• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2022 NHL Trade Deadline

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the trade should be voided but Anaheim gets to keep the second rounder from Vegas and gets Ottawa’s first rounder as compensation for having to take Kesler back.

/and send a recapture penalty Vancouvers way just for the hell of it

I think the trade will be voided which will make things interesting for Vegas as far as the cap is concerned.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I think the trade will be voided which will make things interesting for Vegas as far as the cap is concerned.
unless someone develops a skin rash, they might need to trade a player.
Of course, that player will not be allowed to be in the lineup for the new team for the rest of the season.

so, right in the Coyotes' strikezone.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rules on napkins league - Remember, this is a league that penalizes teams for violating the "spirit" of the cap, not actually breaking any cap contract rules laid out in the CBA.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the trade should be voided but Anaheim gets to keep the second rounder from Vegas and gets Ottawa’s first rounder as compensation for having to take Kesler back.

/and send a recapture penalty Vancouvers way just for the hell of it
1648080745784.jpeg

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
unless someone develops a skin rash, they might need to trade a player.
Of course, that player will not be allowed to be in the lineup for the new team for the rest of the season.

so, right in the Coyotes' strikezone.

2. Not sure Vegas will be as interested in Bryan Little’s contract (or Shea Weber’s) as it was in Ryan Kesler’s. Kesler is in the final year of his contract, and, if you can, you want to avoid being in LTIR for a long time. Little has two more years and Weber four. But, if the Knights want to bribe someone to acquire Dadonov to activate, say, Alec Martinez, there will be interest. Arizona will make itself available, assuming the Coyotes are not blocked from trading for him.

what a trashcan of a franchise.

19. There was definitely interest in Phil Kessel, but retaining on Johan Larsson meant the Coyotes reached their limit of three salary retentions (Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Darcy Kuemper). Was very difficult for teams to take his full cap hit.