• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyways, Happy Halloween, y'all...

lol ides of the holiday season. get ready to (shudder) shop...:puke:

#iDESPISEshopping

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#iDESPISEshopping

I guess it is safe to say you are dressing up as Lebron this year :clap:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#iDESPISEshopping

Halloween always gets me, i always eat like half the candy i get for the kids lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a few overreactions here, but for entertainment purposes :

Towns, Embiid Ejected After 3rd Quarter Fight

Yeah Towns just did a headlock; Towns should be back next game; Embiid should be banned for life
Posted by princelyfrank on Oct 30, 2019 | 8:58 PM

If I were the commissioner I wouldn’t even suspend Karl after looking at this. What are you suppose to do when somebody does an eye gouge on you? That dude is a dirty shit talking bitch for sure.
Posted by Joseph434343 on Oct 30, 2019 | 9:17 PM

looks almost planned by embiid.; i would suspend embiid indefinitely. at least a season, minimum.
philly fans and teammates won’t even care. they seemed happy.; wtf.
i’d also suspend simmons. he was all over kat for no reason. file charges. it’s on the record for all to see.
The will to make it happen.
Posted by Astro Malone on Oct 30, 2019 | 9:36 PM

I wish Embiid catches all the STDs there exists
Posted by T D T W on Oct 31, 2019 | 6:24 AM

I don't know. Wishing that Embiid catches every STD that exists seems perfectly reasonable.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly which is why I'm a bit disappointed in Vince. He should have been chasing rings for at least the last 5 years but he instead opted to play for teams that were not title contenders

Yeah, would have been nice to see him get a ring.

Maybe he just wanted to play as many minutes as possible rather than get a ring sitting on someone's bench?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more than LeBron it was Griffin and Lue and a great group of veterans like James Jones and Richard Jefferson and Kevin Love. If anything LeBron and Kyrie aggravated eachother.

The credit for keeping Kyrie's head on relatively straight def. goes to Lue and Griffin and guys like Jefferson and Jones and Perkins and Love and Thompson etc.

Yeah, I guess I just assumed it was Lebron. But what you say makes sense. Especially since it looks like Lebron is why Kyrie left.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only common denominator with the Celtics and Nets is that Kyrie was being asked to be the #1 guy.

When KD gets healthy, I would surmise that these 'issues' will mysteriously disappear.

You'd hope so. But KD can get pretty deep in his feels too.

It should be pretty interesting to see how the chemistry works.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much agree with all of this. I will say one thing though...the Raptors that Lebron faced, were not the Raptors that won the title.

It would have been very interesting to see how Lebron's Cavs did against Kawhi's Raptors.
Agree.

To me, the biggest obstacle for the Raptors was mental.

They were beat before the ball went up on the opening tip.

That wouldn't happen with Kawhi.

I find the whole Kawhi vs. LeBron debate fascinating because it reminds me a ton of the Jordan vs. Kobe days.

Like Kawhi, Kobe didn't want to join Jordan, he wanted to annihilate him.

Like Kawhi, Kobe was better at some point because he caught Jordan on the way up, while Mike was on the way down.

I don't think Kawhi will be able to catch Lebron, Historically.

LeBron has been......this.....for a decade and a half.

So, I'd be ecstatic if he is even in the conversation of top 3 SF ever, when his career is said and done.

Kobe is #2 as a sg, not even debatable. Wade is a distant 3rd .

Not Grand Canyon divide. But, I don't see how a case could be made to put Flash ahead of him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry shooting isn't even that much better than Irvings. Problem with Irving is he is a headcase.

Imo, the reason that Curry is considered better is because we really haven't seen anything like him before. He's changed the game.

We've seen a lot of guys throughout NBA history that played a lot like Kyrie and Dame.

Folks are saying that Curry has basically made the center position in the NBA obsolete.

He also doesn't have the talent of guys like Kyrie and Dame, so kids who also don't have that talent (which is 99% of them) look at Curry and think they can make the NBA too.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing to the Broncos without Flacco can't happen. I expect them to win but the 2nd half schedule doesn't look as easy as it once did.

8-8 seems much more likely than 9-7 or 10-6 assuming they win Sunday
Teams like steelers as well as Buffalo (maybe Az) look a little better. But they faced the 2nd toughest schedule so far. From here on it's the second easiest.

But, yeah, lose to Denver and Freddie might be gone.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I literally quoted the post. It didn't say what you claimed.
And I literally told you in said post the 2041 referred to the quote to which HE replied. And the person my comment was meant for knew this.

But thanks for your input. Really.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, the reason that Curry is considered better is because we really haven't seen anything like him before. He's changed the game.

We've seen a lot of guys throughout NBA history that played a lot like Kyrie and Dame.

Folks are saying that Curry has basically made the center position in the NBA obsolete.

He also doesn't have the talent of guys like Kyrie and Dame, so kids who also don't have that talent (which is 99% of them) look at Curry and think they can make the NBA too.

I think I disagree with this, but I know what you're saying.
To me, he is the epitome of how the modern game should be played (according to analytics).

Agree with your last statement about not having as much talent, which makes what he does that much more impressive.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a significant difference between players and whole teams when discussing winning records.

In 20 years time we're going to look back at the amount of championships and see that the Cavs and Raptors both have one title (because who are we kidding, neither will have any more in the next couple of decades)

Are people seriously going to say the cavs were a significantly better team because they made 4 more trips to the finals?

Heck, the 1971 Bucks are 1 for 2 and i'll take that team over the 2015-18 Cavs every day of the week.
Yes, in fact, with no more titles any rational fan with no agenda would know the Cavs run was far better with their 3 extra trips to the Finals.

And let's add in the Cavs knocked out Toronto 3 times winning 12 of 14 games.

If you want to deflect to the future, great, but you made your comments in the present.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not trying to take sides or anything here...

I DO have to say that as Lakers fans we are kinda spoiled. we measure success straight up in titles and we're used to it. might be viewed as arrogant by some fan bases but some(I dare sy MOST) of us use that as our measuring stick. anything short of a title is a FAILURE. lol is what it is...

just puttin' it out there...
You mofos are annoying...lol

But, that's goalposts moving.

By that logic, the shitbird 90's Clippers were just as Successful as Malone's Jazz, Barkley's Suns, Kidd's Nets or Iverson's Sixers because they all ended up with the same amount of tiles.

Getting there doesn't count.

What logical individual would make that claim?...lol