• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Commit List (in OP) and General Recruiting Thread

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Miles Jones decommitted from Vandy tonight, likely commits to Nebraska tomorrow or Thursday when Frost does his in-home.

Also, Maurice Washington's academic situation should be sorted out this week... Nebraska really wants him if he can qualify but there are legit questions about whether or not he can qualify.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casey Rogers is an athlete that is for sure. From what film I watched not sure if his competition was very good.

That picture of Miles Jones next to Head Coach Scott Frost says quite a bit to me. Maybe good things come in small packages. Jones is fast.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope he doesn't overload this class with diamonds in the rough like Bo did his first year. This class has an eerily similar vibe to Bo's first class so far. The film is impressive on a lot of these guys (just like the '08 kids), but take off your rose colored glasses before you get too excited.

By all accounts, this is a pretty sub par class even by Nebraska's standards year in and year out.

So far anyway.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope he doesn't overload this class with diamonds in the rough like Bo did his first year. This class has an eerily similar vibe to Bo's first class so far. The film is impressive on a lot of these guys (just like the '08 kids), but take off your rose colored glasses before you get too excited.

By all accounts, this is a pretty sub par class even by Nebraska's standards year in and year out.

So far anyway.

In his defense, he just took over the recruiting process a month ago and he has a ridiculously small window to do work in. Not to mention, he was working another job at the same time.

With all of this said, at UCF he had less than diamond in the rough talent to work with at the majority of positions and they still managed to make Auburn and the SEC look stupid.

Give him a year to get planted in Lincoln and we’ll see improvements in recruiting.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what is the deal with Jaron Woodyard's status? I'm out of the loop on the minutia of this year's crootin. Last I heard, he hasn't shown up to enroll.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his defense, he just took over the recruiting process a month ago and he has a ridiculously small window to do work in. Not to mention, he was working another job at the same time.

With all of this said, at UCF he had less than diamond in the rough talent to work with at the majority of positions and they still managed to make Auburn and the SEC look stupid.

Give him a year to get planted in Lincoln and we’ll see improvements in recruiting.

Oh, I have little doubt about that. And unlike some people who are uneasy about the tough schedule (on paper) this year, I like the idea of having multiple chances at a signature win or two under his belt. Even if he goes 6-6, if he can make a statement win or two, that's bigger than a 7 or 8 win season with a lame schedule.

All in the context of recruiting and relevancy of course... Which go hand in hand.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So far anyway.

Bo and his staff never developed any of those diamonds in the rough. They remained in the rough. Hopefully this staff had that part of the process figured out

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo and his staff never developed any of those diamonds in the rough. They remained in the rough. Hopefully this staff had that part of the process figured out

Yea I feel like Frost is going to be a lot better at developing that talent unlike Bo

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And hopefully that word has better connotation going forward. I wanted to throw a lamp every time I heard the word "process" from a player or coach.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Miles Jones decommitted from Vandy tonight, likely commits to Nebraska tomorrow or Thursday when Frost does his in-home.

Also, Maurice Washington's academic situation should be sorted out this week... Nebraska really wants him if he can qualify but there are legit questions about whether or not he can qualify.

38 inch vert at 5'8"?

Sure, why not.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And hopefully that word has better connotation going forward. I wanted to throw a lamp every time I heard the word "process" from a player or coach.
Lol, I had forgotten all about that shit. "It's all a part of the process."

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the many memories that I have of Barron Miles the one that always sticks out immediately is when he blocked a punt in the endzone and actually held onto the ball for the TD.

The ball didn’t even get into the air, he just caught it off the Okie Lite punter’s foot.

From that moment on I was obsessed with the idea of blocking punts. Me and the neighbor kids were outside the very next day trying to block each other’s punts.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is with the next commit, that will put the class into the top 25. If you buy into that sort of thing.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodyard will be here in June... Also, Jones is the definition of an athlete. Would be a good get. Really fast kid. I disagree with the idea that this class is like the 08 class, the 08 class was too big and had too many subpar players and was a big class. Bo brought in 28 players in that class and it was still ranked 30th... if Frost brings in 23 in this class (which looks like he might now) we will likely be inside the top 30, depending on who those commits are, we could even be in the Top 25.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... really good pick up IMO, don't be fooled by his 40 time on the ESPN site, that was two years ago