• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 NBA Finals: Heat vs. Nuggets

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just gonna drop these off here.....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just gonna drop these off here.....

The last one lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA trivia time.

Christian Braun became only the 5th player ever to win a national title then an NBA title as a rookie. Who were the other four?

Hint. No one recent.

A couple should be easy but the other two are much tougher.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jokic the only player in NBA championship series history to lead the winning team in points, rebounds and assists.
Is this true (or maybe I'm reading it wrong)....pretty sure Lebron led both teams in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks the year we won the title.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not throwing shade because you can only beat the teams put in front of you. At the same time, I don’t think you could ever project a path like this again:
8 seed
4 seed
7 seed
8 seed
Not saying Denver can’t do it again. They absolutely can. But the path will never be easier than the one that fortune gave them this year.
8 and 4 (or 5) no biggie as that is the path of any 1 seed. Probably got a tougher matchup playing 7 LA over 2 Memphis.....but that just means they were aided by a really weak West (woudn't have thought I'd be saying that a few years ago).

Miami probably tougher than most #8 seeds but, true, still an 8.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver was patient.

They had the core two in Jokic and Murray together for a while- and then added MPJ who is in his 4th year.....

They waited for their time- the Warriors fell....no one really took their mantle- some key injuries like Giannis, Durant, Murray---- no dominant team and they were able to win the title.

Boston would make a huge mistake getting rid of Brown for the same reason.

Injuries, luck, development of an unexpected guy--- the status of other teams....it can come together for a team if they give it time and do not panic.

I just hope the Cavs do not panic and do something stupid......even in Mitchell leaves in 2 years you still have the 2 guys in Garland and Mobley...not that i think Mitchell is leaving for a lot of reasons (mostly because of $ and the team will just continue to get better), but you gotta give teams time.

Denver just went 16-4 in the playoffs....and this is hardly a dominant team- but timing and luck was on their side.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver was patient.

They had the core two in Jokic and Murray together for a while- and then added MPJ who is in his 4th year.....

They waited for their time- the Warriors fell....no one really took their mantle- some key injuries like Giannis, Durant, Murray---- no dominant team and they were able to win the title.

Boston would make a huge mistake getting rid of Brown for the same reason.

Injuries, luck, development of an unexpected guy--- the status of other teams....it can come together for a team if they give it time and do not panic.

I just hope the Cavs do not panic and do something stupid......even in Mitchell leaves in 2 years you still have the 2 guys in Garland and Mobley...not that i think Mitchell is leaving for a lot of reasons (mostly because of $ and the team will just continue to get better), but you gotta give teams time.

Denver just went 16-4 in the playoffs....and this is hardly a dominant team- but timing and luck was on their side.
Agree......While I don't think anyone is untouchable for us (maybe Mobley due to upside and contract) and if there's a deal to made they are confident makes us better by breaking up the core 4 I trust the FO. But I wont be bothered if they keep the main guys together and just add a shooter and a backup big (if he can shoot even better).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver & Milwaukee won 2 of the last 3 titles because they drafted a superstar. Small market teams can win titles by hitting in the draft and additional big pieces via trades

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 and 4 (or 5) no biggie as that is the path of any 1 seed. Probably got a tougher matchup playing 7 LA over 2 Memphis.....but that just means they were aided by a really weak West (woudn't have thought I'd be saying that a few years ago).

Miami probably tougher than most #8 seeds but, true, still an 8.
The Lakers had the best record in the NBA post trade deadline meaning they just happened to start the year so terribly they couldn’t make up enough ground to get placed higher. The difference between the 8 seed and the 4 seed was 3 games in the West, and before you say wow I don’t know the West was that weak, the difference between the 5 seed and the 8 seed in the East was 3 games. There was no super team this year, everyone outside of a couple teams at the top were pretty evenly matched.

Same with the Heat, this was a team that only a year ago was the #1 seed in the East and this year beat the number 1 and number 2 seeds to make it to the finals.

On paper it looks like the Nuggets had a weak road to victory but the game isn’t played on paper. Beating the teams they did only look easy if you only look at the seeding and nothing else. People trying to claim it was such an easy road are doing it to downplay Denver’s win not because it was true.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this true (or maybe I'm reading it wrong)....pretty sure Lebron led both teams in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks the year we won the title.
I think this is what is being referred to:
run.
• He became the first player in NBA history to lead the playoffs in total points (600), rebounds (269) and assists (190).

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I’m struggling the most with is that Reggie Jackson has a ring.
That's right! Completely forgot he was on this team