• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 NBA offseason

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because no one gave him a chance and the one team that did...can't re-sign him if he looks to be back to at least close to his previous level.

Literally, anywhere he goes besides the Warriors will be to a team that didn't take a chance on him.
Well geesh!!! :dhd:

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lastly, and MOST importantly imo, is that 2020 is the year that they're set to move into the Chase Center Arena. They'll need all the momentum they can get to keep up the hype of the new arena and fill up all the personal seat licensing and secure endorsement deals. There's so much money to be had if the Warriors are the actual defending champions while moving into there, instead of just another top tier contender.
An additional supporting factor here is that the cap is going to rise to $116m for the 2020 season. Thus, providing more options to all teams.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from the one that quoted a handful of my posts the other day with the assumption I said LBJ went to LA to quit on his team.

#PotCallingTheKettleBlack

You do realise it's not personal, right?

I was simply commenting on something I disagreed with.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No only you'll think he'll look like a "colossal asshole" because you're pissed he left. You ain't fooling anyone wiggy. You never said a negative word about him until he went to the Lakers. And now all of the sudden you're being critical about him? Too damn funny.
ill bet you as much vcash as youd like that i could find plenty of posts of me being critical of lebron

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. You are too emotional to see how it looks to most observers. And understandably so.

If he doesn't win a title ever again it won't help him much but most fans already think of him as a guy unafraid to change teams. Astute observers know LA is ready to strike in one more year.
they might be if they get someone- but that is far from guaranteed as we are currently seeing- and its not like the clock is limitless

dudes 34 about a month into the season.

Say- the GSW are together for 2 more seasons- the Big 4- before they are broken up...which i think is fairly feasible from the discussions we have had.

In his age 36 season he will need help- we have yet to see him get NEAR enough- while they have cap space next year- that does not mean someone has to take or- or if a guy that takes it, like a Cousins, will be a good fit.

How good would the Lakers offseason next year have to be to put talent on the Lakeres like Kyrie/Love or Bosh/Wade? it would ahve to be extraordinary

and right now- i think its less likely then likely- as Kyrie and Butler i think go to New York together---- that leaves Klay who you and Sushi tell me is overwhelmingly likely to stay in GSW.

that leaves Kawhi ---- who- who the hell knows--- and Cousins-- or trades like DeRozan, Beale etc.

How do the Lakers get to enough talent to win a title before LeBron starts declining, while keeping in mind Golden State blocks them pretty much no matter waht anyway for the next 2 years.

That probably leaves a window for LeBron in his age 36 and 37 season- IF the Lakers get a bunch of talent to surround him with- and IF he stays healthy, and If he doesnt decline that much.
a lot of ifs

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they might be if they get someone- but that is far from guaranteed as we are currently seeing- and its not like the clock is limitless

Say- the GSW are together for 2 more seasons- the Big 4- before they are broken up...which i think is fairly feasible from the discussions we have had.

In his age 36 season he will need help- we have yet to see him get NEAR enough- while they have cap space next year- that does not mean someone has to take or- or if a guy that takes it, like a Cousins, will be a good fit.

How good would the Lakers offseason next year have to be to put talent on the Lakeres like Kyrie/Love or Bosh/Wade? it would ahve to be extraordinary

and right now- i think its less likely then likely- as Kyrie and Butler i think go to New York together---- that leaves Klay who you and Sushi tell me is overwhelmingly likely to stay in GSW.

that leaves Kawhi ---- who- who the hell knows--- and Cousins-- or trades like DeRozan, Beale etc.

How do the Lakers get to enough talent to win a title before LeBron starts declining, while keeping in mind Golden State blocks them pretty much no matter waht anyway for the next 2 years.

That probably leaves a window for LeBron in his age 36 and 37 season- IF the Lakers get a bunch of talent to surround him with- and IF he stays healthy, and If he doesnt decline that much.
a lot of ifs
Tl;Dr
There's always a lot of ifs. There's no guarantees for anyone including the Warriors, who came pretty close to losing in the conference finals this year.

My point stands. leBron has a better chance of winning a ring in the next 4 years in LA than he would have staying in Cleveland. This is kind of beyond question. If you truly cared about his legacy you'd want him to be the only player ever to lead 3 teams to a title. If he gets 2 more with LA, heck maybe even one more, dude is at least co-GOAT

Facts.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Butler and Kyrie will play together.

I have been on the record since day 1 saying i think Kawhi goes to the *Sixers

I ahve been told how stupid i am over and over for saying I dont think the Warriors will keep Klay.

who goes to LA next summer, gun to your head, if you had to guess Mecca?
Ugh.....

Gun to my head, Kawhi and Kemba.

A couple of the kiddie corps get shipped to Charlotte.

Klay comes up for an extension before Dray.

So, I think he stays.

Reactions: LAD

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey i totally admit- i didnt think he would go there alone. I was DEFINITELY wrong about that.

but as to my question....

You have LeBron still in his prime (for at least another year or two). Is that title or bust?
LeBron has 3 years of prime left.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a lot of ifs

"LeBron won't come to the Lakers IF they don't another superstar to go with him"

"IF LeBron goes to LA, Magic will trade every player on the roster to please him and get another star"

I wonder who said that?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T-Wolves should try and trade Butler

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the roster he took to the finals last year and compare that to this year's Lakers.
Yeah...But, you are in the West.

The Cavs would have been out in the first round if they played out West.

The Lakers are a 2nd round out...imo

Baby steps....

Getting to the Playoffs, getting that experience is step 1.

Next year, if you get a max guy, you guys will be true contenders.

Why you trying to run before you learn how to crawl?...lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...But, you are in the West.

The Cavs would have been out in the first round if they played out West.

The Lakers are a 2nd round out...imo

Baby steps....

Getting to the Playoffs, getting that experience is step 1.

Next year, if you get a max guy, you guys will be true contenders.

Why you trying to run before you learn how to crawl?...lol

2nd round exit sounds realistic. I think most Lakers fans would be happy with that. WCF could happen if a lot of things go the right way.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Green is more important to GS than Thompson. Green facilitates that offense more than anybody else....Thompson is a very nice shooter and defender but I think he's more replaceable than Green. Just my 2 cents.
...and you are correct.

But, it's a matter of timing.

Draymond is under contract next Season.

So, they don't have to make that choice now.

They can sign Klay and worry about it the year after.

Imo.....Dray is the guy that's least likely to take a haircut in pay.

So, if the tax is to steep, they won't have any issues trading Klay if he has multiple years left on his deal.

He's not leaving the Warriors unless it's by their choice.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round exit sounds realistic. I think most Lakers fans would be happy with that. WCF could happen if a lot of things go the right way.
Yup....totally agree.

Who knows....

Maybe the Dubs and Rockets face off before the WCF.

If that happens?

Yeah....