• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free Agents

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Homer's career numbers look quite a bit better than what he did on the field as a RB. He best play was a fake punt for a 73 yd TD, and he just couldn't run inside really at all. Gets knocked over by a gentle breeze way too often. Dallas has wiggle in the open field and is a little thicker to be able to handle some 1st & 2nd down duty. That's not what Homer gave us. We can find ST guys & backup 3rd down RBs in the draft quite easily.

IDK if I agree with this. They're both similar backs in their style. Neither is really that impressive up the middle, its not like either is a power back. Dallas has 11 broken tackles in 157 career touches, Homer 10 in 135. Dallas did have his best year, but he still put up a career low YAC at 1.6, similar to Homer's 1.7. They're both more change of pace backs than every down backs. Homer's versatility made him more valuable as a 3rd down back, overall.

Honestly, they've been having them fill the same role offensively. Over the last 3 years, they've played similar number of snaps, with Dallas running the ball more, and Homer asked to block more. I would've preferred Homer, but Dallas isn't a free agent and Homer isn't so much needed that I'd cut a player under contract to re-sign the other. We'll see how they fill out the RB room but I still don't want Dallas to be the #2, so I feel they will still need another RB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if I agree with this. They're both similar backs in their style. Neither is really that impressive up the middle, its not like either is a power back. Dallas has 11 broken tackles in 157 career touches, Homer 10 in 135. Dallas did have his best year, but he still put up a career low YAC at 1.6, similar to Homer's 1.7. They're both more change of pace backs than every down backs. Homer's versatility made him more valuable as a 3rd down back, overall.

Honestly, they've been having them fill the same role offensively. Over the last 3 years, they've played similar number of snaps, with Dallas running the ball more, and Homer asked to block more. I would've preferred Homer, but Dallas isn't a free agent and Homer isn't so much needed that I'd cut a player under contract to re-sign the other. We'll see how they fill out the RB room but I still don't want Dallas to be the #2, so I feel they will still need another RB.
Yes need another RB, should be able to land one in about the 5th round and plenty of FA RBs on the market if they end having to go that route.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass coverage wasn't what I've criticized him for... It's always been the inability to shed blocks better, not wrapping up tackles consistently and finding himself out of position more than we normal would see from a starting LB in the NFL...
That is why I’m happy he’s gone…

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D line is already looking better before we even hit the draft ! Loving it …

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jon Rhattigan has been offered an exclusive rights tender from the Seahawks. So, he should be back next year.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I am not advocating for Dallas to be the RB2, but it seems he's been the choice to move up into that role over Homer the last couple years when injuries to Penny and Carson required it. I've mentioned a couple times on this board lately that I think we will draft a RB before the end of round 3, and that sounds more likely after losing Penny and now Homer.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always wanted Neal to start over Adams. In 2020 and 2021 I thought the Hawks defense looked much better with Neal at safety than Adams. Crossing my fingers because I want this guy to come back. He covers better, Tackles just as good and makes big plays better than Adams and lets not forget he can actually CATCH the ball lol.. Tired of seeing 100% INT's turning into facemask DOINKS!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always wanted Neal to start over Adams. In 2020 and 2021 I thought the Hawks defense looked much better with Neal at safety than Adams. Crossing my fingers because I want this guy to come back. He covers better, Tackles just as good and makes big plays better than Adams and lets not forget he can actually CATCH the ball lol.. Tired of seeing 100% INT's turning into facemask DOINKS!
I'd like him back also. Risky only using the original-round tender as some teams have plenty of cap ( Bears have 43 million left).

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Neal and want him back but I think this is a bit over the top. Adams has his flaws. But a lack of big plays is not one of them.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Neal and want him back but I think this is a bit over the top. Adams has his flaws. But a lack of big plays is not one of them.
Yeah, I think some folks here are punishing Adams for injuries by degrading his talent. They are not linked. His value to the team is certainly impacted by his inability to remain healthy, but that has nothing to do with his level of ability. He is considerably more talented than Ryan Neal. He is also much more expensive and sadly not as durable.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Neal (especially if we run a 3-4 with a money linebacker which would almost assuredly be Adams, in fact that was his position I believe when he got injured almost sacking Wilson - in any event you need another SS) but unfortunately with $36M locked up in two safeties this year, there's just no way we can lock up another $5-6M for him (and frankly he may even get more) when we have glaring holes at RB, ILB, and interior line (namely Center). And yes we have 5 draft picks in 3 rounds, but trying to fill all those holes with rookies and expecting them to all pan out is tough... especially if you want to bolster your DL, EDGE, WR group, go QB, etc.

Still, I really hope he stays, and I think we should've used a higher tender on him. I believe if someone offers him we can match, but if we don't we get NO pick given he was a UDFA. Ugh. I think he was worth $3M to be honest (the 2nd round tender). But end of day with the money to Jamal you gotta hope he is healthy next year (he'll be ready to go given his injury was in week 1) and just roll with it. His cap hit is just too big.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Degrading Adams talent? Have you all not seen his rankings? Neal has been better than Adams when on the field and it really wasn't close. THE ONLY thing Adams help us do was get more sacks his first year here and since then nada. He is a over prices waste of space and i 100% want back all the capital we gave up for him Money AND picks.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOOOOOO EVAN BROWN SIGNED WITH US! Reports are a 1 year deal but he was a very serviceable center with Detroit (where their offense was banged up big time last year) and also can play guard for depth reasons. I still wouldn't mind drafting a center, but this was a HUGE hole we had to fill ASAP. Best center left on the market.

My grade will range anywhere from a B to an A+ pending amount (if it really is a 1 year contract). 26, versatile, and lots of upside. ZERO reason he can't start this year at center.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOOOOOO EVAN BROWN SIGNED WITH US! Reports are a 1 year deal but he was a very serviceable center with Detroit (where their offense was banged up big time last year) and also can play guard for depth reasons. I still wouldn't mind drafting a center, but this was a HUGE hole we had to fill ASAP. Best center left on the market.

My grade will range anywhere from a B to an A+ pending amount (if it really is a 1 year contract). 26, versatile, and lots of upside. ZERO reason he can't start this year at center.
You beat me to it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You beat me to it.

He was a backup the last two years but he played pretty well at guard and center when he filled in. Lions had a pretty good OL but no reason we can't expect Lucas/Cross to improve and both were above average last year - and Lewis is fine if healthy.

Either way, I was majorly concerned about Center (because Hunt is all that's on the roster lol) and at least this gives us SOMETHING. Or if we sign a rookie it gives us depth across the guard/center which is thin. Curhan/Forsythe are decent OT backups IMO.

ALL depends on the contract grade... this could range anywhere from a B to an A+ given I've heard it's a 1 year deal (I generally never put 1 year deals in a C range - especially for a 26 year old player who has shown some great starting ability - 700+ snaps each year over last two seasons).

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thielen would be a nice 3rd WR but he is getting up there in age.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thielen would be a nice 3rd WR but he is getting up there in age.
I was thinking the same thing about the fit, though he would probably have to be able to play the slot and not sure if that's his gig. Wondering about what kind of look Dareke Young might get for WR3 in camp.