• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Free Agency

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not a sexy pic but you gotta have that LT position locked down … If I’m not mistaken Pete took at LT his first year as coach, Okung at number 4 then Earl at 14 I believe … Okung did good enough, held it down …
Do you think there's a Russell Okung in this draft? If we can find a guy of that caliber we'll be set for the next 10 years. Here's hoping

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we’re keeping Penny for at least 1 more year … Decent move, not high risk .. I don’t have faith in that guy to stay on the field though, no surprise if he goes down …

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we’re keeping Penny for at least 1 more year … Decent move, not high risk .. I don’t have faith in that guy to stay on the field though, no surprise if he goes down …
Did you watch the final 5 games of the season last year? He played pretty damn well if I may say so. Hence the reason why we brought him back on a 1 year deal.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is a ridiculous overpay for penny, good grief
A little bit of an over pay but the FO can go in a different direction in the draft. What was our worry Snugs? FO drafting a RB with an early pick and now that is no longer the case. I'm fine with this slight over pay.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the final 5 games of the season last year? He played pretty damn well if I may say so. Hence the reason why we brought him back on a 1 year deal.
I'm good with the slight over pay and not using a high draft pick on a RB but he wasn't getting that amount anywhere with his injury history.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with the slight over pay and not using a high draft pick on a RB but he wasn't getting that amount anywhere with his injury history.
Oh no of course not. He's gonna have a chip on his shoulder to go out and prove that the last 5 games were not a fluke. I'll be rooting for Penny all season long.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without seeing the money, A (or A- or A+) signing.

1 year deal, minimal risk, Seattle can easily afford it. This will be Penny's last chance to get a larger contract. 1 year prove it deals often work out. I can't officially grade this because I don't know the money, but it'll be in the A range because it's 1 year and Penny knows the system/coaching staff. Seattle sticks to the 1-2 year approach of contracts making them WIDE OPEN in 2024 for an 'all in' season.

That said, this has potential to turn into a C-F grade contract. If Penny has a productive year and Seattle locks him up with big money in 2023, this could easily be an issue. Penny has major injury issues and was most productive in 2021 against poor rush defenses. Seattle also seems to be invested in signing Trenton Brown and linked to the number of OTs in the draft off the left side. If that's the case, Penny's value is diminished but Seattle's FO may get glitter eyes.

EDIT: $5.75M with up to $6.5M in incentives. OOOF. I didn't expect that much, but he's being asked to be a premiere back. I'll keep it at an A-. It's not a bargain by any means and the 1 year prove it deal is not as good as I thought it'd be. Still, it allows us to focus on LT, CB, LB, QB in the draft.

Last edited:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no of course not. He's gonna have a chip on his shoulder to go out and prove that the last 5 games were not a fluke. I'll be rooting for Penny all season long.
Just have to stay healthy. I'm rooting for the kid as well cause it sucks being snake bitten with injuries.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little bit of an over pay but the FO can go in a different direction in the draft. What was our worry Snugs? FO drafting a RB with an early pick and now that is no longer the case. I'm fine with this slight over pay.

I think they still take at least 1 rb in the draft. I just want nothing to do with penny. Even if he performs and stays healthy for the year, giving him a long term big money deal is a huge risk.

Rb's can be had easily and cycled through, i dont think any team should payout for one.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the final 5 games of the season last year? He played pretty damn well if I may say so. Hence the reason why we brought him back on a 1 year deal

Watched every snap like always, I get he played well down the stretch, but that’s the only time in 4 years he showed any consistency not getting injured… He’s been a bust so far, and I absolutely won’t be surprised if he misses half the season next year … If he can stay healthy he’s a talent, but that’s a big IF !

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they still take at least 1 rb in the draft. I just want nothing to do with penny. Even if he performs and stays healthy for the year, giving him a long term big money deal is a huge risk.

Rb's can be had easily and cycled through, i dont think any team should payout for one.
At what point would you want us to take a RB in this year's draft?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched every snap like always, I get he played well down the stretch, but that’s the only time in 4 years he showed any consistency not getting injured… He’s been a bust so far, and I absolutely won’t be surprised if he misses half the season next year … If he can stay healthy he’s a talent, but that’s a big IF !

He is soft, lacks toughness and is a finesse back. Theres some questions as to whether he was really too injured to play and ive seen it claimed that bringing in peterson helped change his tune a bit

Or maybe he saw his career ending and finally stepped up. Which makes me wonder if he will perform and play through injuries for one year and then cash out once he gets a big pay day

There should be a few good ones that fit what we want to do round 4 or later.

Penny is really a luxury player, we dont need a home run hitter we need a tough runner that can run inside the tackles. That so far has been penny's weakness

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is soft, lacks toughness and is a finesse back. Theres some questions as to whether he was really too injured to play and ive seen it claimed that bringing in peterson helped change his tune a bit

Or maybe he saw his career ending and finally stepped up. Which makes me wonder if he will perform and play through injuries for one year and then cash out once he gets a big pay day
It all depends on his conditioning. If he works out in camp that very well might solve his injury concerns.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

3rd or 4th. I wouldn't mind RB with those picks.

I'll stand by my A- to A+ grade signing (I'll give it an A-, it's not a bargain contract), but Penny:

a) Has been injury prone,
b) Is 4 years in,
c) Played against poor rush defenses in the second half of the season.

That said,

a) We spent a 1st rounder on him,
b) He knows the offense and coaching style,
c) Bounces good outside tackle running and we are trying to sign Brown and possibly looking at Cross.
d) Have tons of cap room this year and this is not impacting other moves,
e) One year prove it deal on a RB who arguably have the most to prove/gain prior to their < 30 year old expiration,

So yah, I'm fine with it. 1 year prove it deals generally are bread and butter in the NFL. This is no different.

As for Penny's talent? It's there... just needs to stay healthy? If he doesn't? I wouldn't mind a mid round draft RB pick.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the FO drafts one it'll be late rounds so I'm fine with that. I know Penny is a red flag but I'd rather have it this way then spend a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd or 4th. I wouldn't mind RB with those picks.

I'll stand by my A- to A+ grade signing (I'll give it an A-, it's not a bargain contract), but Penny:

a) Has been injury prone,
b) Is 4 years in,
c) Played against poor rush defenses in the second half of the season.

That said,

a) We spent a 1st rounder on him,
b) He knows the offense and coaching style,
c) Bounces good outside tackle running and we are trying to sign Brown and possibly looking at Cross.
d) Have tons of cap room this year and this is not impacting other moves,
e) One year prove it deal on a RB who arguably have the most to prove/gain prior to their < 30 year old expiration,

So yah, I'm fine with it. 1 year prove it deals generally are bread and butter in the NFL. This is no different.

As for Penny's talent? It's there... just needs to stay healthy? If he doesn't? I wouldn't mind a mid round draft RB pick.
There's a lot of upside to bringing back Penny. Let's try looking at the positives of this move rather than focusing on the negative

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot of upside to bringing back Penny. Let's try looking at the positives of this move rather than focusing on the negative

Racer... I just gave him an A- to A+ grade before the trade and finalized it to an A- grade...

Calm yourself. I am positive about this.