• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he managed to win 3-4, with that talent I might agree.

But he won 11. 11.

And he almost beat the Knicks in ‘94 without MJ. Should have beaten the Knicks if not for 1 blown call. And the Knicks later took the Rockets to 7 games in the Finals.

Larry Brown has 2 championships.
Larry Brown looks for a challenge. Phillip looks for ready made Finals' teams.

How many did Phillip win without arguably the best player in the league (often best 2)? None. How many did Brown win without best player? 2

I do agree his best coaching job was the year MJ was gone.....but he didn't win a title and as you clearly point out it's about his titles.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still not as bad as whatever the hell D. Howard did to his hair.

That changes nightly, lol.

Not as bad as this either...

screen-shot-2019-10-24-at-10.47.00-pm.png

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They beat the Mavs, Spurs and Bulls.

The Mavs and Spurs are solid, but aren't teams that the Lakers shouldn't be expected to beat. Not much is expected of the Bulls.

It's always nice to go unbeaten on a road trip. But they also weren't exactly playing teams that expected to be contenders either.
No, but we both know that a road trip winning every game by itself is impressive and all of these teams.except for Chicago have started out good. That was not easy at all

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I ever said Klay and Green are not very good player? Klay is all star caliber. Green still a very good player. Just because I don't think he's better than Love doesn't mean I think he isn't very good.

That Curry fellow is decent, too.

And the idea Kerr wins when he has the most talent and loses when he has lesser talent has to matter, no?

I think Kerr is a good coach. Certainly not an elite coach.

Now, if he is able to future championships with a different player core or even a different cast of support players beyond the big 3, we might have to re-evaluate. But getting whipped by Ty Lue in 2016 is a pretty big stain.

And I never said you don’t think Klay and Dray aren’t good. But you do underrate them relative to everyone else here for sure.

Because if Love really was as valuable as Klay, then you must also believe Cleveland underachieved.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Brown looks for a challenge. Phillip looks for ready made Finals' teams.

How many did Phillip win without arguably the best player in the league (often best 2)? None. How many did Brown win without best player? 2

I do agree his best coaching job was the year MJ was gone.....but he didn't win a title and as you clearly point out it's about his titles.

He won multiple titles with 4 different core groups of players. And only lost 1 Finals he was supposed to win in 12 tries.

That is sick.

You vastly underrate the difficulty of coaching elite talent and getting them to work together. It isn’t as easy as Phil made it look.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kerr is a good coach. Certainly not an elite coach.

Now, if he is able to future championships with a different player core or even a different cast of support players beyond the big 3, we might have to re-evaluate. But getting whipped by Ty Lue in 2016 is a pretty big stain.

And I never said you don’t think Klay and Dray aren’t good. But you do underrate them relative to everyone else here for sure.

Because if Love really was as valuable as Klay, then you must also believe Cleveland underachieved.
why would I think Cleveland underachieved? In 2015 Love didn't play. In 2016 the Cavs won. And in 2017 GS added that Durant fellow.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won multiple titles with 4 different core groups of players. And only lost 1 Finals he was supposed to win in 12 tries.

That is sick.

You vastly underrate the difficulty of coaching elite talent and getting them to work together. It isn’t as easy as Phil made it look.
And if Phillip created the triangle you have a better case. Never mind the whole NEVER getting it done unless he had the best player (arguably best 2) on his bench.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers should have lost to the Mavs and they couldn't play around with the Clippers like they did the Bulls last night and expect to turn it on in the 4th quarter.

Howard's, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying, hold is on the refs and Luka looking concussed is part of the game , Shit happens.

Lebron has been magnificent. But, he will be absolutely washed if he has to play 35 minutes a game for the Season.

The Suns beat a fully charged Clippers, with Kawhi, from pillar to post.

We got beat.

The other loss, I shrug off with no Kawhi.

So, yeah....

I still think the Clippers are better....Right now.

Philly, Clippers, Lakers....in that order.

Have to agree to disagree on right now.

I'm not so sure about Lebron being washed if he continues to play 35 minutes per game. For one, he'll be doing his own load management later in the season. Also, they aren't real stressful minutes because he has a lot of help. Most of what he's doing is bringing the ball up and throwing it in to AD or giving it to a perimeter guy.

He played about the same number of minutes per year last year, but looked like he was having to work a lot harder.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,206.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The work day is over and my birthday weekend will begin on Thursday!!!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree to disagree on right now.

I'm not so sure about Lebron being washed if he continues to play 35 minutes per game. For one, he'll be doing his own load management later in the season. Also, they aren't real stressful minutes because he has a lot of help. Most of what he's doing is bringing the ball up and throwing it in to AD or giving it to a perimeter guy.

He played about the same number of minutes per year last year, but looked like he was having to work a lot harder.

I do agree about the "stressful minutes". Even though his numbers are great he doesn't need to "carry" the team. You see on a lot of possessions he literally just throws it into the post to AD and he does absolutely nothing. It is safe to say he might be playing 35 per night but really around 30 with less stress on him. Less wear and tear. Assists numbers going up also means he is doing less instead of driving 100 mph and getting fouled or beat up. If he plays even less during the 2nd half...he will essentially be playing under 30 imo