• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 NE Patriots Draft

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Bill the D was not the issue last year, ya dumb fuck.
Don't worry. He hired Bill O'Brien.

BB is NOT going to build the offense around Mac Jones or do one thing to help him.

BB has been telling us that he wants Mac gone. Find one instance where BB has said, "Mac Jones is our quarterback this year." Find one instance where BB has said his name.

Patriots appear to be looking to draft in the top 5 in 2024 after having $160M to spend in free agency.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mapu B- based on versatility and skill set. Had he been the only player selected at a position not really needed, I would've bumped him up.
Need is a funny thing, if you dramatically upgrade a position then wasn't there a need? Here it seems two groups were upgraded, primary run stoppers and primary pass stoppers. By doing so it helps the run/pass read option response which is very difficult when the strength of each relies on different players.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need is a funny thing, if you dramatically upgrade a position then wasn't there a need? Here it seems two groups were upgraded, primary run stoppers and primary pass stoppers. By doing so it helps the run/pass read option response which is very difficult when the strength of each relies on different players.
I love what I'm seeing, I just think BB could've went offense there.

This is going to be a fast, hard hitting, versatile D. They will be fun to watch.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense over the last 7 games was giving up an average of almost 26 points per game. That isn’t great. Buffalo.. Miami and the Jets now with Rodgers all have very good offenses. The defense has to get better. What WR or OT in the 2nd or 3rd round was going to change our offense? It will be better with BOB calling it. We did slightly improve our offensive talent with free agency.

I loved our 1st pick. The other 2 I didn’t know much about at all. But after watching game play and interviews, I really like all 3 picks. But I do agree that offense needs to be addressed now and hopefully we get some players who can make and help this team.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense over the last 7 games was giving up an average of almost 26 points per game. That isn’t great. Buffalo.. Miami and the Jets now with Rodgers all have very good offenses. The defense has to get better. What WR or OT in the 2nd or 3rd round was going to change our offense? It will be better with BOB calling it. We did slightly improve our offensive talent with free agency.

I loved our 1st pick. The other 2 I didn’t know much about at all. But after watching game play and interviews, I really like all 3 picks. But I do agree that offense needs to be addressed now and hopefully we get some players who can make and help this team.
Unlike other teams, BB puts together game plans for the upcoming season (and projected playoff matchups), without regard for the players currently on the team, then deeply considers drafting to fill the voids between the plans and his personnel.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BB is NOT going to build the offense around Mac Jones or do one thing to help him.

BB has been telling us that he wants Mac gone. Find one instance where BB has said, "Mac Jones is our quarterback this year." Find one instance where BB has said his name.

Patriots appear to be looking to draft in the top 5 in 2024 after having $160M to spend in free agency.
Nice job editing your post you phony fuck....
Here's BB telling everyone Mac is gone....

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats did really well Imo.

At least their first 2 picks

3rd pick I don’t know as much about but stylistically made sense

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There’s also talent left in fa

Could bring Wynn back for like help

Isn’t hardman still available at wr?

I really did think pats would take Washington and use him like gronk…

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He actually just said that Mac was the QB in an article that was posted yesterday I'll see if I can find it when I finish my yard work I suspect we'll see a big push today for offense

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesus H Christ. Stupid take.

Let the draft play itself out for Christs sake.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually just said that Mac was the QB in an article that was posted yesterday I'll see if I can find it when I finish my yard work I suspect we'll see a big push today for offense

There are some good TEs and WRs left that the titans and patriots both need to be looking at.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There’s also talent left in fa

Could bring Wynn back for like help

Isn’t hardman still available at wr?

I really did think pats would take Washington and use him like gronk…
With the 5th pick in the 4th, the top OL and WRs should be available to NE as they are not really needs for CHI, HOU or Indy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the rest of the NFL isn’t as high on Darnel Washington as some guys on here. 5 TE’s already taken.

Make that 6 now
Turns out Darnel has a "knee issue"
Without knowing the exact problem with the knee, hard to comment.
Remember Easley? All world talent and knee bust.

Further info:
Washington had knee surgery to clean up cartilage in his knee. Degenerative?
He had foot injuries before 2021 and 2020 seasons.
His knee was swollen at the combine and flagged during physical exam.
Too many choices at TE for most teams to take the risk.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I will go with a B-

Lets hope round 4 brings some help to the offense.

Will Mapu become a Safety in our system?
Likely a hybrid? He can play all over the field and might be nice for the opposing offense to not be able to predict coverage!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just lost a bunch of much-needed brain cells.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely a hybrid? He can play all over the field and might be nice for the opposing offense to not be able to predict coverage!
Definetly a hybrid.

BB and company will utilize his skills all over the field.

Expect him to make it as a ST player while he learns his new schemes brought in situationally.