• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free Agents

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thielen would be a nice 3rd WR but he is getting up there in age.

Mmm reportedly he's not interested in a lot of teams and I don't think it makes sense. We've already got an aging receiver in Lockett and if we can improve the interior line a bit more (already done with Brown) and get another RB behind Walker that is reliable along with the tight end group (Dissly is doing pretty good on his recovery - didn't require surgery at least) then I don't think another aging receiver is really needed.

I'd rather have Thielen granted, over the bust that Eskridge is.. but I think some team with a new QB (there will be plenty) will cave and give him 1 year $7-8M, and Seattle simply can't afford that.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad the Penny era ended, all the guy did was get paid to have the best seats in the house …

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks sign Devin Bush to a 1 year deal. We are pretty thin at the natural Linebacker spot with Cody Barton signed elsewhere and Brooks on his long term recovery. I really do see this team signing Bobby Wagner after the draft. I dont think much of Devin Bush I am intrigued that he is young and could change things around but he is definitely a bust.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with Geno and Lock back the chances they take a QB early are almost 0%. Mid round pick sure they might and that's fine because I think there are some good Mid round QB's this draft. QB's capable of being more than just good with development.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far in free agency, to include the Geno contract, I think the FO is doing a very effective job of setting up the draft to go more after value/BPA vs being funneled into picking needs to fill holes. Still some work to do, but the current plan looks pretty good to me.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow $2.25M for Evan Brown is what's reported. What a steal given he can backup both the guard and Center position while providing stiff competition (he was damn good as a backup in Detroit). I am banking on drafting a rookie Center as well so our line at least has a little depth now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks sign Devin Bush to a 1 year deal. We are pretty thin at the natural Linebacker spot with Cody Barton signed elsewhere and Brooks on his long term recovery. I really do see this team signing Bobby Wagner after the draft. I dont think much of Devin Bush I am intrigued that he is young and could change things around but he is definitely a bust.

I hope a change of scenery does him some good. Kid looked like a HOFer in the making in his rookie season, even picked up where he left off for 5 games in his 2nd year, but then suffered the knee injury and was never the same. After he returned healthy in 2021 it was like he avoided contact 80-90% of the time. Honestly I don't think it was so much the injury (physical & mental) as it was his attitude that prevented him from becoming great again. It was like he just lost interest completely & was mailing it in.

If Carrol can find a way to motivate him (which I think he will) then you will find a talented player.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope a change of scenery does him some good. Kid looked like a HOFer in the making in his rookie season, even picked up where he left off for 5 games in his 2nd year, but then suffered the knee injury and was never the same. After he returned healthy in 2021 it was like he avoided contact 80-90% of the time. Honestly I don't think it was so much the injury (physical & mental) as it was his attitude that prevented him from becoming great again. It was like he just lost interest completely & was mailing it in.

If Carrol can find a way to motivate him (which I think he will) then you will find a talented player.

Yah he was a rookie of the year candidate (#3) but Bosa naturally ran away with it. According to PFF he was REALLY bad in year 3 but that was after his injury so he may have not been 100% or was just out of football for a while. He vastly improved last year compared to 2021, so maybe he can keep it up and a change of scenery will help. If we can get Bobby back to mentor him that'd be great. I'd feel much more comfortable with Bush/Wagner on the team to start the season until Brooks can get back and spare Wagner some reps.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He vastly improved last year compared to 2021, so maybe he can keep it up and a change of scenery will help.

?? He did not vastly improve he played about the same as the year before even slightly worse. He played 14 games in 2021 with 70 tackles, 4 PD and 2 sacks, 17 games in 2022 with 81 tackles and only 2PD, thats it.

Lets hope Pete can turn him around but he is a 5 foot 11 Linebacker and we all saw how fast Lofa fell off. Small guys playing big guy style football leads to short careers. Hell Adams is falling off the cliff also, think about it. Bush was a top 10 pick though so lets hope we get something out of him. God knows we need help at linebacker.

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah he was a rookie of the year candidate (#3) but Bosa naturally ran away with it. According to PFF he was REALLY bad in year 3 but that was after his injury so he may have not been 100% or was just out of football for a while. He vastly improved last year compared to 2021, so maybe he can keep it up and a change of scenery will help. If we can get Bobby back to mentor him that'd be great. I'd feel much more comfortable with Bush/Wagner on the team to start the season until Brooks can get back and spare Wagner some reps.
Not sure where you're getting the "vastly improved" part... He had a few games where we thought maybe, just MAYBE, he might be a decent contributor... But other than that he was ass, yet again.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you're getting the "vastly improved" part... He had a few games where we thought maybe, just MAYBE, he might be a decent contributor... But other than that he was ass, yet again.

Shark's going off PFF grades. 58.8 in 2022 compared to 34.4 in 2021.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOOOOO Julian Love signs 2 years $12M!!!! Alright!

I know we have a lot of safeties but if Neal walks and Adams gets injured again (ugh) we're in trouble. The other great thing is Love plays all over the secondary and is versatile... we can use him as a slot corner and hopefully get Coby Bryant lined up in his natural corner position a bit more often. Or we can throw Love at SS, Adams at money linebacker, and Bryant back at nickel on passing downs.

This is a great contingency factor if Diggs/Adams go down again and Love is only 25 and was great last year. IF we can keep Ryan Neal too boot, our secondary should be incredible. Now we just need to hope Mafe improves, and we can continue to bolster the front 7 in the draft.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I can agree he was still not great, below average, but in 2021 he was abysmal. That's all I'm saying. He seemed to get a bit more on track last year. No reason for the Steelers to pick up his fifth year let alone resign him, but if he can get back to his rookie form he'll be a nice asset.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOOOOO Julian Love signs 2 years $12M!!!! Alright!

I know we have a lot of safeties but if Neal walks and Adams gets injured again (ugh) we're in trouble. The other great thing is Love plays all over the secondary and is versatile... we can use him as a slot corner and hopefully get Coby Bryant lined up in his natural corner position a bit more often. Or we can throw Love at SS, Adams at money linebacker, and Bryant back at nickel on passing downs.

This is a great contingency factor if Diggs/Adams go down again and Love is only 25 and was great last year. IF we can keep Ryan Neal too boot, our secondary should be incredible. Now we just need to hope Mafe improves, and we can continue to bolster the front 7 in the draft.

Could also free Seattle up to make Adams a full-time Deone Buchanon style ILB.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could also free Seattle up to make Adams a full-time Deone Buchanon style ILB.

It could yah.... I think Carroll wants to run the 3-4 system with a DT/NT/DE and then 4 linebackers, but one of them is a money linebacker... which is basically what Adams fits the mold of. And if that's the case, then obviously you need someone to play safety. If we do retain Neal that's awesome because Love was a solid nickel corner last year for the Giants, and while Coby IMO should be on the field more (just makes plays/turnovers), it's not his natural position.

I also think Bush may get converted to a money linebacker because he's one of the smaller linebackers in the league but crazy athletic... I think a change of scenery or more non-traditional role that fits his athleticism is something Carroll is entertaining.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is interesting.

Perhaps.. but Love is a great asset in the slot corner position and in the event any of our secondary gets hurt he can fill in. I would also love to see Bryant go back to his natural position as an outside corner.

That said, if Neal stays with us, I would not be shocked to see us post 6/1 cut Adams. We'd eat the $14M anyway next year, but at least we save $9M this year. Neal can perfectly fill the safety role (as he showed last year) and Carroll commented late Feb that Adams is progressing but it's still uncertain whether he'll be ready.

Either way, this gives us a lot of options. I think it will really depend what happens with Neal... If you got rid of Adams (who may be ready to go) and Neal you're pretty thin again at depth for the secondary. If we can retain Neal AND with Love, then pending Adams' health - yah, hard to see much point in keeping him.

Least for now we shored up the secondary and OL. ILB despite the Bush signing is still a GLARING hole.