• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 mock draft thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see him getting released or at the very least a 2019 pick. I know I'm not giving up a 1st or 2nd for a 33 year old QB. Maybe someone else will.
well the projected cost is a 2nd rounder

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So we are still seriously considering sacrificing ANOTHER draft pick on the alter of the 2012 mistake... because its some how more acceptable than admitting 2012 and the resulting indecision were a mistake??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess alex smith at 1/2 price (17 mil ) is better then KC at full price regardless of what it does to the draft or future ones

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose Kirk, that's who I want. I'd give them a 2nd in 19. Anything this year, I'm gonna look at other options.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we need a stud. That's why I want Watkins. I'l admit Watkins is significantly riskier but he has wayyy more upside. Landry is a solid but unspectacular 8 yards a catch guy. There's really nothing special about him. He plays hard he's tough and he's a good football player. But he isn't special. Watkins may never return to where he was his second season but he has been a dominant player in the nfl (albeit only briefly) and offers the potential to be a legit #1.

I am not lobbying for Landry with is sexual abuse issues. Watkins upside at this point is 39 catches in 16 games. That's like saying how much upside doe Dox have. He has one year in the league, not four.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we lose Kirk, that's who I want. I'd give them a 2nd in 19. Anything this year, I'm gonna look at other options.
a 2nd in 19 wont cut it , it will be this years , if you get into next season its the 1st rounder

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still won't be shocked if Alex is released.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not lobbying for Landry with is sexual abuse issues. Watkins upside at this point is 39 catches in 16 games. That's like saying how much upside doe Dox have. He has one year in the league, not four.

Wait I'm confused here lol. How is that his upside? He's played 4 years...

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty, take your anger management pills brother. Just a little discussion.

I am just not sure what you mean sometimes. Often you say guys are not given the proper transition into an NFL QB position but then declare Deshaun Watson the next Warren Moon after 6 or 7 weeks. :D:pound:

Now, now ... I am just being a Richard and stirring the pot. BTW I am still hoping AJ brings his wife to DC if he ends up here. :wank:

No SSRI's necessary, I'm the coolest dude that a person could ever know.

Take what I write at face value. When that's done, most will discover that I'm an exceptional judge of both character and talent with regard to how one or both fits a given situation. It also clears up any questions that anyone might have about my position on new draftees and making an exception for a guy like Watson which was made just after the draft and not 6 or 7 weeks in.

Not to brag, but I'm really, really, good at it!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No SSRI's necessary, I'm the coolest dude that a person could ever know.

Take what I write at face value. When that's done, most will discover that I'm an exceptional judge of both character and talent with regard to how one or both fits a given situation. It also clears up any questions that anyone might have about my position on new draftees and making an exception for a guy like Watson which was made just after the draft and not 6 or 7 weeks in.

Not to brag, but I'm really, really, good at it!

You are cool, I wouldn't like you if I didn't think that. :suds:

I don't know about your post draft comment but specifically remember you making a comment about being the next Warren Moon after he began to start and was having a lot of success. How do I remember? Because I said "dude, he is Warren Moon in less than a season" or something like that. No worries though, too lazy to go find the comment and really I was just busting good naturedly. :suds:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait I'm confused here lol. How is that his upside? He's played 4 years...

You said he had more upside, I agreed ... it equaled 39 catches in 16 games. As I mentioned we already have one of those.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said he had more upside, I agreed ... it equaled 39 catches in 16 games. As I mentioned we already have one of those.

Well yea...But that's not what his upside is...

His upside is a dominant outside WR1. Obviously his downside is worse than Landrys but I'll take that chance. Landry doesn't do anything all that exciting and for the money he'll cost would be a hard pass for me.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His upside is a dominant outside WR1. Obviously his downside is worse than Landrys but I'll take that chance. Landry doesn't do anything all that exciting and for the money he'll cost would be a hard pass for me.
after 4 years i dont think dominant #1 wr is in the cards being an avg #1 wo is more like it

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His upside was 65 an 60 catches his first two years. We have that guy also, his name is Crowder who might be a tad better. The past two years is has regressed so I guess what you are saying is he has potential which he has yet to show. That was where my point about 4 years was a couple of threads ago. Is year 5 his breakout .... year 6? This is the guy you want to gamble on to be your No 1? We already have a No. 2 and 3.

I have heard Santana Moss talk about how it took him til year 2 or 3 to understand how to be a very good NFL receiver. Watkins has passed that point.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are still seriously considering sacrificing ANOTHER draft pick on the alter of the 2012 mistake... because its some how more acceptable than admitting 2012 and the resulting indecision were a mistake??
No, we are talking about a 2nd round pick for a true #1 WR, not the RG3 debacle you constantly obsess with. And no, I wouldn't give up any pick for Watkins as he is no true #1 WR and would be another reach imo. Pass.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we are talking about a 2nd round pick for a true #1 WR, not the RG3 debacle you constantly obsess with. And no, I wouldn't give up any pick for Watkins as he is no true #1 WR and would be another reach imo. Pass.

Accept that Skinsdads posts which I was referring to was talking about the cost of getting Alex Smith being a 2nd round pick.

So yes, that would in fact be throwing yet ANOTHER draft pick at QB because.. well they fucked up in 2012. And some how.... throwing a 2nd rounder to get Smith would be the LEAST insane of the solutions proposed.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His upside was 65 an 60 catches his first two years. We have that guy also, his name is Crowder who might be a tad better. The past two years is has regressed so I guess what you are saying is he has potential which he has yet to show. That was where my point about 4 years was a couple of threads ago. Is year 5 his breakout .... year 6? This is the guy you want to gamble on to be your No 1? We already have a No. 2 and 3.

I have heard Santana Moss talk about how it took him til year 2 or 3 to understand how to be a very good NFL receiver. Watkins has passed that point.

Thats a pretty distorted view of what he accomplished his first 2 years. His rookie year was very good for a rookie WR and his second season was dominant particularly over the second half (something we cant say for Crowder, Doctson, or even somebody like Landry really).

You dont have to like the guy or want him...but he has played at a very high level in the NFL (albeit not consistently). That part isnt really up for debate.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a pretty distorted view of what he accomplished his first 2 years. His rookie year was very good for a rookie WR and his second season was dominant particularly over the second half (something we cant say for Crowder, Doctson, or even somebody like Landry really).

You dont have to like the guy or want him...but he has played at a very high level in the NFL (albeit not consistently). That part isnt really up for debate.

Actually it is up for debate and stats prove you wrong. You just have the Fonz thing going on ... I was wrrrooonnn ....

Again I was not referencing Landry but if you want to; his rookie year he had 84 catches. Since it was 110, 94 and 112. Not even close. Watkins two best seasons were 65, 60 the other two were 28 and 39. However I did say I would not bring him in with the abuse allegations over his head. Not until it is settled anyhow.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it is up for debate and stats prove you wrong. You just have the Fonz thing going on ... I was wrrrooonnn ....

Again I was not referencing Landry but if you want to; his rookie year he had 84 catches. Since it was 110, 94 and 112. Not even close. Watkins two best seasons were 65, 60 the other two were 28 and 39. However I did say I would not bring him in with the abuse allegations over his head. Not until it is settled anyhow.

They definitely don't.

What's with the obsession with catches? That's like rewarding carries.