• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 mock draft thread

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See, I think Jay was a Bruce hire. The Tampa connections and all. I think that's why Jay has gotten more rope than most, got the extension, won the war with RG3. Bruce desperately wants Jay to succeed in the same way they wanted RG3 to succeed. Jay would jump out of a window.

The thing is Jay loves him some Colt McCoy. You could make an argument that Lamar is a souped-up version of Colt. I will say this. If Jackson goes to the right team, with the right system in place, I think he'll do well.

It kills me to hear that about Jay Gruden. We had another coach here who thought he could plug in anybody and be successful with Gregg Williams.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It kills me to hear that about Jay Gruden. We had another coach here who thought he could plug in anybody and be successful with Gregg Williams.
Beck and Grossman

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Da'Ron Payne NT Alabama
2. Running Back in order of availability
Sony Michel Georgia
Darius Guice LSU
Ronald Jones II USC
Nick Chubb Georgia

4. D.J. Chark WR LSU

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wide Receiver I feel is a need and we could land the #1 on the board

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now since this is the mock draft thread lets get back to mocks

her is my post sr bowl /CDC trade

1) vita vea NT 6-5 350 , this should solve the elusive NT problem for years to come he could be the next great NT . if gone the payne would be my move followed by smith at ILB

2) will hernadez LG 6-2 342 should be a plug and play LG for 10 years . this would allow us to sign Long at a reasonable price and he can start at center /or LG till he is ready , and be a viable BU o/lineman with little drop off from the starter

4) Kalen Ballage RB 6-3 230 , great athlete , can catch the ball finds the end zone and is good in pass pro . i think he will drop not because of talent on his part but because qb /rb / wr /d/line is so deep

5 ) Mike White qb , 6-4 225lbs i like the fact that he does little qb things well , looks off dbs, read defenses . he has a very good arm and nice size . . would be a perfect guy to groom when CDC moves on . the kind from Richmond lielauta is just as good and would be a good pick too

6) deshawn Hand 6-3 282lb DE , never lived up to potential at AL , he looked good at sr bowl before hand injury . he is projected to go between rounds 5-7 at this point so i slotted hin in round 6

7) requan Smith wr 6-1 205 , runs decent routes and makes plays , perhaps a season of seasoning and he can fill the ryan grant role .
7) Jack Cichy 6-2 238 ILB , tore ACL and missed last season and surprisingly declared for the draft as an underclassman . has good range and tackles well worth a 7th round flier

this is before the combine so people will rise and some will fall (like ballage or hand or hernandez, and white )

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) vita vea NT 6-5 350 , this should solve the elusive NT problem for years to come he could be the next great NT . if gone the payne would be my move followed by smith at ILB

2) will hernadez LG 6-2 342 should be a plug and play LG for 10 years . this would allow us to sign Long at a reasonable price and he can start at center /or LG till he is ready , and be a viable BU o/lineman with little drop off from the starter

4) Kalen Ballage RB 6-3 230 , great athlete , can catch the ball finds the end zone and is good in pass pro . i think he will drop not because of talent on his part but because qb /rb / wr /d/line is so deep

5 ) Mike White qb , 6-4 225lbs i like the fact that he does little qb things well , looks off dbs, read defenses . he has a very good arm and nice size . . would be a perfect guy to groom when CDC moves on . the kind from Richmond lielauta is just as good and would be a good pick too

6) deshawn Hand 6-3 282lb DE , never lived up to potential at AL , he looked good at sr bowl before hand injury . he is projected to go between rounds 5-7 at this point so i slotted hin in round 6

7) requan Smith wr 6-1 205 , runs decent routes and makes plays , perhaps a season of seasoning and he can fill the ryan grant role .
7) Jack Cichy 6-2 238 ILB , tore ACL and missed last season and surprisingly declared for the draft as an underclassman . has good range and tackles well worth a 7th round flier

this is before the combine so people will rise and some will fall (like ballage or hand or hernandez, and white )

NIce Mock, IM feeling Payne over Vea though by a hair.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really like this mock. Payne over Vea imo. Ballage and White seem like real value. It all depends on FA (Logan)but if Smith and Payne are there at 13, that could go down to the last second for me. That would be tough.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really like this mock. Payne over Vea imo. Ballage and White seem like real value. It all depends on FA (Logan)but if Smith and Payne are there at 13, that could go down to the last second for me. That would be tough.
we have some good options for sure

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like the NT pick. We really need some help inside. Watch out for Tim Settle (VT) here too. A NoVa kid who is underrated and could probably be had in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

FWIW, MccShay was quite high on Ballage on the podcast.

I like Hand that late too. Another Woodbridge kid who has a high ceiling.

I prefer Lieuleta over Smith.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the NT pick. We really need some help inside. Watch out for Tim Settle (VT) here too. A NoVa kid who is underrated and could probably be had in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

FWIW, MccShay was quite high on Ballage on the podcast.

I like Hand that late too. Another Woodbridge kid who has a high ceiling.

I prefer Lieuleta over Smith.

settle is in the mix later if we dont get payne or vea , like him

lieulatta is just as good as White so i cant argue that

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

remember we Settle is in the mix later as well

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job dad .. I favor Lielauta ... but they are probably about the same draft level.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why you guys want Payne over Vea. Vea is the better interior player. Plus Payne is a poors mans Allen to me. I don't see Paynes upside as a pass rusher mor of a run stuffer to me. So if you want a run stuffer Vea should be the better player.

Are any of you guys thin James at #13? This kid as a lot of talent. We need a safety

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why you guys want Payne over Vea. Vea is the better interior player. Plus Payne is a poors mans Allen to me. I don't see Paynes upside as a pass rusher mor of a run stuffer to me. So if you want a run stuffer Vea should be the better player.

Are any of you guys thin James at #13? This kid as a lot of talent. We need a safety

Vita Vea reminds me of Danny Shelton... not quite a bust but also not living up to draft position

Payne reminds me more of Casey Hampton with a little bit of Jay Ratliff.

Payne and Allen are nothing alike. Payne will play in 315-320 and Allen will play in the 280-290

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You did predict Moses so .....

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know that everyone is focused on DL at pick 13, but the choice at that spot will definitely be a safety, specifically, one of these guys. My choice in order is:

1. Ronnie Harrison, Alabama

2. Derwin James, Florida State

3. Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama (he won't make it to 13)

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita Vea reminds me of Danny Shelton... not quite a bust but also not living up to draft position

Payne reminds me more of Casey Hampton with a little bit of Jay Ratliff.

Payne and Allen are nothing alike. Payne will play in 315-320 and Allen will play in the 280-290

I didn't know Payne was that big. I will rescout.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that everyone is focused on DL at pick 13, but the choice at that spot will definitely be a safety, specifically, one of these guys. My choice in order is:

1. Ronnie Harrison, Alabama

2. Derwin James, Florida State

3. Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama (he won't make it to 13)

I agree but don't you think Harrison is too high at #13?