• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jury's still out on Hubie here locally. Big shoes to fill obviously but he spent a decade learning his ways. I'm hoping some of the things I'm seeing are just growing pains.

As far as Sheyer goes, he was Shisheffskees pick so they really had no choice there. I'd love to see him crash and burn haha

I want Davis to succeed obviously. But I hope he's not being unfairly compared to Roy. That wouldn't be right. I got Roy on my Mt. Rushmore of coaches. Along with Wooden, Dean & Kruzawooooski.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanna try to clear the air here. Around comment #7125 in this thread you went outta your way to say some funny stuff.

-you don't like me (who cares? it's the internet)

-said you don't wanna interact with me (more comedy)

-and you said to never respond or @-you again (all I can do is laugh)

That stuff you said to me is all about me calling you out for overly homeristic stuff you've said about the Heat & the Saints. Now understand not once have I ever accused of something you didn't say.

But when you say stupid shit I will call you out (or anyone else) on it every single time. Just don't say silly homeristic things about the teams you root for. It's very wiggy-esq. Don't take a page outta his dumbass playbook.

I'm trying to bury the hatchet so to speak. A truce if you'd like. If you're not cool with that, well then that's 100% all on you.
Nice To Meet You Shake Hands GIF by Amazon Prime Video

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know. But I know last night he got easy touches I’ve never seen dude get before. Harden Embiid Maxey had 89 last night on 46 shots. 46 x 2 is 92. That’s crazy efficient
6ers did look good last night no doubt. My only concern is Harden taking the offense out of Embiid’s hands.

We’ll see…

704Tarheels

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,218.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Davis to succeed obviously. But I hope he's not being unfairly compared to Roy. That wouldn't be right. I got Roy on my Mt. Rushmore of coaches. Along with Wooden, Dean & Kruzawooooski.
Davis should be fine. I think he will be able to consistently recruit well. He needs to clean up some of the defensive mistakes and turnover problems I've seen with this year's team, but I think that will come with experience.

704Tarheels

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,218.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6ers did look good last night no doubt. My only concern is Harden taking the offense out of Embiid’s hands.

We’ll see…
It did kinda seem like Embiid was forcing shots early because he thought if it touched Harden's hands, he'd never see it again.

But as the game went on it almost looked like a seemless transition and that Harden was on board with the ball movement philosophy. We'll see if that continues.

Last edited:

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We’ll see…
Honestly, that’s a blessing. As good as Embiid is, he still has a tendency to commit some turnovers, especially when he is counted on to have the entire offense flow through him. He’s had some 40 and 10 games this year where he’s had 5,6,7 turnovers. Too much reliance on the offensive end has also had an impact on his play at the other end. If the offense doesn’t have to go through him on every possession that in theory should free him up come playoff time to be able to be the dominant rim protector that defense sorely needs. Embiid needs to be the focal point of their defensive system. The best thing Harden provides is diversity in their offense. And it comes back to the same thing…Doc Rivers. I hope this dude doesn’t fuck it up. Diversity of attack only makes a difference if it’s employed the right way to exploit matchup advantages and an inability for the defense to know every trip what’s coming. The Sixers had gotten stale with the same sets over and over again. Doc can’t get lazy in what they run.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We’ll see…
There were times where Harden didn’t even look his way for the easy pass and it kind of reminded me of the heavy Houston ISO ball.

I hope all goes well, but Harden better realize that this is Embiid’s team.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis should be fine. I think he will be able to consistently recruit well. He needs to clean up some of the defensive mistakes and turnover problems I've seen with this year's team, but I think that will come with experience.

He's still in learning mode. One key will be is when he hits the recruiting trail. But I think he's gonna be okay.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, that’s a blessing. As good as Embiid is, he still has a tendency to commit some turnovers, especially when he is counted on to have the entire offense flow through him. He’s had some 40 and 10 games this year where he’s had 5,6,7 turnovers. Too much reliance on the offensive end has also had an impact on his play at the other end. If the offense doesn’t have to go through him on every possession that in theory should free him up come playoff time to be able to be the dominant rim protector that defense sorely needs. Embiid needs to be the focal point of their defensive system. The best thing Harden provides is diversity in their offense. And it comes back to the same thing…Doc Rivers. I hope this dude doesn’t fuck it up. Diversity of attack only makes a difference if it’s employed the right way to exploit matchup advantages and an inability for the defense to know every trip what’s coming. The Sixers had gotten stale with the same sets over and over again. Doc can’t get lazy in what they run.
You are right, sir. If anyone is going to fuck up the 6ers, it’s going to be Doc Rivers.

ChrisperJ10

Above Average Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It did kinda seem like Embiid was forcing shots early because he thought if it touched Harden's hands, he'd never see it again.

But as the game went on it almost looked like a seemless transition and that Harden was on board with the ball movement philosophy. We'll see if that continues.
Exactly! This is why I hate, and love to watch James Harden play.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, sir. If anyone is going to fuck up the 6ers, it’s going to be Doc Rivers.
I’ve already noted this here but another factor is roster construction. It’s hard to get those Star pieces and you have to sacrifice but I look at a team like your Suns and nearly every key guy is a two way player. Even Book plays better D than when he came into the league but guys like CP3, Bridges, Ayton, Crowder, etc…are two way guys who can play important and effective roles at both ends. Sixers have offensive guys (Maxey Harden Milton Harris) or they have defensive guys (Thybulle Green). They aren’t the same guys. That could hurt them in a series with Bucks Heat Suns Memphis Warriors that have a roster with a ton of two way players. Embiid is the Sixers only two way guy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big week for the heat as they play all the threats in the east

Monday home to Chicago
Wednsday and Thursday they play in Milwaukee and Brooklyn
Saturday back home for Philly

That Philly came is the start of a 7 game homestand.