• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT crazy about a 6'8" CENTER, but i guess we'll see where it goes...
When I saw that him at the 5 for the so called death lineup was the plan......

Ummm, wow....

How the fuck you gonna have a death lineup without lethal players?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, meant to say imo...

stupid phone...
I agree with you that Kevin Love is over-rated/valued more than he is worth - but the Cavaliers have no choice if they want to make the playoffs and with that move they should do that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I saw that him at the 5 for the so called death lineup was the plan......

Ummm, wow....

How the fuck you gonna have a death lineup without lethal players?
maybe death to scoring the basketball? :noidea:?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem I see the Lakers having in this match up is Hou wouldn't even need CP3 to be great. If they manage to keep Capela especially. I think the lakers perimeter defense that you mentioned would be greatly tested against this team - they shoot more 3's per game than many teams not named the Warriors combined. Having to defend that for 48 minutes makes for some heavy legs in the 2nd half of the game.

Agree with most of this, that's why I think the Rockets would win. As for defending the 3...that's the advantage of young legs.

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if he will get better shots. The teams that defend well don't typically double LBJ & there aren't other shooters around him that would demand a double or triple team so...

Virtually everyone doubles Lebron for at least part of the game. They also will collapse when he goes to the basket.

Who did the Lakers have last year that demanded double teams? Yet Ingram was able to get good enough looks to shoot 47% from the field and 39% from 3.

With the attention Lebron demands, he'll get better looks.

The Lakers have plenty of playmakers that can't be left alone and their 3 point shooting isn't likely to be as bad as last season.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...lol

Even though KD is right, CJ kinda have to fight this mofo...lol

KD: “Why are you mad about this stuff?” CM: “Bro, I’m in the league. What do you mean why am I mad about this stuff? I’m in the Western Conference. I gotta play you MFers all the time anyway as it is, over and over again. We got eliminated by y’all a few times in the first round. So I’m looking at [Cousins] — KD: “I mean… you know you guys aren’t going to win a championship.” CM: “Bro, we have the team. We have the capabilities. Anything is possible. We can win a championship, bro.”

CM: “So, what do you suggest?” KD: “I suggest you just keep playing, man, and don’t worry about what goes on at the top of things. Relax.” CM: “We were right there at the top of things. We were the third seed last year, bro. We were right there. We were just slightly below one and two.” KD: “But how’d you play?” CM: “Some unfortunate situations happened in the first round.” KD: “How’d you play?” CM: “Some unfortunate circumstances.” KD: “Like an eight seed.”

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn...lol

KD: “Why are you mad about this stuff?” CM: “Bro, I’m in the league. What do you mean why am I mad about this stuff? I’m in the Western Conference. I gotta play you MFers all the time anyway as it is, over and over again. We got eliminated by y’all a few times in the first round. So I’m looking at [Cousins] — KD: “I mean… you know you guys aren’t going to win a championship.” CM: “Bro, we have the team. We have the capabilities. Anything is possible. We can win a championship, bro.”

CM: “So, what do you suggest?” KD: “I suggest you just keep playing, man, and don’t worry about what goes on at the top of things. Relax.” CM: “We were right there at the top of things. We were the third seed last year, bro. We were right there. We were just slightly below one and two.” KD: “But how’d you play?” CM: “Some unfortunate situations happened in the first round.” KD: “How’d you play?” CM: “Some unfortunate circumstances.” KD: “Like an eight seed.”

This is why the NBA is the best sports league. It never stops. This right here is the same thing they say to each other on the court

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow......:eek:

That's a fucking brutal price to dump a contract.

Maybe next year ala expiring Melo contract to the Hawks?

On the Lakers Nation podcast, Keith Smith of Real GM spoke about what he heard from teams about their asking price, and it was steep:

“I asked them, ‘Well what were you asking for?’ and they said, ‘Well we wanted one of Ingram, Ball, Hart, at a minimum Kuzma, and we wanted another first-round pick, or give us two kids and no pick, or two first-round picks.’ But the two first-round picks, that was a little less desirable for those teams because those are going to be late-20s picks, just any team with LeBron that’s where you’re gonna be. So it really turned into, you’re giving up at least one of the kids plus a first-round pick or two of the kids and that was just to get off Deng’s money.”

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...lol

He is defintely right.

You can't call yourselves contenders after you get swept in the first round. That doesn't happen to a real contender.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is defintely right.

You can't call yourselves contenders after you get swept in the first round. That doesn't happen to a real contender.

Well as a player on a team who just finished 3rd in the west, you're always going to think there is a chance that you can win a title. Considering the fact that CJ actually plays for Portland, I have no issue with him thinking that way even if they did get knocked out in round 1. Now if he was just a fan then that's different.

KD talking down to players is hilarious considering he had to join a 73 win team to start winning titles. Fuck that guy