• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Fantasy Football Dynasty Draft Discussion

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's odd how last year at this time, we were heavily debating every number that came out for that RB group, and whether they ment anything or not. This year? Not so much. Further proof to me that this year's RB class is a one trick pony, with a few dark horses that no one wants to talk about for fear of exposing their dynasty plans

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Draft Scout

probably the best draft site there is has darnold ranked over barkley

Maybe so.

But anybody who takes Darnold over Barkley in a Rookie fantasy draft deserves to finish last every single year. Darnold could easily be a real life bust and there is a good chance he will never be a legit fantasy option even if he proves to be a serviceable NFL QB.

Barkley is about as surefire as they come.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Didn' go to the links yet. But still doesn't answer whether these guys are any better than Njoku.

TE is the second toughest position to learn at the NFL level. Not only do they have to know the route scheme, but they have to understand all the blocking assignments too. Rookie TEs almost never break out. If you aren't willing to give your guy at least 3 years, you shouldn't draft a rookie TE.

Trading Njoku now would be a big mistake unless you get draft compensation at least equal to what you paid last year.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE is the second toughest position to learn at the NFL level. Not only do they have to know the route scheme, but they have to understand all the blocking assignments too. Rookie TEs almost never break out. If you aren't willing to give your guy at least 3 years, you shouldn't draft a rookie TE.

Trading Njoku now would be a big mistake unless you get draft compensation at least equal to what you paid last year.
The 2 to 3 year learning curve is what I keep hearing.
But guys like Olsen and Gronk seemed to have jump right into the position. Maybe Gates too.
And isn't that what we're talking about, the fantasy elite?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But guys like Olsen and Gronk seemed to have jump right into the position. Maybe Gates too.

They didn't though.

Gates had 24 catches for 300 some yards his rookie year. Olsen's best receiving year in terms of yardage was 612 until his breakout in year 6. Even Gronk, who did catch 10 TDs his rookie year only had 524 yards. And Gronk is most definitely the outlier. Very few TEs have rookie years as good as Engram had this past year, and that was mostly because Manning ran out of guys to throw to. Engram struggled with drops and consistency.

TEs almost never produce fantasy relevant numbers as rookies.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In fact, Njoku's numbers were better than both Olsen and Gates rookie numbers.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's odd how last year at this time, we were heavily debating every number that came out for that RB group, and whether they ment anything or not. This year? Not so much. Further proof to me that this year's RB class is a one trick pony, with a few dark horses that no one wants to talk about for fear of exposing their dynasty plans
strongly disagree

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so.

But anybody who takes Darnold over Barkley in a Rookie fantasy draft deserves to finish last every single year. Darnold could easily be a real life bust and there is a good chance he will never be a legit fantasy option even if he proves to be a serviceable NFL QB.

Barkley is about as surefire as they come.
thats not fantasy football, real football

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
strongly disagree
And that's fine..but why isn't there any discussion about it?

Last year there was Fourny, Cook, McAffrey, Kamara, Foreman, and a few others all being debated, what they ran, what it did or didn't mean, their shuttle, their 3 cone, their vert, thier SPARQ scores,..this year...not so much, seems to me if there was a lot of potential there, there'd be significantly more buzz about what they did or didn't do at the combine

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's fine..but why isn't there any discussion about it?

Last year there was Fourny, Cook, McAffrey, Kamara, Foreman, and a few others all being debated, what they ran, what it did or didn't mean, their shuttle, their 3 cone, their vert, thier SPARQ scores,..this year...not so much, seems to me if there was a lot of potential there, there'd be significantly more buzz about what they did or didn't do at the combine
theres very little trading, offers, discussions etc activtity overall is down, really i kinda think it was for all leagues this year..........btw have u seen chubbs sparq?

im fully open for discussion, but seems a few are active right now and have been. Plus alot happens while im at work, and right now im tied up alot during the day

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres very little trading, offers, discussions etc activtity overall is down, really i kinda think it was for all leagues this year..........btw have u seen chubbs sparq?

im fully open for discussion, but seems a few are active right now and have been. Plus alot happens while im at work, and right now im tied up alot during the day
I did..impressive, didn't shock me at all :)

But yea that's kinda the point, previously there was a lot to be excited about, therefore people were more active, there was more interest. Our passion isn't diminished, the subject matter is

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did..impressive, didn't shock me at all :)

But yea that's kinda the point, previously there was a lot to be excited about, therefore people were more active, there was more interest. Our passion isn't diminished, the subject matter is
well during the season, chatter was down IMHO as well.........

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 might be a stretch but def 20

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's a handful..mostly wideouts, where depending in landing situations, I find might be intriguing, but if excited is the word..its tough to see more than 5 for me

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there's a handful..mostly wideouts, where depending in landing situations, I find might be intriguing, but if excited is the word..its tough to see more than 5 for me
man i see alot of rbs

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking RBs better then WRs for this year draft. True there hasn't been the hype as of yet compared to last year, but that doesn't mean there aren't some good ones to be had.