• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Draft stuff

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont like this pick. It’s a big need so I’m not going to bitch but the only guy I really didn’t want that I heard talked about. Just too many better players (IMO only of course) on the board
I had him as a potential target, prefered we traded back a little for him though.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Non Power 5 reach at 24 based on talking heads. Young kid with potential but don’t like kids this high who did not go up against tough competition. Iowa Center was most talented but position flex won over. We picked Travis once a bit early. Did not think lightening would strike twice in the same spot. Two players many think are better chosen right after our pick. Only time will telll.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of this pick. Certainly potential. His technique is brutal . He needs to be coached up or he will be more penalized than connor William's. I would have taken Devin Lloyd over him or even wyatt. Cowboys need to trade up in the 2nd round to try and salvage this draft. This pick pisses me off more than any pick in quite awhile. Not going to lie. Devin Loyd would have been my pick. Yeah I see the potential and if they coached Steele up they could coach him up. If you watch the film his arms never extend. Maybe he contributes in the future . I give the JonesS a middle finger for this offseason so far . It almost seems like they are in tank mode

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had him as a potential target, prefered we traded back a little for him though.
Hopefully he’ll be a better Guard than a Tackle. Cleaning up the penalties step #1. Staying healthy step #2. He’s a bit of a mauler so maybe we put him at LG and he surprises.

I’m just hoping to hear it was a McClay pick and not a Jerry pick and also that he was the guy they wanted and not just the next OL on the board. We all saw how that turned out with Taco when they decided they were going position regardless of who was there.

We know they had a 2nd round grade on him. I’m hoping they had no first round grades left but it’s hard to think that with a couple of the guys that were sitting there.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully he’ll be a better Guard than a Tackle. Cleaning up the penalties step #1. Staying healthy step #2. He’s a bit of a mauler so maybe we put him at LG and he surprises.

I’m just hoping to hear it was a McClay pick and not a Jerry pick and also that he was the guy they wanted and not just the next OL on the board. We all saw how that turned out with Taco when they decided they were going position regardless of who was there.

We know they had a 2nd round grade on him. I’m hoping they had no first round grades left but it’s hard to think that with a couple of the guys that were sitting there.
While I don't like the pick much,this could work out well. This kid is larger than Connor William's and much stronger.. as a cowboys fan got to root for him. If they clean up his technique he potential will be dominant. My initial reaction to this pick was similar to when Frederick was picked. I did see a few mocks that had him going in the 1st round.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, like I said he wasn't my first not 2nd or 3rd either, but he was one I would be OK with.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he turns out to be a great player, but I hate the pick. I think Lloyd or Dean would have been great day 1. I think Johnson would have been a production upgrade over Gregory. I think Linderbaum would have given is what we lost in Fredrick. Instead we took a project with great physical traits. Looking forward to seeing him prove me wrong

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wrong about LVE, Morris Claiborne, Dez Bryant, Parsons....etc. I've learned my lesson from 25+ years of watching drafts. Yeah I'm just gonna sit this one out and pray to the football gods that he's another Parsons.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue at the time was they took position of need with blinders on because they shit the bed in free agency even though they had much higher rated players on the board and that this was a Jerry/Stephen move forcing a position and not a McClay move. Anyone who knows me knows this drives me nuts (Taco, Trysten Hill, etc) - always take the better player unless the player at the position of need is very close in ratings. I just saw that they said they had him as #16 on their board (I guess they only had 15 first round grades because it leaked he was a 2nd on their board). If this is true and I guess I have to believe it is, AND they are planning on playing him at LG I'll be happy with this. It still wouldn't be my move if I were deciding with the other players on board, but I'm OK with it if they think he can play Guard and is a potential starter there this year.

Maybe we find a way to get Dean in the 2nd round. I actually like him better than Quay Walker. I'd also love Booth, the DE from Penn St and the DT from Conn. But I'd be surprised if any fell that far and think we'd need to trade up. Maybe the kid from UConn falls.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proposing we add a thread to keep track of strictly draft related content, news, opinion and speculation. Of course add everyone's mock drafts, pet cats they wish become 'Boys and dudes we hope don't fall into enemy territory.

I'll start by adding my 2 cents that I sure hope we grab an O lineman at 24. Our D was good enough once we got guys healthy. Problem was our offense more often down the stretch. Anyone with a decent set of D tackles wrecked us. Adding youth and beef to the line will help the run game get back off the ground. The draft is deep at CB, DE/edge and WRs, so my reasoning takes into consideration that those positions can slide down the list a little in this draft.
Well, blame me for taking this guy. DE/edge and WRs are still a plenty. I'll now sit quiet in the back of the bus.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the Cowboys did try to trade down but got no takers. they wemt down to about 1 minute left before they sent in their pick
They said they decided to make the move instead of a trade they were offered. According to them (take that for what it is worth) they had 3 teams interested in trading with them and one of those teams told them afterwards that they were going to take Smith if the trade had gone through. I don't believe anything Jerry and Stephen say, but who knows.

On trading, my thoughts are you NEVER trade down because you think the player is a good choice at 30, but not 24. That's fans reading meaningless mock drafts speaking. If you like a player, just take him. Fans read mocks and think player x should be slotted at such and such pick. Trade down because you don't have a player you like or you trade down 6 spots and like 7 players about the same. This idea of he'd be great at 30, but not 24 was something I always thought was kind of dumb.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we do need to go Guard!
Was somewhat joking after the Davis pick by Philly, but a lot of good DTs in the NFCE. Even if this kid turns out to be a good LG I'm still worried about Biadasz. He was, IMO, no better than Williams. These big DTs pushed him all over the place.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said they decided to make the move instead of a trade they were offered. According to them (take that for what it is worth) they had 3 teams interested in trading with them and one of those teams told them afterwards that they were going to take Smith if the trade had gone through. I don't believe anything Jerry and Stephen say, but who knows.

On trading, my thoughts are you NEVER trade down because you think the player is a good choice at 30, but not 24. That's fans reading meaningless mock drafts speaking. If you like a player, just take him. Fans read mocks and think player x should be slotted at such and such pick. Trade down because you don't have a player you like or you trade down 6 spots and like 7 players about the same. This idea of he'd be great at 30, but not 24 was something I always thought was kind of dumb.
Looks like the Jets were one of the teams looking to get our pick

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest issue at the time was they took position of need with blinders on because they shit the bed in free agency even though they had much higher rated players on the board and that this was a Jerry/Stephen move forcing a position and not a McClay move. Anyone who knows me knows this drives me nuts (Taco, Trysten Hill, etc) - always take the better player unless the player at the position of need is very close in ratings. I just saw that they said they had him as #16 on their board (I guess they only had 15 first round grades because it leaked he was a 2nd on their board). If this is true and I guess I have to believe it is, AND they are planning on playing him at LG I'll be happy with this. It still wouldn't be my move if I were deciding with the other players on board, but I'm OK with it if they think he can play Guard and is a potential starter there this year.

Maybe we find a way to get Dean in the 2nd round. I actually like him better than Quay Walker. I'd also love Booth, the DE from Penn St and the DT from Conn. But I'd be surprised if any fell that far and think we'd need to trade up. Maybe the kid from UConn falls.
That's a good point. Most years, the Cowboys fill their needs in FA to the point that they can go play football with whoever they draft. They didn't do that this year. We lost Gregory, Collins, Cooper, Williams and Wilson. James Washington won't even cover up Wilson IMO. Gallup looks like he will be out to start the season. They have a hole at guard and had to fill it, and I'm guessing they try and get a WR today. I think we still have the best team in the NFCE, but the gap looks like it closed a lot last night

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dean is a baller. Georgia players are so hard to judge because all of them are great and share the recognition. I can remember watching them towards the end of the season and Dean was up for all the Defensive awards. They showed his numbers and I was like how is he up for the award. None of them had great numbers. They have another LB that will probably go today named Tindall.