• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 NBA Season

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is any truth to this, this looks like the Bulls are trying to revive the Triangle approach to basketball with Cartwright at Center and of course Michael and Scottie on the perimeter. Don't know if Gobert goes or not. If he does, it may start a avalanche of trades for the Jazz that may include the coach leaving. Who knows at this point.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is any truth to this, this looks like the Bulls are trying to revive the Triangle approach to basketball with Cartwright at Center and of course Michael and Scottie on the perimeter. Don't know if Gobert goes or not. If he does, it may start a avalanche of trades for the Jazz that may include the coach leaving. Who knows at this point.

I wouldn’t be surprised. The Jazz need to revamp their roster. I think Gobert is a better fit than Vucevic too for CHI

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Shanesmansj13. I saw that the professional relationship between Gobert and Mitchell has probably disintegrated to the point that one or both may leave. So, I suppose we shall see.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No.

Triangle offense is very outdated.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Triangle offense is very outdated.
Perimeter spacing with inside-out passing? Pretty fundamental IMO. Nobody is going to run a strict triangle with that group of coaches.

Not sure Gobert is a high level passer though. Cartwright was never really the passer off the block for the Bulls though, so Gobert could be on the weak side like Cartwright, Not really sure who fills a forward role to play from the block as that passer with the current Bulls if Vucevic is in the discussed trade suggestion.

More likely just a shift to defensive focus inside from Vucevic's offensive focus.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perimeter spacing with inside-out passing? Pretty fundamental IMO. Nobody is going to run a strict triangle with that group of coaches.

Not sure Gobert is a high level passer though. Cartwright was never really the passer off the block for the Bulls though, so Gobert could be on the weak side like Cartwright, Not really sure who fills a forward role to play from the block as that passer with the current Bulls if Vucevic is in the discussed trade suggestion.

More likely just a shift to defensive focus inside from Vucevic's offensive focus.

Triangle spacing is not built around the 3 point line. It is built around the low block and the elbows.

It is also a very complicated system of reads that takes a long time to master.

I guess it could be revamped to utilize more modern spacing and better take advantage of the 3 point line, but there are better offensive concepts out there.

The triangle worked for Phil because of the players he had running it. Not because it was such a great concept.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triangle spacing is not built around the 3 point line. It is built around the low block and the elbows.

It is also a very complicated system of reads that takes a long time to master.

I guess it could be revamped to utilize more modern spacing and better take advantage of the 3 point line, but there are better offensive concepts out there.

The triangle worked for Phil because of the players he had running it. Not because it was such a great concept.

Yep, especially the bold.

It wasnt just the talent of those players either, although that helped, lol...he had guys with high basketball IQs and even they struggled with it at times.