• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Commit List (in OP) and General Recruiting Thread

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martinez will be fine, remember that was his first "game" action since his junior year. If he looked like that with the rust he obviously is working through his sky is the limit.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just posted a few Big Board updates... lots to sift through and don't be surprised to see names change over the next week or so. OV season in January is going to be fun to watch.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody watch that high school all American game last night? I recorded it because I cannot stand a bunch of 18 year old kids pulling a hat out of a bag announcing their commitment or acting like they’re shit don’t stink when they haven’t even stepped foot on campus yet.

I did however fast forward to when Martinez was in. Obviously he’s far from a finished product and hasn’t even really played in a year. I like his speed and mobility but I have seen some things in his passing game and his mechanics that I hope Frost and company fine tune. A few of his throws even reminded me of another Martinez.

If you compare Adrian’s footwork to Taylor’s you’ll immediately notice that one of these quarterbacks is not like the other.

And in fact, Adrian has been training to play QB since he was 6 years old, which is why he has great footwork.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you compare Adrian’s footwork to Taylor’s you’ll immediately notice that one of these quarterbacks is not like the other.

And in fact, Adrian has been training to play QB since he was 6 years old, which is why he has great footwork.
Tito made some trick ass taco’s tho amirite!

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in Tito’s final season we went to one of those first couple games of the season, I think it was Southern Miss or something like that.

Anyways we were hanging out at the Embassy Suites and that place is always packed but we saw one table had 2 dudes sitting at it and there were 2 other seats open. They appeared to be California-ish dudes and they told us we could have those seats.

So we sit down with them and I notice they both have Tito jerseys on so I ask them just randomly and jokingly “you guys family of Taylor Martinez or something?” They looked at each other and the one goes “yes actually, I’m his uncle and we are very very close.”

Then he took out his phone and started showing me his string of text messages that him and Tito were sending back and forth to each other before the game. I was like “oh shit! That’s crazy!”

So after hanging out for well beyond an hour and me telling him many a times how I really admire Tito and the effort he puts in on the field, he goes “come around to this side of the table and let’s take a pic together and I’ll send it to Taylor.”

He snapped the pic and texted it to him right there and wrote “coolest Husker fan I’ve met yet, huge fan of yours!”

So that’s how Tito and I are basically really good friends.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have told him to tell tito 'never to roll left and throw again'.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in Tito’s final season we went to one of those first couple games of the season, I think it was Southern Miss or something like that.

Anyways we were hanging out at the Embassy Suites and that place is always packed but we saw one table had 2 dudes sitting at it and there were 2 other seats open. They appeared to be California-ish dudes and they told us we could have those seats.

So we sit down with them and I notice they both have Tito jerseys on so I ask them just randomly and jokingly “you guys family of Taylor Martinez or something?” They looked at each other and the one goes “yes actually, I’m his uncle and we are very very close.”

Then he took out his phone and started showing me his string of text messages that him and Tito were sending back and forth to each other before the game. I was like “oh shit! That’s crazy!”

So after hanging out for well beyond an hour and me telling him many a times how I really admire Tito and the effort he puts in on the field, he goes “come around to this side of the table and let’s take a pic together and I’ll send it to Taylor.”

He snapped the pic and texted it to him right there and wrote “coolest Husker fan I’ve met yet, huge fan of yours!”

So that’s how Tito and I are basically really good friends.
That’s been awhile back, Tito’s uncle Chavez told me a similar story but with a slightly different interpretation

DD276325-0C93-41A7-B914-62F16F5E16EC.jpeg

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Newell is transferring, graduate to Kansas Street. Opens up another ship

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Newell is transferring, graduate to Kansas Street. Opens up another ship

Maybe, I wouldn't be surprised if he gave the spring a shot and transferred in the summer if it was obvious his spot wasn't going to get better with the new staff. We'll see.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big visit weekend coming up, some big unofficials for the class as well as officials... Cam Jones is going to be visiting again per twitter, with two teammates.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUCO WR... Mike Williams just committed per twitter

that was quick

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams will be in classes next week, he doesn't have to sign an LOI so I've put him in bold as he is enrolled.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news, we need bodies bad at wr, even better these bodies can play a bit right away

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JUCO WR... Mike Williams just committed per twitter

that was quick

Small. Looks quick. Good hands. Will go over the middle.

Looks like the receiver corps will be a bunch of quick smurfs with Spielman, Lindsey, Woodyard, and Williams.

Not sure of the supposed 4.4 speed. But fast enough.

Speaking of Lindsey, I hope this coaching staff can really utilize this guy's talents. Previous OC DL, never really gave him a good play. Or maybe, that play always worked great against the DC BD defense, you know THAT defense.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we could have kept Keith Williams. But I am fully confident in Frost evaluation. I think Lindsey in this offense is going to be really fun to watch. I expect him to get the ball a ton.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam'ron Jones announced a to give in it, (it's really a top two) and plans to visit Ole Miss this weekend and announce on a local news station at 6:30pm next Friday.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another big visit weekend coming up... working on putting a list together. Would expect 5-8 kids on campus, there are two big targets that i'm not sure are going to make it but could be on the list either this week or next week.

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casey Rogers pulled the trigger for Nebraska tonight, decent DE in a 3-4, not as physically gifted as Tate Wildeman but has potential. Nebraska looking to pull one more DL, hoping that's Daniel Carson but it sounds like the visit might not have gone as great as previously thought. I've been told Nebraska would take both Rogers and Carson if Carson wanted N so this isn't a reflection of Carson's interest.