• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Commit List (in OP) and General Recruiting Thread

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJB would be huge, OLB position has immediate openings available, hard to argue he wouldn’t start next year. I’m still hoping that’s where Jurgens ends up

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJB would be huge, OLB position has immediate openings available, hard to argue he wouldn’t start next year. I’m still hoping that’s where Jurgens ends up

I've seen Jurgens play, I just don't see him as an OLB... I could see him adding weight and becoming a dangerous 3-4 DE or a role players as a 4-3 DE in some sets but I just don't think he can cover, he's not fluid enough in the hips. Could be wrong.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen Jurgens play, I just don't see him as an OLB... I could see him adding weight and becoming a dangerous 3-4 DE or a role players as a 4-3 DE in some sets but I just don't think he can cover, he's not fluid enough in the hips. Could be wrong.
I could see Jurgens as a DE as easy, I can see a lot of Vanden Bosch in him as a defender more than a need for TE

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut feeling is you guys will get JJB. I just can't see how Meyer can squeeze him in this class if we are going to hit the HR on both OT Walker and Petit-Friere.. I also think Meyer wants Washington as a CB and getting him up to CBUS for a visit. JJB has a longer relationship with Frost than he has with anyone else. Frost recruited himover a year ago at UCF from my understanding. Congrats guys, Frost looks like he is making his mark in the B1G.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Habbukak Baldonado

Rome, Italy

6' 5"

National Football Sacks Stat Leaders - MaxPreps

Third in the country in sacks, but only played 7 games.

Habakkuk Baldonado - Class of 2018 - Nebraska football recruits

He had 30.5 sacks in his one season at Clearwater. That got the attention of Pittsburgh, Illinois, Cincinnati and others, including Central Florida’s former staff. Which is now the staff at Nebraska. Which offered Baldonado on Jan. 16.

He’s scheduled to take an official visit to Michigan State the weekend of Jan. 19 and Nebraska Feb. 2.

He had a great visit at Michigan State. Going to Oregon, and Nebraska gets the last OV on February 2.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Habbukak Baldonado

Rome, Italy

6' 5"

National Football Sacks Stat Leaders - MaxPreps

Third in the country in sacks, but only played 7 games.

Habakkuk Baldonado - Class of 2018 - Nebraska football recruits

He had 30.5 sacks in his one season at Clearwater. That got the attention of Pittsburgh, Illinois, Cincinnati and others, including Central Florida’s former staff. Which is now the staff at Nebraska. Which offered Baldonado on Jan. 16.

He’s scheduled to take an official visit to Michigan State the weekend of Jan. 19 and Nebraska Feb. 2.

He had a great visit at Michigan State. Going to Oregon, and Nebraska gets the last OV on February 2.

I think he is down our list a little bit. I also have seen numbers are against pretty low level competition so are inflated.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My gut feeling is you guys will get JJB. I just can't see how Meyer can squeeze him in this class if we are going to hit the HR on both OT Walker and Petit-Friere.. I also think Meyer wants Washington as a CB and getting him up to CBUS for a visit. JJB has a longer relationship with Frost than he has with anyone else. Frost recruited himover a year ago at UCF from my understanding. Congrats guys, Frost looks like he is making his mark in the B1G.

Thanks for dropping by... I would agree with you for the most part. The Washington recruitment is interesting because OSU says they want him at CB, everyone else wants him as a RB/utility player and he apparently had a GREAT visit to ASU this past weekend. He has the best relationship with Nebraska's staff but Ohio State has been his favorite school.... will be interesting to watch develop the rest of the way.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news on JJB. Ellis is an OSU insider and changed CB to Huskers

Andrew Ellis STAFF 27 MINUTES AGO

Changed my JJB crystal ball yesterday. Confirmed today that he won’t be in the Ohio State class.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Multiple people seem to be going that way, really good news. Also Maurice Washington is trending to ASU but I'm not sure I buy into that yet. If he still takes all of his visits I like Nebraska's chances.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Va Tech has re-entered the picture a bit for him as well (not sure they were ever all that out of it) but Nebraska is in the lead from what i've heard.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been doing some checking around concerning numbers and... interestingly enough the technical maximum we can take right now is 22... crazy right? Seems like we're going to take more, which makes me think attrition has already happened... I think there are about 2 spots open right now that we otherwise don't know about, which would make the number 5 that we can sign out of this list:

1. Cam'ron Jones
2. Javontae Jean-Baptiste/Caleb Tannor/Habakkuk Albanado
3. Maurice Washington/Ta'Zhawn Henry
4. Jarrett Bell/Hamilton Hall/Blake McDonald
5. Matthew Tago/Cam Taylor/A WR to be named later

That's how I see it shaking out

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been doing some checking around concerning numbers and... interestingly enough the technical maximum we can take right now is 22... crazy right? Seems like we're going to take more, which makes me think attrition has already happened... I think there are about 2 spots open right now that we otherwise don't know about, which would make the number 5 that we can sign out of this list:

1. Cam'ron Jones
2. Javontae Jean-Baptiste/Caleb Tannor/Habakkuk Albanado
3. Maurice Washington/Ta'Zhawn Henry
4. Jarrett Bell/Hamilton Hall/Blake McDonald
5. Matthew Tago/Cam Taylor/A WR to be named later

That's how I see it shaking out
That is a pretty solid class folks. Frost already making his presence felt in the B1G.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few updates for Thursday morning...

Bunch of Crystal Balls flying in for Javontae Jean-Baptiste to go to Nebraska, Scott Frost has an in home tonight to try to seal the deal.

Also, Maurice Washington might be in town this weekend, still working to confirm.

Jarrett Bell is still radio silent, he was a Nebraska lean then took an ASU visit and things seem to have stalled. Talked about taking a visit this weekend but there has been no movement on that front

Scott Frost and about 6 other coaches went in home with Taiyon Palmer to try to get him to leave the south. He's likely a Clemson lean right now with NC State and Nebraska lagging behind. Also has a Bama offer but that's probably contingent on others not going their way.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few more updates... as they come rolling in this morning

- Apparently Taiyon Palmer is not longer visiting Clemson as they are trying to get Mario Goodrich (familiar name) to commit this weekend.

- Also, received word that it is increasingly unlikely that Masry Mapieu is going to be a part of this class. He is not going to qualify, so that opens up another spot.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we cut bait with Mapieu. Man that makes me mad the KID was one of the first to sign with this class and had a long time to get his poop in a group and didn't. That is enough for me to say that it probably wont work out with the demands that Frost will expect from him.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched his highlights I mean he looks the part when he is on the sidelines. But when he is on the field he is soft. at 270 and in York he should be man handling players from Lexington. I think he is a waste of space and needs to remove himself from the team and program.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a betting man I would guess that Mapieu "signs" with us but we enroll him at Iowa Western... he could use some JUCO seasoning

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things really heating up late in the week... Jarrett Bell continues to be a bit of an enigma, wouldn't rule out a decision being made this week but wouldn't guarantee it either. Javontae Jean-Baptiste goes in home with Frost and Co tonight. Nebraska will look to hammer down a commitment (could happen, he could also wait until signing day) and Cam'ron Jones announces his commitment on Saturday *which most think will be Nebraska.