• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will probably be more of a defensive switching thing with the Lakers. Obviously the scoring punch shifts towards the 5 instead of the backcourt. There is potential there in Zo/Hart/Ingram/Kuzma around Lebron that many teams could have issues defending them. Clearly not at the level of the Warriors, but that roster is borderline illegal LOL.
I know.

I'm just being a hater....lol

I think the Lakers will finish anywhere from 3-6 and tap out in the 2nd round.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair this analogy is not perfect. In sports your job is literally to beat the other teams, so if you leave a team to join the team that just beat you that can be seen as soft. As has been mentioned, KD joins the Wizards and he doesn't get this kind of shit. He also of course doesn't win any rings. Also, most companies have far more than 5-12 employees, and a superstar transforms a team.

Not perfect, but the restaurant analogy is damn close. You want to "beat" other restaurants and adding a Michelin star chef can absolutely transform a restaurant.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.

You just did the Lakers like KD did McCollum.

#savage
I am clearly displaying asshole-like symptoms.

I'm just sad that the days of the Lakers doing the Clippers like this on the regular are back upon us...

giphy.gif

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not perfect, but the restaurant analogy is damn close. You want to "beat" other restaurants and adding a Michelin star chef can absolutely transform a restaurant.

But do restaurants have 'fans' the same way teams do? I mean in some ways sure, but is a fan of a restaurant gonna feel personally hurt if a chef leaves for a competitor?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But do restaurants have 'fans' the same way teams do? I mean in some ways sure, but is a fan of a restaurant gonna feel personally hurt if a chef leaves for a competitor?

Yes actually. Folks who are regulars, especially if they show up for a specific chef can be considered "fans". The one difference is that, if a chef moves to a restaurant that is close enough by, the regulars will just go there.

But if they move to a restaurant that isn't close by, the "fans" would be a bit upset. Especially if they take their recipes with them or the new chef doesn't make them as well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair this analogy is not perfect. In sports your job is literally to beat the other teams, so if you leave a team to join the team that just beat you that can be seen as soft. As has been mentioned, KD joins the Wizards and he doesn't get this kind of shit. He also of course doesn't win any rings. Also, most companies have far more than 5-12 employees, and a superstar transforms a team. If you leave to join Google, unless you are Elon Musk you aren't moving the needle much.

I'm with you, players should do what they like. Right now they've decided teaming up for rings is the way to go. Fans have a right to feel however they want about it but that's the state of the sport right now.

This article is a good one, I posted it in its own thread: Oh, You Won Your Ring On A Superteam? Big Deal

No, it is exactly the same.

Because in business it is literally your job to produce a better product/service than your competition.

So, if you leave your job for a better opportunity at a bigger company, you are a bitch.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Food!!!!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it is exactly the same.

Because in business it is literally your job to produce a better product/service than your competition.

So, if you leave your job for a better opportunity at a bigger company, you are a bitch.

Look I'm not one of the haters, I'm just trying to see the other side a bit. Businesses don't have fans the way sports does. Winning rings is different than going to another restaurant and making good food. All I'm saying.

But I agree players can do what they want and fans need to tone down the bitch/soft stuff. This is the modern NBA.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes actually. Folks who are regulars, especially if they show up for a specific chef can be considered "fans". The one difference is that, if a chef moves to a restaurant that is close enough by, the regulars will just go there.

But if they move to a restaurant that isn't close by, the "fans" would be a bit upset. Especially if they take their recipes with them or the new chef doesn't make them as well.

Yeah weird. I've loved restaurants but quit going to them once they changed ownership or changed chefs. The food wasn't the same and wasn't worth going to anymore.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know.

I'm just being a hater....lol

I think the Lakers will finish anywhere from 3-6 and tap out in the 2nd round.
Being bitchy...

*Goes to tHoop store to get some Midol and prepare the bunker.*

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I'm not one of the haters, I'm just trying to see the other side a bit. Businesses don't have fans the way sports does. Winning rings is different than going to another restaurant and making good food. All I'm saying.

But I agree players can do what they want and fans need to tone down the bitch/soft stuff. This is the modern NBA.

I'm talking again about job satisfaction. Is the player entitled to any or is that removed because he's a professional athlete?

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friday is the last day of this smoothie and water diet.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking again about job satisfaction. Is the player entitled to any or is that removed because he's a professional athlete?

I'm not the one who disagrees. Of course they are.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey- I totally agree with you that he should be able to do what he wants to do---- but us as fans, evaluating the sport, can absolutely deride him for making the choices that he makes. If he made the choice that made him the most happy then good for him- he absolutely has that right. But, as a fan, I have every right to think he is soft for making that decision. I am a fan- I am not grading it on what was best for Kevin Durant personally- I quite frankly could give a fuck. I care how it effects the sport as a fan and how it fits in with everything else in the NBA. When I am evaluating it- I am thinking about the sport- not what was personally best for Kevin Durant- and no fan should be expected to grade it any other way than that.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only in professional sports is job satisfaction totally irrelevant. LOL.

Oh you want to leave your job to work for Google? They're offering you the highest salary in your field and you get a great job satisfaction. No, you stay with your company otherwise you're a bitch.

Oh you're a chef and want to leave your successful restaurant to work in a Michelin star restaurant? No you'd be a snake for that. They're already a damn Michelin star restaurant, the hell they need you for? They're just ruining the restaurant industry.

Oh you and your coworkers aren't meshing and management hasn't found a way to make it work? That's totally your fault pal. Don't leave for a better opportunity because the customers will hate it. You owe it to them to stay and hate your job.

He joined a team that he couldn't beat and choked against. That's all that needs to be said. I bet you be singing a different tune if the dubs lost to the Thunder and Klay was a free agent and left the Warriors to sign with the Thunder.

Second this is about competition. KD def is a snake for taking the easy route. He couldn't handle the pressure as evident by choking game 6.

Third no Michelin star restaurant is hiring just any chef.. especially one that works at Red Lobster.