in months.
I went to their sale last weekend, they had 25% off $370 sticks. I'm sure that's a fine deal, but nope.
Looked at the online stores, but i want to feel the lie of the stick before buying it.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as an aside, anyone know where the pro-return sticks go lately? Cyclone Taylor hasn't had any in months.
I went to their sale last weekend, they had 25% off $370 sticks. I'm sure that's a fine deal, but nope.
Looked at the online stores, but i want to feel the lie of the stick before buying it.

I dont know how it works ... if the sticks are actually at the Langley store or they order them in (in 24 hours)

They have a large shooting room in the corner of the store that you can test sticks. I dont know if they let you wear skates on the synthetic surface though. Ive only ever seen people testing in running/athletic shoes.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
guess if you only do a one year deal, it's less likely to have the third consecutive contract bought out.
and in true jerk fashion, the Flyers would be paying him more this year than the Canes

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its still the offseason but I made the mistake of looking at the Preds cap situation. Holy Coyotes, Batman.

$7.9M of cap space for this year, and that includes $4,25M of retained salary, and, $4.5M of buyout charges.

The 13 forward GROUP is only $29.7M, including Forsberg.

And O'Reilly actually said he thought this team could contend????

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its still the offseason but I made the mistake of looking at the Preds cap situation. Holy Coyotes, Batman.

$7.9M of cap space for this year, and that includes $4,25M of retained salary, and, $4.5M of buyout charges.

Well, they finished the regular season with the same number of points as the Panthers who went all the way to the Cup final. Amazing things can happen if you can punch your ticket to the dance.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he meant contend for the amount of money he wanted

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Summer signings are slowing down. With Tarasenko off the board, and ignoring Kane and Toews for various reasons, arguably the biggest name out there is Dumba. I am surprised he hasnt signed yet, what is the consensus view on why?

Right D,, only 29, not a huge points producer. Is he holding out for more money, that he likely wont get now? Wants to play on a contender (none of whom have the cap space to sign him)? At this point I doubt he gets term and money