• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 College Football season thread (AKA: What the beginning of the end looks like)

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 5- Top 10 Games

Sometimes I wonder what the f--k is going on with our government. We start discussing about debt relief, the next we're yelling about-
Okay, okay. I know, that topic is for a more serious thread. Let's just get to...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2021 (Week 5)

(All times are Eastern)
10. Michigan @ Wisconsin [12:00, FOX] (There was an absurd number of choices for this spot on the list, but the game in Madison gets the nod. Why? I guess because people are skeptical of Michigan. I mean, LOOK! Despite being 1-2, Wisconsin is a favorite at home against the 4-0 Wolverines. Maybe it's because Michigan wasn't too dominant last week, or maybe because Wisconsin's defense is actually pretty good. Anyway, I'm dying to see if the Badgers offense can step up too.)

9. Arizona State @ UCLA [10:30, FOX Sports 1] (CFB people have almost forgotten about this contest. Such a shame; they'll miss a good one when Arizona State battles the ranked Bruins for early control of the PAC-12 South. UCLA's secondary will be the key; can it finally stop giving up yards through the air?)

8. Oregon @ Stanford [3:30, ABC] (I know that Stanford will be trying to shrug off their loss to UCLA and shock Oregon. But to me, this game is all about the Ducks. Will they underestimate the Cardinal and stumble on the road, or will they stay focused on the prize and silence the Stanford passing game long enough to win?)

7. Florida @ Kentucky [6:00, ESPN] (Coach Dan Mullen has been praising his team's accountability for Florida's improvements this year. That's all well and good, but are they ready for this trip to Lexington? I mean, Kentucky is a quiet 4-0 and already has 2 wins in the SEC. And if their rushing defense holds firm, the Gators will be in for a dogfight.)

6. Auburn @ LSU [9:00, ESPN] (With Georgia/Arkansas and Ole Miss/Alabama taking all the headlines, this rivalry game has taken a backseat. Oh well, LSU and Auburn are still raring to go at each other. And if LSU gets their running game going, I think they'll avenge that 48-11 embarrassment Auburn inflicted on them last year.)

5. Baylor @ Oklahoma State [7:30, ESPN2] (Just a couple of 4-0 teams off big wins, playing in Stillwater, hanging out. The Cowboys looked great against K-State, but their offense still didn't look too explosive. Can they keep up with the high-flying Bears?)

4. Iowa @ Maryland [8:00 tomorrow, FOX Sports 1] (Easily the sleeper game of the week. Iowa is still in the Top 5, but they looked a little sleepy last week against Colorado State. Plus, Maryland's offense [and their QB Taulia Tagovailoa] has been looking awesome. Will Iowa wake up and stop the Terrapins, or are we in for one of Maryland's biggest wins ever?)

3. Ole Miss @ Alabama [3:30, CBS] (Oh boy. You know how I am with big games in Tuscaloosa. I'm sure that Lane Kiffin and his offense are raring to go, but I just know that Alabama will be ready to steamroll the Rebels and move on. Oh well, I'm sure that a lot of points will be scored [the over/under on this game is pushing 80!].)

2. Arkansas @ Georgia [12:00, ESPN] (Arkansas has earned it's way back into the national discussion after beating Texas and Texas A&M this season. But now you're expecting them to be a Top 10 team and go against a Georgia team whose defense is freaking amazing? Are we asking too much, too soon? Or can Arkansas's balanced offense give Georgia a REAL challenge?)

1. Cincinnati @ Notre Dame [2:30, NBC] (How did this game hold off the entire SEC slate and become the #1 game of the week? Simple. This one has Brian Kelly playing his former school for the very first time, and it has playoff implications to boot. If the Irish defeats Cincinnati, then it's just another quality win for them. But if Cincinnati wins...
That would open up a can of worms. That would make the Bearcats a legit playoff contender. And it would put the whole CFB nation on notice. THAT'S why this game is #1.)

Game with the best chance to be a bust: Indiana @ Penn State (It's a big honor for the Hoosiers, playing on prime-time against Penn State. But Indiana has NEVER won at "Happy Valley", and I don't see that happening this year either.)
Honorable mentions for the Top 10: Washington @ Oregon State, Duke @ North Carolina, Boston College @ Clemson, Texas @ TCU, Louisville @ Wake Forest, and Oklahoma @ Kansas State.

TOLD you that there was an absurd amount of good games this week. My prediction segment is next!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 5 Predictions

This season can't get any zanier... or CAN it? Let's see with my latest round of predictions:

Top 25:
(12)Ole Miss 38 @ (1)Alabama 45
(8)Arkansas 20 @ (2)Georgia 37
(3)Oregon 40
@ Stanford 24
Indiana 17 @ (4)Penn State 37
(5)Iowa 24 @ Maryland 31
(6)Oklahoma 47
@ Kansas State 23
(7)Cincinnati 27 @ (9)Notre Dame 34
(10)Florida 32
@ Kentucky 21
(11)Ohio State 42 @ Rutgers 20
(13)BYU 30 @ Utah State 17
(14)Michigan 20 @ Wisconsin 21
Mississippi State 21 @ (15)Texas A&M 24
UL-Monroe 13 @ (16)Coastal Carolina 50
Western Kentucky 18 @ (17)Michigan State 31
(18)Fresno State 42
@ Hawaii 28
(21)Baylor 45 @ (19)Oklahoma State 41
Arizona State 20 @ (20)UCLA 27
(22)Auburn 24 @ LSU 28
Louisiana Tech 14 @ (23)NC State 24
Louisville 39
@ (24)Wake Forest 34
Boston College 17 @ (25)Clemson 21

Other big games:
Texas 34
@ TCU 28
Syracuse 17 @ Florida State 21
Washington 31
@ Oregon State 24

My time's up. You've been great. Enjoy the new "Nick Cannon" show.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 6- Top 10 Games

In honor of the great fall weather outside, I'll try to make this one quickly. Yes, it's time for...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2021 (Week 6)

(All times are Eastern)
10. Alabama @ Texas A&M [8:00, CBS] (This is the game that A&M had circled on their calendar during spring and summer practices. It's the chance for them to show that despite losing Kellen Mond, their defense and their team spirit can get them to conquer mighty Alabama. So why is this game so low on the list? Because they have lost 2 straight, mostly because of their poor offense. Here's hoping that the Aggies passing attack can wake up here.)

9. LSU @ Kentucky [7:30, SEC Network] (Yes. I too am shocked that a Kentucky home game is higher on this list than a Alabama road game. Well, you can thank Kentucky's new offense for that; a new balanced attack led the Wildcats to an upset win over Florida last week. Now they're looking to surprise people again by winning against LSU. As for the Tigers, we all know that their running game sucks. Can Coach Orgeron and his staff get it going, or will they just have to try to outshoot the Wildcats?)

8. Michigan @ Nebraska [7:30, ABC] (The sleeper game of the week. I'm now starting to buy into Michigan this year, thanks to their win in Madison last week. Let's see if the Wolverines can get another road win, this time against a Nebraska team that MIGHT have finally figured things out under Scott Frost and his offense.)

7. Temple @ Cincinnati [7:00 tomorrow, ESPN] (ESPN has a hell of a doubleheader lined up for us tomorrow night. First, it'll be this game in the AAC as Cincinnati tries to avoid a letdown after that HUGE win over Notre Dame that they just collected. Yet Temple won't be a pushover; they've defeated Memphis last week. Is a monster upset brewing?)

6. Stanford @ Arizona State [10:30 tomorrow, ESPN] (Then in the nightcap, we have this PAC-12 matchup. Both Stanford [over Oregon] and Arizona State [over UCLA] are off big wins, and they're just looking to keep the good times going. Yet despite beating Oregon, Stanford's defense still doesn't look so good. Can they shore it up in this big road game?)

5. Ole Miss @ Arkansas [12:00, ESPN] (This SEC game is actually pretty easy to explain. Both Ole Miss and Arkansas had big chances to shake up the AP rankings against Alabama and Georgia [respectfully], but they both failed. Badly. And now these two rivals will face each other. Now we just wait and see who can get up and recover.)

4. Notre Dame @ Virginia Tech [7:30, ACC Network] (Now we'll see the fallout from Notre Dame's failure to defeat Cincinnati. They now go from a main-event game at home to a raucous crowd in Lane Stadium for a game that's basically a "pick-em" [the Irish are only a 1-point favorite here]. The key here will be the Hokies' offense; it's had 2 weeks to prep for this game, and I'm dying to see how well QB Braxton Burmeiser can attack the Irish secondary.)

3. Oklahoma vs. Texas [From the Cotton Bowl in Dallas] {12:00, ABC} (Wait. "College Gameday" is gonna be at this game, and not Penn State/Iowa? Are you serious?! These guys shy away from a Top 5 showdown for a 3-hour SEC/Big 12 debate? Hmmm...
Anyway, if you ignore the politics, this looks to be yet another classic in this series. The running games for BOTH teams could be the deciding factor.)

2. Georgia @ Auburn [3:30, CBS] (New opponent for Georgia, same question: Can THIS opponent give Georgia's awesome defense a challenge? Considering that Georgia is visiting their oldest rivals in Auburn, and that Bo Nix is his old athletic self, I'd say... maybe? Or maybe Auburn's own defense can give Georgia some fits here.)

1. Penn State @ Iowa [4:00, FOX] (Since "College Gameday" doesn't want to talk up this humongous game, I'll do it. As I mentioned earlier, it's a battle of Top 5 teams! Both Penn State and Iowa's defenses are awesome! And you have 2 of the most respected head coaches matching wits!
But to me, the X-factor is Iowa's QB Spencer Petras. He'll have to have his breakout game to win this one.)

Game with the best chance to be a bust: Alabama @ Texas A&M (Yes, it's on my Top 10 list. But seriously, if A&M's offense doesn't wake up, things could get bad in College Station REAL quick.)
Honorable mentions for the Top 10: Maryland @ Ohio State, Wake Forest @ Syracuse, Boise State @ BYU, and Oregon State @ Washington State

My prediction segment is next!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 6 Predictions

It's now time for a long-overdue look at my prediction record for the season.

Week Zero: 7-2
Week 1: 16-4
Week 2: 15-7
Week 3: 16-4
Week 4: 17-6
Week 5: A rough 13-11

Okay. After that awful record last week, I have to do better with this week's installment of games. Let me see...

(1)Alabama 37 @ Texas A&M 13
(2)Georgia 35 @ (18)Auburn 21
(4)Penn State 20 @ (3)Iowa 24
Temple 20 @ (5)Cincinnati 35
(21)Texas 38
vs. (6)Oklahoma 35
Maryland 15 @ (7)Ohio State 37
(9)Michigan 37
@ Nebraska 30
Boise State 21 @ (10)BYU 24
(11)Michigan State 26
@ Rutgers 20
(13)Arkansas 24 @ (17)Ole Miss 34
(14)Notre Dame 23 @ Virginia Tech 28
(15)Coastal Carolina 48
@ Arkansas State 17
LSU 30 @ (16)Kentucky 27
(18)Wake Forest 37 @ Syracuse 27
Vanderbilt 14 @ (20)Florida 32
Stanford 24 @ (22)Arizona State 31
(24)SMU 35
@ Navy 24
New Mexico 14 @ (25)San Diego State 31

And by the way, in the FBS "Toilet Bowl" I got UConn beating UMass 34-17. Okay, enjoy the rest of the week!

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way we beat Notre Dame is if our defense or special teams score.

ozanaminn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,915.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn will beat Georgia this week. Kentucky over LSU. Nebraska over Michigan.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 7- Top 10 Games

Okay. Since App. State and Louisiana are playing a game tonight, I guess I'll be putting up my latest Top 10 list today. And by the way, I'm hoping that the Mountaineers win against the Cajuns... for the sake of the BIG Coastal Carolina/App. State game coming next Wednesday.
Okay! Let's get to...

The Top 10 Game of College Football 2021 (Week 7)

(All times are Eastern)
10. UCF @ Cincinnati [12:00, ABC] (After another crazy week last week, Cincinnati is now enjoying their highest AP national ranking ever! And now they're on ABC hosting the UCF Knights... who isn't having the season they've wanted so far in 2021. I'm smelling an upset! Don't forget, Boise State went to #10 BYU last week with a losing record, and Boise still silenced the Cougars. Could UCF do the same?)

9. Pittsburgh @ Virginia Tech [3:30, ESPN2] (Va-Tech was SO CLOSE to defeating Notre Dame last week, but sadly they couldn't finish the job. Now the Hokies will reenter ACC play and take on a Pittsburgh team that some people say are the best in the conference. Plus, Kenny Pickett has been on fire slinging the ball around for Pitt, so stopping him will be crucial for Va-Tech's hopes of victory.)

8. Ole Miss @ Tennessee [7:30, SEC Network] (Initially, I had Texas A&M vs. Missouri at the #8 spot, simply because we got the team that just knocked off Alabama going on the road. But I actually think that A&M will safely handle a middling Missouri team.
So instead, we'll go to Knoxville for this contest. Ole Miss is off a thrilling win over Arkansas, Tennessee is looking a LOT better thanks to a reborn offense, and a LOT of points should be scored here.)

7. Arizona State @ Utah [10:00, ESPN] (Give Utah some credit for last week; despite getting another dose of tragedy they went and defeated USC. Now the Utes are looking to take full control of the PAC-12 South by beating the Sun Devils. So, a little piece of advice for ASU. See Utah's new QB Cameron Rising [No, I didn't make that name up]? You're gonna have to stop him to win this game.)

6. NC State @ Boston College [7:30, ACC Network] (The sleeper game of the week. Both of these teams are coming off byes, and both NC State and Boston College wants to prove a point. For the Wolfpack, it's proving that they can win on the road and stay in control of the ACC Atlantic. For the Eagles, it's proving that their loss to Clemson 2 weeks ago was only a fluke.)

5. Oklahoma State @ Texas [12:00, FOX] (It's finally time for Oklahoma State to prove that they belong at #12 in the rankings. I mean, Texas might have lost to Oklahoma again, but they didn't look bad at all last week. And the Cowboys are 5-0, but they haven't looked too explosive yet.
To me, the X-factor is Texas's RB Bijan Robinson. If he is able to break OK State's stout run defense, the Cowboys will be in trouble.)

4. BYU @ Baylor [3:30, ESPN] (BYU sure got a dose of reality last week, didn't they? Now the Cougars will have to try and rebound on the road against the Baylor Bears. And it REALLY won't be easy to do. One, Baylor is looking really good [thanks to a balanced offense led by QB Gerry Bohanon]. And two, a couple of assistant coaches that helped lead BYU to an 11-1 mark last year are now with Baylor.)

3. Purdue @ Iowa [3:30, ABC] (Wait. "College Gameday" is going back to Athens this Saturday? They're not gonna go to Iowa City for an apology visit for dissing them last week? Wouldn't going to Cincinnati be a better choice for "Gameday"?
Okay, enough wondering. This one is all about Iowa; can they avoid the hangover after getting that huge win over Penn State last week? If they stop Purdue's excellent passing game, they'll be golden.)

2. Alabama @ Mississippi State [7:00, ESPN] (If only because I wanna see Alabama's response to their shocking loss against A&M last week. And also because I wanna see how Mississippi State's offense will fare against the Tide's porous defense... and if it can give us another surprise.)

1. Kentucky @ Georgia [3:30, CBS] (Georgia knew that they were gonna be #1 this year with the way they're playing. But now they're in another main-event caliber game, this time against an unfamiliar threat. I mean, I'm starting to buy into the Wildcats! Kentucky won against Florida. They won against LSU. Is their new offense so good that it could do the impossible and win in Athens? Maybe, if their rushing attack can make some headway...)

Game with the best chance to be a bust: Miami @ North Carolina (This game was supposed to be the one that decided who would win the ACC Coastal! And now these teams are a combined 5-6? Oh well. At least with D'Eriq King out for the year, UNC should be able to take this one.)
Honorable mentions for the Top 10: Appalachian State @ Louisiana, Air Force @ Boise State, Auburn @ Arkansas, and TCU @ Oklahoma.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 7 Predictions

Right now I have some tree people chopping up a neighbor's tree. Let's see if it distracts me from making good picks:

(11)Kentucky 20 @ (1)Georgia 35
Purdue 21 @ (2)Iowa 31
UCF 37
@ (3)Cincinnati 34
TCU 20 @ (4)Oklahoma 42
(5)Alabama 42
@ Mississippi State 30
California 14 @ (9)Oregon 24
(10)Michigan State 31
@ Indiana 17
(12)Oklahoma State 35 @ (25)Texas 30
(13)Ole Miss 48 @ Tennessee 41
Auburn 23 @ (17)Arkansas 35
(18)Arizona State 27
@ Utah 21
(19)BYU 23 @ Baylor 38
(20)Florida 37
@ LSU 30
(21)Texas A&M 36 @ Missouri 20
(22)NC State 17 @ Boston College 23
(24)San Diego State 27 @ San Jose State 31

Other big games:
Appalachian State 37
@ Louisiana 30
Pittsburgh 39 @ Virginia Tech 27
UCLA 22 @ Washington 28

My time's up. You've been great. Enjoy "Kevin Hart: What the Fit".

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's News.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 8- Mid-major Special

...Trust me, folks. With the FBS slate looking a little bare, I had to dip into the lower leagues to fill in some spots. And lo and behold, another whole list was born out of it. So as a treat, today I'm gonna do...

The Top 10 "Mid-major" games of the week!

(All times are Eastern)
10. Morehead State @ Marist [12:00, ESPN3] (I think this is the first time I'm looking at Pioneer Conference football on this website! Anyway, this game is for control of that conference, with both Marist and Morehead at 3-0. Watch for Morehead's QB Mark Pappas to have another fun day here.)

9. Prairie View @ Southern [7:30, ESPN+] (Come for the excellent bands, stay for the football! Prairie View is looking to stay atop an expanded SWAC conference, while Southern is looking to stay afloat. And, hey! Prairie View's new QB is Jawon Pass! Didn't I see him at Louisville a couple of years ago?)

8. Columbia @ Dartmouth [6:00 Friday, ESPNU] (In this Ivy League contest, Dartmouth is looking to dismiss Columbia and get to 6-0 on the year. I'm kinda expecting a defensive-minded game here.)

7. Missouri State @ North Dakota State [3:30, ESPN+] (The biggest game on the FCS slate this week. Good ol' North Dakota State is 6-0, but coming to Fargo is a Missouri State team who's got the offense to really bother the Bison.)

6. Cincinnati @ Navy [12:00, ESPN2] (If only because Cincinnati is facing a triple-option team on the road... while holding on to their new highest ranking ever.)

5. Colorado State @ Utah State [9:30 Friday, CBS Sports Network] (Wait a moment. Colorado State looks like it's gotten over it's early loss to South Dakota State, as they're now 2-0 in the Mountain West. Let's see how the Rams do when they face a Utah State team that almost gives up as many yards as it gains. If the Rams defense holds strong...)

4. Northern Illinois @ Central Michigan [12:00, ESPNU] (Also making a comeback is Northern Illinois, who's now 5-2 on the year. Their next task is going to Central Michigan and trying to stop the Chippewas' strong offense.)

3. Nevada @ Fresno State [7:30, FOX Sports 2] (Huh. The Nevada Wolfpack are actually doing well so far with all of this hype around them [just ask their offense]. But now they're a 3-point dog against a Fresno State team that's also been doing good [and who also has a find offense]. But Nevada's run game has looked a little dormant; maybe waking it up will help the Wolfpack out.)

2. Coastal Carolina @ Appalachian State [7:30 tomorrow, ESPN2] (...You'll have to wait until my "big-boy" Top 10 countdown to learn about this game. Sorry!)

1. San Diego State @ Air Force [7:00, CBS Sports Network] (...Ditto!)

And... Wait a minute! Did Washington State just fire their head coach?! I gotta check this out, I'll see you guys tomorrow!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 8- Top 10 Games

Great. I now have a pipe causing a small leak in the basement, damage from a severe storm in the backyard, and I may need surgery for appendicitis! But let me get this out first, and then I can decide whether to freak out or just calmly run into the river. It's time for...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2021 (Week 8)

(All times are Eastern)
10. Wake Forest @ Army [12:00, CBS Sports Network] (I initially had South Carolina vs. Texas A&M at #10, but I honestly don't like the Gamecocks' chances. So instead, we'll go to West Point. Because even though Wake Forest is 6-0 and looking good, they're only a 3-point favorite against the Black Knights. Something is up! Are the bettors just worried about Army's defense, or is it because Wake won't play a triple-option team like this for the rest of the season?)

9. Coastal Carolina @ Appalachian State [7:30 tonight, ESPN2] (Such a shame. Had App. State defeated Louisiana last week, this game might have been the #1 game of the week. Anyway, this is still the biggest game in the Sun Belt East this year; the winner will most likely go to the Sun Belt title game. Both teams can run the ball really well, but the X-factor here is App. State's defense. It got scorched by the Cajuns last week, so will it recover and shut down Grayson McCall? Or will Grayson have another marvelous game?)

8. San Diego State @ Air Force [7:00, CBS Sports Network] (Not only is this the biggest "mid-major" game of the week, it's also my sleeper game of the week. Both the Falcons and Aztecs have strong defenses and can run the ball well, so this should be a great test of manhood for both teams. And it should be over in under 3 hours, too!)

7. Utah @ Oregon State [7:30, PAC-12 Network] (Utah's roller-coaster ride through the PAC-12 will continue here, as they'll visit confident Oregon State just one week after dealing with Arizona State. And the Beavers' offense has looked good, but what's this? It might be raining before and during the game? That might play right into Utah's hands.)

6. Northwestern @ Michigan [12:00, FOX] (The Wildcats are hoping to snag another win in the Big 10 after beating Rutgers last week. But in all honesty, this one is all about Michigan; the Spartans, Nittany Lions, and Buckeyes are all in the future of the Wolverines. So the last thing they want to happen is to look bad BEFORE that monster slate.)

5. Tennessee @ Alabama [7:00, ESPN] (Hopefully we'll get another proud shootout as these two strong offenses go at it. But remember, Tennessee suffered 2 embarrassments last week. One was their home loss to Ole Miss, and the other was the fans throwing stuff on the field near the end of that game. How will the Vols respond to that, knowing that Alabama's defense MIGHT be figuring things out finally?)

4. Clemson @ Pittsburgh [3:30, ESPN] (This one is actually pretty easy to describe. Pittsburgh is off to a flying start, and now they're ranked. Now they have a legitimacy test to pass as they host Clemson. Meanwhile, Clemson has been winning games with their defense lately, but can their passing game FINALLY get a spark going?)

3. LSU @ Ole Miss [3:30, CBS] (So begins the farewell tour of Ed Orgeron, who has decided not to return to LSU after this season. And strangely, the tour will begin with the "Magnolia Lane Rivalry" as LSU will visit Ole Miss [where Coach O bombed in the mid-2000's]. Just know that emotions will run high in this contest... and maybe the scoreboard will run high as well.)

2. Oregon @ UCLA [3:30, ABC] (Huh. So "College Gameday" is gonna be in Los Angeles for this contest. Maybe Chip Kelly is finally turning it around in Pasadena! And he'll have another chance to do good for his fans if the Bruins can stop the Ducks. The stat-lines are actually pretty even between the teams, so it'll be up to individuals to make the difference.
That is the spot where Oregon HAS to step up here. Who will emerge and help the Ducks out?)

1. Oklahoma State @ Iowa State [3:30, FOX] (This is Iowa State's big chance to return to the national spotlight! Since falling out of the Top 25, the Cyclones have been working on their defense, and now here we are! Iowa State is hosting a main-event contest again, and they're a 7-point favorite against a Oklahoma State team that just entered the Top 10.
Both teams have great runners [it's Jaylen Warren vs. Breece Hall!], but the X-factor is OK State's QB Spencer Saunders. He held down the fort against Texas last week, but is there any chance for him to outduel Brock Purdy?)

Game with the best chance to be a bust: Ohio State @ Indiana (So the Miami/North Carolina game last week turned out to be quite fun. But there's no chance of that happening here! Indiana looks to be done, while Ohio State is on a mission from God to steamroll the Big 10 again. It's your funeral, ABC.)
Honorable mentions for the Top 10: BYU @ Washington State, USC @ Notre Dame, and Nevada @ Fresno State.

Boy, the 3:30 time slot is gonna be busy this week, isn't it? My prediction segment is next!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 8 Predictions

So now my mom is saying that "Oh, you just pulled something yesterday, you're fine". I guess I'll have to wait and see. Until then, here's your Week 8 predictions:

(2)Cincinnati 40 @ Navy 21
(3)Oklahoma 51 @ Kansas 10
Tennessee 14 @ (4)Alabama 42
(5)Ohio State 47
@ Indiana 20
Northwestern 17 @ (6)Michigan 35
Illinois 10 @ (7)Penn State 34
(8)Oklahoma State 32
@ Iowa State 27
(10)Oregon 28 @ UCLA 35
LSU 34 @ (12)Ole Miss 38
USC 21 @ (13)Notre Dame 28
(14)Coastal Carolina 31 @ Appalachian State 34
(16)Wake Forest 28
@ Army 21
South Carolina 16 @ (17)Texas A&M 37
(18)NC State 34
@ Miami 28
Tulane 14 @ (21)SMU 40
(22)San Diego State 17 @ Air Force 27
Clemson 28
@ (23)Pittsburgh 21
(24)UTSA 38 @ Louisiana Tech 30
Wisconsin 28 @ (25)Purdue 24

My time's up. You've been great. Enjoy "Santiago of the Seas".

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 9- Top 10 Games

What is taking this plumber so long? I swear, if I don't get a response by the end of the week, I'm gonna take my business elsewhere- What? Shoot, my mike's on again. Sorry about that, let's just get to...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2021 (Week 9)

(All times are Eastern)
10. Texas Tech @ Oklahoma [3:30, ABC] (After Matt Wells got fired in Lubbock, Texas, I was ready to take this game off of my list entirely. But Oklahoma's struggles against lowly Kansas last week ruined that plan. Now I'm wondering if Sonny Cumbie [the interim head coach] can rally the troops and break Oklahoma's defense.)

9. Fresno State @ San Diego State [10:30, CBS Sports Network] (Somehow, someway, San Diego State is finding a way to win in 2021; they're now 7-0. Now they're ready to take on one of their most hated rivals in Fresno State. However, the Bulldogs have a QB-to-WR combo that is deadly; QB Jake Haener and WR Jalen Cropper. This is the 60th installment of this rivalry, and it could be the biggest.)

8. SMU @ Houston [7:00, ESPN2] (Here's another good-looking lesser-known rivalry! SMU is on a roll as they're 7-0 and ranked #19 in the latest CFP rankings. But now they must visit the rival Cougars in a game that's basically a "pick-em". And sure, Houston's offense might not be AS explosive as SMU's, but their defense is way better than theirs. If Houston's QB Clayton Tune can stay in lockstep with SMU's QB Tanner Mordecai, then...)

7. Texas @ Baylor [12:00, ABC] (Well, that didn't take long. Baylor coach Dave Aranda looks to have the ship righted in Waco after a rough 2020, and now they're ranked #16. Time for the Bears to face another test; the Texas Longhorns are off two rough losses [to the two Oklahoma schools], but they just had a bye week to get everything back in order. And hopefully Texas has used that time off to fix their defense... or at least figure out a way to break Baylor's D.)

6. Iowa @ Wisconsin [12:00, ESPN] (Wait a minute. Things might actually be OK in Madison, Wisconsin. After a bad start, the Badgers have won 3 straight games and just ran over a ranked Purdue team. Now the Badgers are hosting Iowa in a BIG contest in the Big 10 West race. As for Iowa, they've had a week to settle down after a tough loss. And, oh! Did you know that Wisconsin's QB Graham Mertz only has 2 passing TD's all season? If Iowa's defense forces him into making more mistakes, the Badgers will be in a tough spot.)

5. Virginia @ BYU [10:15, ESPN2] (Awww! This is too cute! Brigham Young has proved all of the skeptics wrong by getting to 6-2 without Zack Wilson, and now they're hosting their former head coach Bronco Mendenhall. And Bronco has made a cozy home for himself at Virginia! I sure do hope that Virginia's QB Brennan Armstrong doesn't run wild and ruin this cute family reunion!)

4. Florida vs. Georgia [from Jacksonville, FL] {3:30, CBS} (Well, here we go again! Another big Florida/Georgia game with national implications. I could spit out stuff about Georgia's defense, or the hopeful Florida offense, but just know that they is gonna be another dogfight in Jacksonville.)

3. Penn State @ Ohio State [7:30, ABC] (After a tough loss to Illinois last week, a Nittany Lions team that was once ranked #2 in the country is now an 18-point underdog against Ohio State. Was that loss to Illinois just because of the NCAA's stupid new overtime rules, or is Penn State's offense in real big trouble? Wait, actually, before Penn State worries about Sean Clifford they BETTER start worrying about stopping the Buckeyes offense. Because Ohio State's passing game has been on FIRE over the last several weeks.)

2. Ole Miss @ Auburn [7:00, ESPN] (These are just 2 Southern teams ready to play each other and have fun! And that's what football is supposed to be: Fun. It's a QB duel between Matt Corral and Bo Nix, and I can't wait to see which SEC West team will take a big step to possibly winning the division.)

1. Michigan @ Michigan State [12:00, FOX] (...Just know that these two bitter rivals have had tremendous battles in the past. Just know that the Big 10 and national rankings are gonna be shifted after this contest. And just know that this is a HUGE legitimacy test for BOTH teams... especially for the Spartans and their rush defense.)

Game with the best chance to be a bust: Iowa State @ West Virginia (I gotta fade West Virginia here, it really looks like Iowa State is peaking at the right time.)
Honorable mentions for the Top 10: Washington State @ Arizona State, Duke @ Wake Forest, Miami @ Pittsburgh, and Kentucky @ Mississippi State.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 9 Predictions

Time for another overdue look at my prediction records!

Week 6: 13-5
Week 7: A rough 10-9
Week 8: 14-5

Yeah, it's been all over the place. Hopefully things will be more stable with this round of picks:

(1)Georgia 31 vs. Florida 24
(2)Cincinnati 41 @ Tulane 10
Texas Tech 23 @ (4)Oklahoma 45
(20)Penn State 20 @ (5)Ohio State 45
(6)Michigan 24
@ (8)Michigan State 21
Colorado 13 @ (7)Oregon 30
(9)Iowa 20 @ Wisconsin 24
(10)Ole Miss 42
@ (18)Auburn 38
North Carolina 24 @ (11)Notre Dame 28
(12)Kentucky 27 @ Mississippi State 33
Duke 17 @ (13)Wake Forest 37
Kansas 13 @ (15)Oklahoma State 34
Texas 27 @ (16)Baylor 34
Miami 30 @ (17)Pittsburgh 35
(19)SMU 40
@ Houston 30
Fresno State 35 @ (21)San Diego State 28
(22)Iowa State 39 @ West Virginia 21
Troy 21 @ (24)Coastal Carolina 35
Virginia 32
@ (25)BYU 27

And by the way, I actually see Clemson losing to Florida State this week, 24-21. Okay, enjoy your weekend!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 10- Top "mid-major" games

Before you guys go apes--t over the playoff rankings show that'll end up meaning nothing by next week, I have a special treat for you! In the process of filling in my top games list, I noticed that there's a LOT of big contests to take place in the FCS this week. So that means I have another Top 10 list for you, in this segment I call...

The Top 10 "mid-major" games of Week 10!

(All times are Eastern)
10. VMI @ East Tennessee State [1:00, ESPN+] (We'll start it off in the Southern, where VMI and East Tennessee State are in the middle of a crowded race for the conference crown. And uh... oh yeah! NOW I remember! ETSU defeated Vanderbilt to start the season, thanks to their proud offense led by QB Tyler Riddell. So... I think VMI's defense will have to step up here.)

9. Princeton @ Dartmouth [6:00 Friday, ESPNU] (Your big "Ivy League" game of the week, folks! Princeton is still unbeaten, but Dartmouth is right on their tail at 6-1 thanks to a good rushing attack. Oh, and Derek Kyler [the QB for Dartmouth] tends to make less mistakes than Princeton's QB. Just wanna give you that fact.)

8. SE-Louisiana @ Incarnate Word [2:00, ESPN3] (The Cardinals of Incarnate Word are in the same position at Dartmouth right now; they're hosting a conference kingpin and has a chance to shake things up. Thing is, the Lions have a stout QB in Cole Kelley, and the Cardinals might have some trouble containing him.)

7. Montana State @ Eastern Washington [4:00, ESPN+] (These Big Sky rivals have a combined record of 14-2, and both of them have powerful offenses. But Eastern Washington is coming off a 35-34 loss to Weber State 2 weeks ago, and I'll bet they used the bye week to create a plan to stop the Bobcats' rushing attack.)

6. North Dakota State @ South Dakota State [3:00, ESPN+] (Ah, yes. Taking the #1 spot on the FCS slate is an old stand-by: Maybe the best rivalry right now in the division between the Bison and the Jackrabbits. The game might be in Brookings, SD, and SDSU does have a well-balanced offense. But NDSU has a "team-first" attitude and a 8-0 record, so get ready for more fireworks.)

5. Marshall @ Florida Atlantic [6:00, check local listings] (Both Marshall and FAU are 5-3, so this will be a battle for bowl-eligibility. But that's not all! Both the Herd and Owls are in control of their destiny in the C-USA East, and you know that neither of these teams want to give that up.)

4. Northern Illinois @ Kent State [7:00 tomorrow, ESPN2] (This week marks the beginning of early-week #MACtion, and this game in Kent is the biggest one in the early slate. We have a battle of division-leaders, and we'll see if Northern Illinois's defense can handle the Flashes offense to stay unbeaten in the MAC.)

3. San Jose State @ Nevada [10:00, FOX Sports 2] (It might not be pretty, but the Spartans of San Jose are still in the hunt to repeat as Mountain West champions. But now it's time for the hard part; they NEED to stop Nevada's passing attack and upset the Wolfpack to stay in the race. Oh, and SJSU's QB isn't doing so well thus far. Hopefully he'll regain his mojo against Nevada's Carson Strong.)

2. Georgia State @ Louisiana [7:30 Thursday, ESPN] (Well done, Cajuns! You're back in the AP Poll for the first time since Week 1! But you cannot rest now; the Panthers of Georgia State are still alive for the Sun Belt East title, so they'll be up for this big contest. But if the Cajuns DO bypass the Panthers, they'll clinch the West division title again, so good luck!)

1. UTSA @ UTEP [10:15, ESPN2] (...You'll have to wait until my "Big-boy" Top 10 list to know more about this game. Sorry!)

Honorable mentions for this Top 10: Boise State @ Fresno State, Tulsa @ Cincinnati, St. Thomas (MN) @ Davidson, Tennessee State @ UT-Martin, and Middle Tennessee @ Western Kentucky.

My real "Top 10" list is coming up on Thursday!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week Ten- Top 10 Games

I have nothing witty to say for this intro. Let's just get to...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2021 [Week Ten]

(All times are Eastern)
10. Tulsa @ Cincinnati [3:30, ESPN2] (I initially had Missouri @ Georgia at #10. And then the first CFP rankings came out and dissed Cincinnati by placing them at #6. Now I kinda want the Bearcats to smash up Davis Brin and the Tulsa offense to keep their title hopes alive. Oh, and "College Gameday" will be at the game, so that's something new!)

9. Liberty @ Ole Miss [12:00, SEC Network] (For Ole Miss, this is just about regaining some momentum after their loss to Auburn last week. For Liberty, this is the game that they've been waiting for since their schedule was revealed. So let me just say something to Lane Kiffin: If you make any more dumb coaching decisions [like the ones you made last week], Malik Willis will make you pay for it.)

8. LSU @ Alabama [7:00, ESPN] (Now if I was a CFP committee member, here's how I would have ranked the teams: Georgia, Michigan State [because of the great work they have done so far], Oklahoma, and Cincinnati [with Alabama and Oregon right behind them]. But the CFP committee has Alabama at #2, and now we're all scared about what they could do against their rivals from Baton Rouge. Let's all pray for LSU's defense in this one...)

7. UTSA @ UTEP [10:15, ESPN2] (The Roadrunners shouldn't be too upset about not being in the CFP rankings. They just have to keep winning, and then the committee will HAVE to put them in. But I don't think that's their focus right now; they got a rare chance to play on ESPN2 against a good in-state rival. And UTEP might have lost to FAU last week, but they didn't look bad in that game. So let's see if UTEP's QB Gavin Hardison can surprise the Roadrunner defense.)

6. Mississippi State @ Arkansas [4:00, SEC Network] (Just a simple fight for bowl eligibility. No more, no less. Although I find it interesting that Mississippi State is #17 in the CFP rankings. Hmm, are they really that impressive? Or will Arkansas's defense expose the Bulldogs as a fraud?)

5. Oklahoma State @ West Virginia [3:30, ESPN] (With Oklahoma off this week, this is the only interesting Big 12 game out there this week. And West Virginia just defeated Iowa State last week, so let's see if they can pull off another surprise. But OK State's defense is still looking impressive, so I don't think that they're gonna roll over and die.)

4. Wake Forest @ North Carolina [12:00, ABC] (And now we get to the trio of big games that ABC will have for us this week! First up is this game in Chapel Hill, where the Tar Heels- Wait. This is the ACC game that actually won't count in the ACC standings, will it? Ah, crap! ...But this game will still be big, if only because Wake Forest is in the Top 10 for the first time EVER and they're now playing on the road. Can the Deacons handle the pressure?)

3. Oregon @ Washington [7:30, ABC] (One team that is happy about the first CFP rankings is Oregon, as they come in at #4. But that means they're in the same boat as Wake Forest; they're on the road and playing a fired-up rival who wants to ruin all of the fun. And Washington's secondary is pretty damn good, so we'll see what Oregon will do to win the 113th edition of this rivalry.)

2. Michigan State @ Purdue [3:30, ABC] (All the set-up you see for this game is Purdue's victory over then-#2 Iowa. Even though we know now that Iowa was a fraud, we saw the Boilermakers stay cool and carve up a defense to score a proud win. Now in West Lafayette, Michigan State is coming to visit, and you just know that people other than Kenneth Walker III will have to step up to make sure the Spartans leave that place alive.)

1. Auburn @ Texas A&M [3:30, CBS] (This is the only ranked vs. ranked matchup we have this week, and I guarantee you guys that Alabama will be watching this game during their pre-game warm-ups. We have a study Auburn team taking on the team that's already beaten the Tide. And the defenses for both squads are very good, so it'll just be a matter of waiting to see which defense will crack first.)

Game with the best chance to be a bust: Baylor @ TCU (Normally, I'd be excited for this rivalry series. But TCU is playing without Gary Patterson as their coach for the first time in 20 years, so that team MIGHT be a bit deflated in this one.)
Honorable mentions for the Top 10: Georgia State @ Louisiana, Wisconsin @ Rutgers, Missouri @ Georgia, and Penn State @ Maryland.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 10 Predictions

After getting 7 picks wrong last week, I'm now listening to "Money Honey" by Bay City Rollers. Will that help me get a better record? Let's find out (FBS vs. FCS games don't count):

Missouri 10 @ (1)Georgia 37
LSU 17 @ (2)Alabama 45
(3)Michigan State 30
@ Purdue 23
(4)Oregon 31 @ Washington 17
(5)Ohio State 49 @ Nebraska 14
Tulsa 16 @ (6)Cincinnati 42
Indiana 13 @ (7)Michigan 31
(9)Wake Forest 24 @ North Carolina 31
Navy 14 @ (10)Notre Dame 35
(11)Oklahoma State 35
@ West Virginia 28
(12)Baylor 37 @ TCU 10
(13)Auburn 24 @ (14)Texas A&M 28
Liberty 20 @ (16)Ole Miss 42
(17)Mississippi State 31 @ Arkansas 38
Tennessee 21 @ (18)Kentucky 24
(19)NC State 28
@ Florida State 27
Illinois 15 @ (20)Minnesota 27
(21)Wisconsin 34
@ Rutgers 20
(22)Iowa 27 @ Northwestern 13
Boise State 20 @ (23)Fresno State 35
(24)San Diego State 23 @ Hawaii 28
(25)Pittsburgh 45
@ Duke 13

Other big games:
UTSA 34
@ UTEP 17
Penn State 35 @ Maryland 28

My time's up. You've been great. Enjoy "The Queen Family Singalong".

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 11- Top 10 Games

In honor of our military veterans, I'll give them a clear path through a VERY busy week of college football. No, really, there are a lot of big games. Yet which ones stand out? Let's see as I do...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2021 (Week 11)

(All times are Eastern)
10. TCU @ Oklahoma State [8:00, FOX] (Oklahoma State is just looking to stop the Horned Frogs so that they can get closer to the Sooners [and maybe the Big 12 title game]. And they have the defense to do it. But TCU did defeat Baylor last week, proving that they're not gonna fold their tent in 2021. And Max Duggan is still balling out, so let's see if the Frogs can pull off another stunner.)

9. Notre Dame @ Virginia [7:30, ABC] (For Notre Dame, this is just another challenge for the scrappy Fighting Irish to conquer, like they've been doing all season. For Virginia, this is a chance to snag an elusive victory over a Top 10 team. But the Cavs have had 2 weeks to get over their 66-49 loss to BYU and prep for this one, and I'll bet you that Virginia's defense has a plan.)

8. Maryland @ Michigan State [4:00, FOX] (Poor Michigan State. One week they're celebrating an always big win over Michigan, the next they lose to Purdue in a game they never led in. Now that they're back home in East Lansing, the Spartans look to rebound and beat Maryland so that they can focus on Ohio State next week [and prove that the Purdue loss was just because of a hangover and nothing else]. Here's hoping that Maryland's passing game doesn't bother Michigan State TOO much...)

7. Washington State @ Oregon [10:30, ESPN] (Oregon's not out of the woods just yet in the PAC-12 North! Before they start thinking about who they'll face in the PAC-12 title game, there's one more team that thinks they can steal the division... and that's Washington State. Jayden de Laura can take care of the airways for the Cougars, but will anyone step up in the run game to REALLY give the Ducks a challenge?)

6. NC State @ Wake Forest [7:30, ACC Network] (For the 115th time, these "Tobacco Road" rivals will meet. And what a game we got! We got ace quarterbacks [Sam Hartman vs. Devin Leary] going against each other, and the ACC Atlantic will most likely go to the winner of this contest. But Wake's defense finally broke against UNC last week, so will it be able to help the Deacons win?)

5. Oklahoma @ Baylor [12:00, FOX] (Had Baylor held on to defeat TCU, this would have been the game of the week. But instead, Baylor is now left to try to play spoiler against Oklahoma. Oh, and Oklahoma has had 2 weeks to stew over the CFP committee putting them at #8 on their list. Abram Smith and his Bears have better be fully prepared for this one.)

4. Georgia @ Tennessee [3:30, CBS] (I don't blame CBS for bypassing A&M/Ole Miss to broadcast this SEC game. That's because Tennessee has the offense to maybe, FINALLY, give Georgia's stout defense a challenge. And the Vols are high off a big win at Kentucky, too! So if it does turn into a slugfest, can Georgia's offense respond in kind?)

3. Texas A&M @ Ole Miss [7:00, ESPN] (This is just another ranked vs. ranked contest in the SEC West division. That's it. Actually, no, wait. I just remembered; the loser of this game will most definitely NOT win the SEC West this season. Good luck, Rebels defense!)

2. Michigan @ Penn State [12:00, ABC] (A lot of banter is being exchanged on the sports talk shows right now due to Michigan being ranked ahead of Michigan State in the new CFP rankings. But Michigan has a simple solution to this problem: Just keep winning! It'll be tricky to do that at Penn State [in a game that's almost a pick-em], but I'm sure that the Wolverines can do it... if they can keep up their balanced offense.)

1. Purdue @ Ohio State [3:30, ABC] (The "Spoilermakers", as Purdue is now being called, has just whacked Michigan State in almost the same way that they whacked #2 Iowa in October. But now, uh oh! They're now in a "main-event" game against the mighty Buckeyes. And Ohio State has the players needed to stop Purdue's passing game. Does Purdue have one more surprise performance left for us?)

Game with the best chance to be a bust: Northwestern @ Wisconsin (If only because the Badgers are rolling along nicely... and the Wildcats are not.)
Honorable mentions for the Top 10: North Carolina @ Pittsburgh, Minnesota @ Iowa, and Nevada @ San Diego State.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 11 Predictions (AKA: What might happen while Gonzaga vs. Texas and Villanova vs. UCLA takes place in college basketball)

(1)Georgia 30 @ Tennessee 24
New Mexico State 7 @ (2)Alabama 52
Washington State 21 @ (3)Oregon 35
(19)Purdue 20 @ (4)Ohio State 41
(5)Cincinnati 37
@ South Florida 14
(6)Michigan 34 @ Penn State 27
Maryland 17 @ (7)Michigan State 28
(8)Oklahoma 45
@ (13)Baylor 35
(9)Notre Dame 27 @ Virginia 34
TCU 20 @ (10)Oklahoma State 30
(16)NC State 40
@ (12)Wake Forest 34
(11)Texas A&M 28 @ (15)Ole Miss 34
Mississippi State 27 @ (17)Auburn 35
Northwestern 14 @ (18)Wisconsin 37
Minnesota 28
@ (20)Iowa 24
North Carolina 31 @ (21)Pittsburgh 38
Nevada 37
@ (22)San Diego State 28
Southern Miss 12 @ (23)UTSA 34
(24)Utah 37
@ Arizona 21
(25)Arkansas 24 @ LSU 28

My time's up. You've been great. I'll update you guys on those CBB games if you want me to.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 13- Top 10 Games

To celebrate me getting my flu shot yesterday, we'll look at the games that will tide us over until the Thanksgiving madness begins. Yep, it's time for...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2021 (Week 12)

(All times are Eastern)
10. Virginia @ Pittsburgh [3:30, ESPN2] (The ACC Coastal division is not yet decided, as Pittsburgh will now host the only team that can knock them off their perch on top: The Cavaliers. And yes, Virginia have dropped their last 2 games [to BYU and Notre Dame], but they can take the lead in the division if they somehow stop Kenny Pickett and the Panthers attack.)

9. UAB @ UTSA [3:30, ESPN+] (Personally, I'm pretty stoked about this contest. We got a game where not only the C-USA West title is on the line, but also the national reputations of both schools. So on Saturday, we'll see UAB unleash QB Dylan Hopkins and his offense to upset the Roadrunners and keep their spot as Conference USA's kingpin. Or we'll see RB Sincere McCormick, QB Frank Harris, and UTSA win the division and keep their marvelous season going.)

8. Iowa State @ Oklahoma [12:00, FOX] (So Oklahoma's roller-coaster run through the 2021 season was stopped last week due to Baylor eliminating them from the national title race. So in the first game of this doubleheader on FOX, I guess the only thing Oklahoma can do this week is stopping Iowa State so that they can refocus on defending their Big 12 title.)

7. Oklahoma State @ Texas Tech [8:00, FOX] (Then later on FOX, we'll see a Big 12 team that is REALLY on upset alert. Of course, I'm talking about the Cowboys; they've been doing great over the last 3 games. And the "Bedlam Series" is on the horizon, but wait! Texas Tech just clinched bowl eligibility last week under their interim head coach. So let's see if the Red Raider defense shows up for this one.)

6. Wake Forest @ Clemson [12:00, ESPN] (Yep, Wake Forest is in firm control of the ACC Atlantic. All they have to do to officially take the division title is win one of their last 2 games. But this week, the Deacons must visit Clemson. Who has the current longest home-winning streak in the FBS. And who is a 4-point favorite in this contest. AND who can still win the Atlantic if things fall their way. AND who has a proud defense that can stymie Wake's potent offense. Hmmmmmm...)

5. Oregon @ Utah [7:30, ABC] (I knocked this game down a couple of spots because this could be the first of 2 meetings this year between the Ducks and Utes. The stat lines are pretty even between the two teams, but Oregon already has their division crown. Utah still haven't clinched THEIR division just yet. Oh, and Oregon's national title shot could go kaput if they manage to lose here.)

4. Arkansas @ Alabama [3:30, CBS] (Sam Pittman continues to do wonders at Arkansas; now his team is on CBS in late November to see if his Razorbacks can shock the nation once again. But, man oh man! Bryce Young's numbers are just ridiculous [over 3,000 passing yards, 33-TD's and only 3 picks]! Arkansas have BETTER have a solid gameplan to stop the Tide offense if they want a chance here.)

3. Baylor @ Kansas State [5:30, FOX Sports 1] (With their proud win over Oklahoma, Baylor now has a real chance to play in the Big 12 title game! But, uh oh! Now the Bears must avoid a hangover when they face Kansas State. And it's basically a "pick-em", with K-State's defense being not bad. AND K-State has won 4 in a row, so the momentum is certainly there for the Wildcats to stop Baylor and ruin everything for them.)

2. SMU @ Cincinnati [3:30, ESPN] (Why is this AAC game up so high? Because even though Cincinnati is still #5 in the CFP polls, they've been a little lackadaisical in conference play as of late. Now here comes a REAL team in SMU, who can give Cincinnati a REAL challenge. Will the Bearcats wake up and give us a stirring performance, or will the Mustangs offense pull off a stunner?)

1. Michigan State @ Ohio State [12:00, ABC] (The betting lines have Ohio State as a 19-point favorite?! Fine by Mel Tucker; he likes it when people underestimate his Spartans. But in all seriousness, the Buckeyes offense looks unstoppable right now as it is now averaging 550 yards a game. Michigan State's defense has to have it's best performance of the year right here... and it's own offense can't get bogged down. Don't miss this one, folks!)

Game with the best chance to be a bust: BYU @ Georgia Southern [The triple-option Eagles, verses a high-flying BYU offense? Sounds good... if the Eagles weren't 3-7 right now. BYU should roll easily.)
Honorable mentions for the Top 10: UCLA @ USC, Rutgers @ Penn State, Arizona State @ Oregon State, and Louisiana @ Liberty.