• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB.TV is not available right now
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Every time I try to watch a game on Amazon FirestickFirestick, but it works fine on a computer or my phone.

I'm watching on my phone right now.

It's also supposed to be streaming on twitter, but I'll be damned if I can find it.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How sweep it is.....Might be the best slider he's ever thrown....Crazy movement.....

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Dirt said we're a terrible team
Dirt's a bandwagon fan....the family built a bar across from YS years ago.....He always wears a Met hat when he works there....

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, as good as this team is, there's real room for improvement. Should terrify the rest of the league.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, as good as this team is, there's real room for improvement. Should terrify the rest of the league.
Yup, winning tons of games with few contributing at times.....When they all get hot, or at least 2/3 of the lineup at the same time, it will be unreal.....

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, winning tons of games with few contributing at times.....When they all get hot, or at least 2/3 of the lineup at the same time, it will be unreal.....

Not to mention their second half opponent winning percentage is somewhere in the .440 range. (that's a guess-timate, it might be worse than that)

They still have another west coast trip to deal with, but outside of that, there's a whole lot of bad teams on the sked in August and September.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB.TV is not available right now
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Every time I try to watch a game on Amazon FirestickFirestick, but it works fine on a computer or my phone.
just download silk browser on fire tv and then search mlbstream.tv :suds:

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention their second half opponent winning percentage is somewhere in the .440 range. (that's a guess-timate, it might be worse than that)

They still have another west coast trip to deal with, but outside of that, there's a whole lot of bad teams on the sked in August and September.
Yup, have a Patriot-like schedule in the second half.....

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but they'll actually have to play some road games once in a while.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But there isn't any room for regression? Severino's an elite pitcher, but do you really expect him to sustain a 202 ERA+? Sabathia's pitched nicely, but his ERA is almost a full run below his FIP/xFIP. I think Torres is going to have a great career, but you can't expect a 21-year-old rookie to finish with a 140 OPS+.

That's not to say that there isn't room for improvement. I doubt Stanton finishes with a 123 OPS+ or that Tanaka finishes with a 92 ERA+. Gray's had a disappointing start to the season, but he's looked much better of late and I'd expect him to finish with a season in line with 2017.

I just think it goes both ways and it more or less evens out. Red Sox too. I don't expect Betts to slug .688 or finish with a 193 OPS+. I don't expect Moreland to finish with a 134 OPS+. Benintendi will also probably see some regression. But I also think there's players that can improve, such as Eduardo Nunez and Jackie Bradley.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there isn't any room for regression? Severino's an elite pitcher, but do you really expect him to sustain a 202 ERA+? Sabathia's pitched nicely, but his ERA is almost a full run below his FIP/xFIP. I think Torres is going to have a great career, but you can't expect a 21-year-old rookie to finish with a 140 OPS+.

That's not to say that there isn't room for improvement. I doubt Stanton finishes with a 123 OPS+ or that Tanaka finishes with a 92 ERA+. Gray's had a disappointing start to the season, but he's looked much better of late and I'd expect him to finish with a season in line with 2017.

I just think it goes both ways and it more or less evens out. Red Sox too. I don't expect Betts to slug .688 or finish with a 193 OPS+. I don't expect Moreland to finish with a 134 OPS+. Benintendi will also probably see some regression. But I also think there's players that can improve, such as Eduardo Nunez and Jackie Bradley.

Sabathia's numbers are pretty much on line with what he did last year over 27 starts. The bullpen has been about what was expected, the rotation has been up and down-still a little thin for my tastes, but I expect reinforcements to arrive shortly.

My comment was more directed towards the offense-Sanchez/Stanton/Bird are all under-performing based on their careers. With a correction towards their career norms, it's not hard to see this offense hitting another gear.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've also been pretty horrible defensively. Shoring that part of their game up will only help as well.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, get some air!