• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 mock draft thread

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With or without Kirk, if Vea is there he needs to be the pick. This team needs to get off the QB chase.

If they let Kirk walk, Pick Vea, start McCoy and Draft Rudolph in the 3rd round if he is there. Yes I know it would likely cost Gruden his job. But fix the defense, and maybe, just maybe we can find our own Special QB some day without taking it in the ass trying to get him.
One logical way to build resources. Does Rudolph last until the 3rd? I really like the Vea pick (hope he is still there) for the middle of our defense. Would be a great start to the draft.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One logical way to build resources. Does Rudolph last until the 3rd? I really like the Vea pick (hope he is still there) for the middle of our defense. Would be a great start to the draft.

Oh I will be frank here. I dont think getting rid of Cousins at this time is logical at all. But if they are dead set on moving in another direction, and knowing you have also basically made Gruden into a lame duck coach at this point. This would be the least insane of the possible directions they could go.

Rudolph being there or not doesnt matter. If the primary focus in this draft is finding Cousins replacement, we are already locked into a course that will probably fail.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I will be frank here. I dont think getting rid of Cousins at this time is logical at all. But if they are dead set on moving in another direction, and knowing you have also basically made Gruden into a lame duck coach at this point. This would be the least insane of the possible directions they could go.

Rudolph being there or not doesnt matter. If the primary focus in this draft is finding Cousins replacement, we are already locked into a course that will probably fail.

Do you think it logical if there is such a large gap between what the team is offering and what Kirk is asking that a LTD is impossible? In other words does another tag make sense this year?

When painting a floor there are times to course correct prior to painting oneself into a corner, those opportunities are long past a point where there's a course to correct IMHO.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a huge KC fan. That being said, if we have no intention of ever giving this man a fair deal, let him walk. It is that simple. We should not allow him to count 35million against this year’s cap.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think it logical if there is such a large gap between what the team is offering and what Kirk is asking that a LTD is impossible? In other words does another tag make sense this year?

When painting a floor there are times to course correct prior to painting oneself into a corner, those opportunities are long past a point where there's a course to correct IMHO.

Another tag makes no sense. How ever I think that the real issue isn't will Kirk sign a long term deal, or will he be the highest paid player in the NFL (for a moment). I think we are where we have been since 2016. That being Kirk is the steady piece until they find the hotness they want. They know it, he knows it.

As such, its going to take the big house to convince Kirk they are not still out cruising the club.

But to use your floor thing. Once you realize you are in the corner, do you just wait. Or tear down a wall and try building the house again??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he will get tagged again

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he will get tagged again

The problem with another tag is it still leaves us in the air as far as draft direction. Say we tag him, and no one makes him an offer. Draft rolls around and we haven't signed him long term. Do we make a move for a QB, or take the D-lineman/O-lineman or what ever makes the team better.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another tag makes no sense. How ever I think that the real issue isn't will Kirk sign a long term deal, or will he be the highest paid player in the NFL (for a moment). I think we are where we have been since 2016. That being Kirk is the steady piece until they find the hotness they want. They know it, he knows it.

As such, its going to take the big house to convince Kirk they are not still out cruising the club.

But to use your floor thing. Once you realize you are in the corner, do you just wait. Or tear down a wall and try building the house again??

Personally, I really don't care how much he signs for (my mantra has been half ownership) with or without him we'll all move on but it will take some longer than others to go through the mourning period. I knew that they were missing the last opportunity to not paint themselves in that corner when they didn't get the deal done in 2015.

That said, the obvious answer is wait until the paint dries, finish the corner then take on a new project. Unfortunately, Bruce in that corner and that wall is a very inviting target, because if you ask him, he'll tell you that tearing down the wall, after being cornered is a clever way to escape. Sadly, there are just enough people to buy ,hook, line and sinker, for his BS.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just wondering,,,

Would it be not as exciting to be drafted earlier in the first round?

I can see it now: Rudolph who was drafted as the 6th pick overall, stated that "he was saddened to be drafted when he was." He continued with, "My childhood dream was to be drafted by Washington, now I guess I'll have to settle for this team instead, God hates me!!"

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wondering,,,

Would it be not as exciting to be drafted earlier in the first round?

I can see it now: Rudolph who was drafted as the 6th pick overall, stated that "he was saddened to be drafted when he was." He continued with, "My childhood dream was to be drafted by Washington, now I guess I'll have to settle for this team instead, God hates me!!"

Actually kinda makes me wonder who his agent is. Kid is viewed by most as a 2-3rd round pick.

Nothing will get you drafted in the first round faster than duping Bruce Allen though.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, so will I and I hope both sides do what's best for the organization. Bruce & Co need to up the ante for sure, KC needs to look around and understand he WILL need help. He knows upgrades are needed at WR, RB & LG. He also knows his defense is not very good with additions needed at DL, ILB, OLB & S. Can the 2 sides make it work? I think they can but both sides will have to concede somewhat. When KC signs his LTD with the Redskins, both sides need to understand its not SB or bust next year. It's a process to build around your QB to the best of your organizational ability to become that perennial contender. Just my 2 cents.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and these spread qbs. Just can't help yourself can you

Oh come on, we all know that should the Skins draft Lamar Jackson, this would be you...

UdOEOawi.jpg