• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-2020 Official Regular Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with being a ring chaser? Serious question

Yeah, I don't really care much for younger guys ring chasing (but they're doing it to certain extent anyway).

But the older guys like CP3 who just haven't been fortunate enough to ever be on a title team? Chase all you want.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well thats the thing this year---- the Pelicans (through the Hawks) get our first round pick if we are not one of the 10 worst teams.

I would agree that the incentives to tank are not what they used to be- but keeping the pick is important.

Now if they have a legit playoff chance and think that they are good to go because Sexton and Garland are looking great and osman is progressing and Thompson keeps this up and is going for 18 and 12 and shooting 60% from the field and blocking shots like a wild man- so much the better--- but the worst place to finish is like 9th or 10th in the East- especially if its right outside of keeping the pick.

Itll be interesting to see how it works out.

If they are on the playoff bubble, which would you prefer?
Going all out for the low seed?
Tank for the pick?
And if they tank, would you be ok if they do it by any means necessary? (sit key players, load management, etc.)

The trick is how do you get your younger players experience, but have the team lose.
This could be a key year for your 'process'.
As a Sixers fan, if we didn't have any realistic shot at winning it all, we kind of become conditioned to go for the best possible draft pick.

Just curious how you see it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol you are so salty

Lebron beating the first ever 73 win team in the history of the NBA

The Cavs becoming the first team ever to come back from 3-1

The Cavs only one of a few to win a game 7 on the road

Plus all the records they set including the most 3 pointers ever hit in a series

Everytime the record is brought up of who had the the best regular season record, this will be brought up

Yeah, that will just be a footnote lol

All Championships=the same number of championships, but people remembering or talking about them is vastly different

Stick to cooking
I mean- there is no question. The Cavs comeback was the greatest comeback in the history of the NBA. They did it against the team that has the all-time regular season wins record, they were down 3-1, all the pressure of Cleveland's ghosts of the past were on their backs. It was ridiculous. Especially how they won it--

you have the Cavs Big 3 each making all-time plays. LeBron with the greatest play of his career- the play that will be the hammer in every montage that is ever done of him--- jordan has "the shot"------ all you have to say is "the Block"- and you know exactly what it was - who did it- who it was against. It was the greatest play of LeBron's career bar-none.

On top of that you have Kyrie hitting one of, if not the biggest shot in the history of the NBA. A 3 pointer to put his team up in the closing of Game 7 on the road to finish off the greatest comeback in NBA history.

ON top of THAT- you have Kevin Love- torn down for his defensive work his entire career- taking on the 2 time reigning MVP- and absolutely shutting him down--- making him give the ball up---- and then brick a shot. Moving his feet like a freaking gazelle.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't really care much for younger guys ring chasing (but they're doing it to certain extent anyway).

But the older guys like CP3 who just haven't been fortunate enough to ever be on a title team? Chase all you want.

Exactly which is why I'm a bit disappointed in Vince. He should have been chasing rings for at least the last 5 years but he instead opted to play for teams that were not title contenders

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly which is why I'm a bit disappointed in Vince. He should have been chasing rings for at least the last 5 years but he instead opted to play for teams that were not title contenders

I kind of respect Vince because I think he's just a guy that wants to compete.
He'd rather play and lose than sit and win.
There's something noble about that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are on the playoff bubble, which would you prefer?
Going all out for the low seed?
Tank for the pick?
And if they tank, would you be ok if they do it by any means necessary? (sit key players, load management, etc.)

The trick is how do you get your younger players experience, but have the team lose.
This could be a key year for your 'process'.
As a Sixers fan, if we didn't have any realistic shot at winning it all, we kind of become conditioned to go for the best possible draft pick.

Just curious how you see it.
i think its a decision they make around the trade deadline. If what we have seen thus far is not fool's gold- and that the defense is improved and that they can make a run for the playoffs and feel that their young talent is good enough with 2 high lotto picks in Sexton and Garland and other first rounders in Porter and Windler and just sigining Osman and Nance-- and Love etc.......then-- if they are in position and its realistic I would say go for it.

If this is a mirage and they are really the defensive team we all expected them to be-- then at the trade deadline move the expiring contracts, give the young guys tons of PT and start pulling back the minutes of the vets.

the crucial thing is- this is not just about pick position- but whether they keep the pick at all. If its on the border- i would prefer they work to keep the pick- but if its clear that they have something with a great coaching hire in Beilein, and the young guys develop fast and Love and Thompson keep playing like they are playing- you cant cut the young guys legs out from under them and kill the vets hopes of making a run to make the playoffs.

its tough - it really is- especially because i have faith in this front office's drafting abilities. I really like the Sexton and Garland and Porter and Windler picks---- and they so badly need a young stud wing player.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Kyrie ever make a team better?

A friend and I were talking about that yesterday and were glad he didn't come to the Lakers.

His first season in Boston that team had fantastic chemistry...after they lost him for the season.

Last year, when he played all season, they're chemistry was pretty bad.

Last years Net, without Kyrie, everyone was talking about how great their chemistry was.

This year? They are having concerns about his moodiness.

I guess you could say he made the Cavs better with Lebron. But it looks like that might only be because Lebron kept him in check.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A friend and I were talking about that yesterday and were glad he didn't come to the Lakers.

His first season in Boston that team had fantastic chemistry...after they lost him for the season.

Last years Net, without Kyrie, everyone was talking about how great their chemistry was.

I guess you could say he made the Cavs better with Lebron. But it looks like that might only be because Lebron kept him in check.
more than LeBron it was Griffin and Lue and a great group of veterans like James Jones and Richard Jefferson and Kevin Love. If anything LeBron and Kyrie aggravated eachother.

The credit for keeping Kyrie's head on relatively straight def. goes to Lue and Griffin and guys like Jefferson and Jones and Perkins and Love and Thompson etc.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only common denominator with the Celtics and Nets is that Kyrie was being asked to be the #1 guy.

When KD gets healthy, I would surmise that these 'issues' will mysteriously disappear.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i’m not sure why he doesnt attempt 3’s when he looks like a sharpshooter in practice draining em. I will never understand it, ever

Probably mental.

Shaq used to shoot like 80-90% on his free throws in practice. But we all saw how well he shot them in games.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only common denominator with the Celtics and Nets is that Kyrie was being asked to be the #1 guy.

When KD gets healthy, I would surmise that these 'issues' will mysteriously disappear.

Yep

Some people (Tlance) tend to overate players (Curry) when they see a good team and don't understand basketball...Curry is no better than Irving when they both have a bad team. Pg's can't lead teams as the #1 guy, never have, never will

Irving, Cp3, Curry, Westbrook, Dlo, Lillard...Common denominator is none of them can lead a team as a #1 unless their is major injuries or something weird

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep

Some people (Tlance) tend to overate players (Curry) when they see a good team and don't understand basketball...Curry is no better than Irving when they both have a bad team. Pg's can't lead teams as the #1 guy, never have, never will
Curry is the better shooter (prob the best in NBA history) but Kyrie without a doubt is a better finisher and ball handler. Not even a question on that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmfao

Sure.

I suppose that a Clippers chip, if it ever happens, will be worth the same too.

For some, LeBron included, winning with a perennial bottom feeder elevated him to MJ status.

That's how bad the Cavs were, before and after, LeBron.

The Raps chip was Historic because it was the first out of the U.S.

I kinda look at it like the Heats first Chip with Shaq joining D Wade.

Kawhi will always be the guy who put them over the top, like Shaq.

But, I'd imagine Lowry and Siakam will get the D Wade love.

The Cavs whole run was LeBron.

Not even close to the same thing and the Raptors were never a threat to the Cavs as long as they had King James.

Quit while you're behind.

Pretty much agree with all of this. I will say one thing though...the Raptors that Lebron faced, were not the Raptors that won the title.

It would have been very interesting to see how Lebron's Cavs did against Kawhi's Raptors.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep

Irving, Cp3, Curry, Westbrook, Dlo, Lillard...Common denominator is none of them can lead a team as a #1 unless their is major injuries or something weird
yah.....

Lillard led his team to the conference finals with a roster that is not dis-similar to the current Warriors roster in a lot of ways. Depending on your thoughts on DLO anyway.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep

dang, why so much hate for Tlance...?:lol:

coach is a cool cat...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry is the better shooter (prob the best in NBA history) but Kyrie without a doubt is a better finisher and ball handler. Not even a question on that.

Curry shooting isn't even that much better than Irvings. Problem with Irving is he is a headcase.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am kinda worried with the Cavs having 2 wins already.....lol.......they g otta keep that pick.....

freaking Thompson 11/19 23 points, 10 boards and 5 blocks. only 1 turnover and 2 assists.

the Cavs are definitely lacking on wing players- which is the most important position in todays NBA----- but there is no doubt they have a legitimate NBA front court in Love, Thompson and Nance.

Yeah still lacking wings and defenders. Windler should help and Porter Jr's shot looks inconsistent but I want him attacking more, he is an atheltic body and one of the few guys that plays very good defense.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much agree with all of this. I will say one thing though...the Raptors that Lebron faced, were not the Raptors that won the title.

It would have been very interesting to see how Lebron's Cavs did against Kawhi's Raptors.

I would have liked to see that as well.

The raps got a much easier warriors team tho on the other hand