• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NFL Draft

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some names we might consider in RD 2

Landry: I doubt he drops 11 spots but if he does?
Dallas Goedert: TE South Dakota State big fella with a lot of upside
Justin Reid: S Stanford
Carter: OLB Georgia ( Wouldn't that be interesting
Isaiah Oliver: CB Colorado

Later in RD 2:
Mason Rudolph QB OSU I would not mind this pick with our first pick in round 2
Sam Hubbard DE OSU
Kyle Lauletta QB Richmond
Rasheem Green DE USC

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a solid pick did you see him play in college? He is really good.
I saw enough of him to make me concerned. Before I go into why, on the main board I had already said he was/ could be the back with the most talent after Barkley. But he concerned me. This was before NE selected him.

However, 1. It was NOT a position on need IMO. NE has 5 on the roster already. Maybe this will finally be Boldens curtain call? 2. He's already had a knee surgery or two. 3. He's already 23. 4. He had an issue with holding onto the ball.

He's quick, ctaches the ball ok and is a decent blocker. He'll probably do fine but I felt there were more pressing needs. I also liked Chubb a bigger punishing style back, Guise another big back with lots of potential ahead of Sony.

Oh well so much for fixing the D. I hope Josh Jackson drops to NE but I doubt it or maybe Justin Ried who's played corner, safety and nickel.

Then if somehow Ucheana Nwosu falls to NEs 2nd pick in the 2nd round that would be amazing.

Then it's reach for a DE or hope that a guy like Hubbard or Rasheem Green falls in your lap later on.

Plus NE has to go after a QB at some point. I'm hoping Lauletta but who knows where he'll go once teams start panicking on the 2nd tier of QBs?

I just don't like the over all feel of this one.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw enough of him to make me concerned. Before I go into why, on the main board I had already said he was/ could be the back with the most talent after Barkley. But he concerned me. This was before NE selected him.

However, 1. It was NOT a position on need IMO. NE has 5 on the roster already. Maybe this will finally be Boldens curtain call? 2. He's already had a knee surgery or two. 3. He's already 23. 4. He had an issue with holding onto the ball.

He's quick, ctaches the ball ok and is a decent blocker. He'll probably do fine but I felt there were more pressing needs. I also liked Chubb a bigger punishing style back, Guise another big back with lots of potential ahead of Sony.

Oh well so much for fixing the D. I hope Josh Jackson drops to NE but I doubt it or maybe Justin Ried who's played corner, safety and nickel.

Then if somehow Ucheana Nwosu falls to NEs 2nd pick in the 2nd round that would be amazing.

Then it's reach for a DE or hope that a guy like Hubbard or Rasheem Green falls in your lap later on.

Plus NE has to go after a QB at some point. I'm hoping Lauletta but who knows where he'll go once teams start panicking on the 2nd tier of QBs?

I just don't like the over all feel of this one.

I think there is still solid chance we can pick up pieces on D I am none to worried about that. Picking up Wynn and Michel will help an already potent offense. But I agree the D needs fixing we lost the SB not because we couldn't score but because we couldn't prevent them from scoring. Donte' will be back, Rivers returns, Valentine is back all this helps but the need is still there.

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly does someone gain this understanding?

Supposedly the same problem Jay Ajayi has. That is what made him fall in the draft in 2015
Taken from part of article when he went to eagles 5 concerns with new eagles RB Jay Ajayi

" The problem with Ajayi's right knee is no big secret. He fell to the fifth round of the draft in 2015 in large part because of the condition that some worried could prevent him from ever playing in the NFL. Others felt he would be able to play out his rookie contract with it, at best.

According to reports that emerged at the time of the draft, Ajayi's surgically repaired right knee is described as "bone on bone."

He also wasn't drafted in first round either.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly the same problem Jay Ajayi has. That is what made him fall in the draft in 2015
Taken from part of article when he went to eagles 5 concerns with new eagles RB Jay Ajayi

" The problem with Ajayi's right knee is no big secret. He fell to the fifth round of the draft in 2015 in large part because of the condition that some worried could prevent him from ever playing in the NFL. Others felt he would be able to play out his rookie contract with it, at best.

According to reports that emerged at the time of the draft, Ajayi's surgically repaired right knee is described as "bone on bone."

He also wasn't drafted in first round either.
My comment was regarding understanding the source not understanding the condition. CDum stated he understood a Dr said the comment. If the Dr spoke in Manderin, then CDum "understood" based on his translation, that would be accurate. If he heard a whisper in a dark alley then CDum "wink, wink, understood". I'm wondering the context of understood.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wynn pick made a lot of sense especially with the questions of what is happening health wise with the NE tackles. If they are healthy then he can kick into guard and still be a starter.

Michel though was a bit of a shock. On my personal board I had him I think 70th overall as a prospect. The guy has talent don't get me wrong but has two major issues...1) Fumbling. He had one of the worst fumbling rates of any RB entering this draft. 2) Teams took him off their board because of medical red flags. He has bone on bone in one of his knees and from what I understand had a doctor telling teams it is not a matter of if but when his knee gives out.

Sure would like to see a link about the Bone on Bone comment... I have Bone on Bone issues and there are gel injections that work to prevent that. As the fumbles I can't find the hard numbers to see if he's improved it over time or what. But I do like these stats.

http://uga.rivals.com/news/sony-michel-by-the-numbers-

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure would like to see a link about the Bone on Bone comment... I have Bone on Bone issues and there are gel injections that work to prevent that. As the fumbles I can't find the hard numbers to see if he's improved it over time or what. But I do like these stats.

http://uga.rivals.com/news/sony-michel-by-the-numbers-

I just read an article that stated 12 fumbles in 4 years but half were as a fresheman, and 2 each other year.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read an article that stated 12 fumbles in 4 years but half were as a fresheman, and 2 each other year.
Okay so that means it's a facet of his game that he made efforts to improve upon, not sure how that with stats I posted make this a bad selection. As some might seem to indicate. I did not see the need for a RB but I don't look to far into who is FA next year blaa blaaa blaaaa. But if the organization felt the need to take a RB this is the back I would have preferred, even over Barkley

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michel has a bum knee, the Patriots medical staff has a really good record in repairing these types of problems. Bill has previously brougt in guys that have needed surgery and missed year one only to be terrific for several years following.

While I thought BB might grab Connor Williams from texas, my sense of this is that maybe Shaq mason and Joe Thuney might be walking in two years. mason will certainly want a huge pay check.If the Pats can't hold on to them, then Wynn will most likely switch inside.

If Williams is available at #43, I won't be shocked if BB grabs him.

What I think will happen is that Landry or Hubbard will be available at #43 and Bill will grab which ever one is there. At #63 he'll take Lauletta or Falk. If they're gone, he'll grab someone like Mike White.

Don't be shocked if he deals #43. He'll move down to the 60's and pick up a 4th and 5th round pick. That'll force us all to watch the entire daay today and tomorrow of the draft.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The San Francisco 49ers are trading offensive tackle Trent Brown and the No. 143 overall pick to the New England Patriots in exchange for the No. 95 overall pick, according to league sources. The deal is pending a physical.

Brown, who is coming off season-ending shoulder surgery, flew to Foxborough on Thursday to undergo the physical Friday. When healthy, he is regarded as one of the premier pass-blocking offensive tackles in the league.

Brown's contract expires after this season and the 49ers were looking for a more physical run-blocking tackle, which is why Brown became expendable in San Francisco. On Thursday night, the 49ers used the ninth pick in the 2018 first round on Notre Dame offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey, who is expected to take over as the starter at right tackle.

After using their top 2018 NFL draft choice on Georgia offensive lineman Isaiah Wynn, the Patriots have added two players that project to contribute along the offensive line this season.

Brown, who entered the NFL as a seventh-round pick in 2015, has played in 31 games with 28 starts at right tackle. The 25-year-old enters the last year of his contract and is scheduled to earn a base salary of $1.9 million.

The 6-foot-8, 355-pound Brown landed on injured reserve last December with a shoulder injury that required surgery.

Sources: Pats to acquire OT Brown from 49ers

Last edited:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Michel has a bum knee, the Patriots medical staff has a really good record in repairing these types of problems. Bill has previously brougt in guys that have needed surgery and missed year one only to be terrific for several years following.

While I thought BB might grab Connor Williams from texas, my sense of this is that maybe Shaq mason and Joe Thuney might be walking in two years. mason will certainly want a huge pay check.If the Pats can't hold on to them, then Wynn will most likely switch inside.

What I think will happen is that Landry or Hubbard will be available at #43 and Bill will grab which ever one is there. At #63 he'll take Lauletta or Falk. If they're gone, he'll grab someone like Mike White.

Don't be shocked if he deals #43. He'll move down to the 60's and pick up a 4th and 5th round pick. That'll force us all to watch the entire daay today and tomorrow of the draft.
Do you have any of the repair job guys at the top of your head?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The San Francisco 49ers and New England Patriots have agreed on a trade that will send offensive tackle Trent Brown to New England along with an exchange of draft picks, according to a report from Field Yates of ESPN.

The trade, according to Yates, will send Brown and a fifth-round pick (pick 143 overall) to New England in exchange for a third-round pick (95th overall). The deal is pending a physical.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You'll be forced... The drama and suspense of it just doesn't lure me in... Last night I kept checking in, but I wasn't fully engaged.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The San Francisco 49ers are trading offensive tackle Trent Brown and the No. 143 overall pick to the New England Patriots in exchange for the No. 95 overall pick, according to league sources. The deal is pending a physical.

Brown, who is coming off season-ending shoulder surgery, flew to Foxborough on Thursday to undergo the physical Friday. When healthy, he is regarded as one of the premier pass-blocking offensive tackles in the league.

Brown's contract expires after this season and the 49ers were looking for a more physical run-blocking tackle, which is why Brown became expendable in San Francisco. On Thursday night, the 49ers used the ninth pick in the 2018 first round on Notre Dame offensive tackle Mike McGlinchey, who is expected to take over as the starter at right tackle.

After using their top 2018 NFL draft choice on Georgia offensive lineman Isaiah Wynn, the Patriots have added two players that project to contribute along the offensive line this season.

Brown, who entered the NFL as a seventh-round pick in 2015, has played in 31 games with 28 starts at right tackle. The 25-year-old enters the last year of his contract and is scheduled to earn a base salary of $1.9 million.

The 6-foot-8, 355-pound Brown landed on injured reserve last December with a shoulder injury that required surgery.

Well if this pans out then that means these two round two picks are precious stock to the Pats. With needs @ DE / LB and CB and maybe QB in round two I wonder where the Pats go.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Boom or bust pickup for the Pats and the trade itself is a fair deal for both sides.

Has a lot of talent but comes with some red flags. Constantly shows up to offseason programs overweight and not great when it comes to the classroom aspect either.

If the Pats can maximize his talents he'll be a real gem for the Pats though.

For the 9ers they are moving on from him partly due to those red flags but mainly due to Brown not being a fit at all for Shanahan's offensive scheme. He also reportedly is looking for left tackle money so with all that combined he just wasn't going to have a future with the team.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Brown is a Right Tackle. Can he play left? Or will Marcus Cannon switch to the left side. Or better yet, is Garcia doing so well in the off season that he's pretty much got the Left Tackle job sewed up and Brown will take over at Right Tackle? OL all of a sudden has a bunch of bodies. Is there a group of five that can protect Tom Brady for an entire 19 game season??

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter Asnis, MD. Orthopedic Surgeon
Chief of Sports Medicine
Mass. General Hospital

NE Patriots Team Physician
HaHa.... No, I mean examples of the guys who BB brought in and repaired. I'm just curious about to whom you were referring.