• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dudes a good stretch big man.....hed be just what the doctor ordered for at least 3-4 contenders.
I wonder if LA would like to have Randle to deal NO. Something tells me NO might like to have him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selling price of a pick doesn't count against the cap however. Cavs are currently in the luxury tax again with the salaries they took on. Dumping JR will get them under, but that means they're pretty much done wheeling and dealing for now.
thats true.

imagine what you could get putting Clarkson and Henson together and trading them to a contender for a bad contract--- thats when you can really get a nice asset you would hope.

we shall see.

You are def right though- without much breathing room against the tax its unlikely JR is moved for assets at this point.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if LA would like to have Randle to deal NO. Something tells me NO might like to have him.
Are you aware that they were trying to trade Randle and Mirotic?

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he signed a longet deal with Golden State last summer then he wouldn't have to worry about this.

He is a top player who will be a free agent this summer. Media and fans are going to talk about possible destinations for someone who will be a FA in less than 5 months.

Should have found a different profession if the media bothers him so much. Thing that annoys me with KD is this isn't the first time he is bitching to the media about something.

Sorry KD but as a top player, the media are going to talk about you a lot.

Yeah, I agree with @tlance that KD is right in what he said, but he just can't say it because, as you point out, he looks like a bitch doing so.

If you're a top player and you you are going to be a free agent, people are going to speculate about what you're going to do.

He chose to do the Lebron "power play" of signing 1 year deals and is enjoying the power it gives him. So he needs to accept the downside of constant speculation.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well looking back at salaries for the Knicks it actually is possible. You sign KD and Kyrie, lets say that is $70M combined.

Then you trade Knox, Ntlikina and the #1 pick to N.O. for AD. He is only making $27M a year.

So that is around $97M for those 3 guys.

After the trade the only contracts you have on the books are:
Dennis Smith $4.46
Mitchell robinson $1.55
Dead money - Noah $6.43

Cap $109M
Their cap would be right around that number give or take but you only have 5 active guys on the roster and you haven't signed draft picks. Like I said not very realistic. Drafting Zion and get Kyrie+KD is A LOT more realistic and you could have pieces around those guys imo.

There are cap holds for empty roster spots (need at least 12), so that complicates things. I would assume DSJ would be in the AD trade, not Ntilikina (but that's only a few 100K difference). They also would likely want to keep Dotson and Trier, but not enough to prevent the big 3 if they were chasing that.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree with @tlance that KD is right in what he said, but he just can't say it because, as you point out, he looks like a bitch doing so.

If you're a top player and you you are going to be a free agent, people are going to speculate about what you're going to do.

He chose to do the Lebron "power play" of signing 1 year deals and is enjoying the power it gives him. So he needs to accept the downside of constant speculation.
^ Yep.

Kyrie gotta learn this lesson, too.

You want to call yourself a marquee player in the NBA?... you want to be a leader and the "man" on your team?

Then you gotta learn to handle the media better. Period.

Can't go running off at the mouth every time you're frustrated... that ain't leadership.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you aware that they were trying to trade Randle and Mirotic?

I think they have backed off trading Randle of late. That said, Randle/Rondo is a bit of a wash; Pels really liked having Rondo and they make the same salary this season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Celtics could either be set up for a dynasty this summer- or squander a ton of their long planned good will and assets.

Its going to be interesting.

If Kyrie leaves- they would have Hayward and his contract which is looking pretty rough- and still have Tatum/Brown/Rozier etc. but thats hardly what they were expecting at one point.

If they can get Davis and get Kyrie to resign- its championship contender for the next 5 years.

Should be very interesting. Its all on the line.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only situation I really see working for the Pels as far as getting a potential generational talent for AD is the Knicks. If they get and offer that #1 pick and Zion works out, then they can save face. Otherwise, the players and picks from the Lakers and Celtics are any where from very good to excellent, but I don't see even Tatum being at that generational talent level. When you realize this franchise couldn't win WITH AD, it doesn't bode well for their future with whatever they net in this trade now or this summer.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only situation I really see working for the Pels as far as getting a potential generational talent for AD is the Knicks. If they get and offer that #1 pick and Zion works out, then they can save face. Otherwise, the players and picks from the Lakers and Celtics are any where from very good to excellent, but I don't see even Tatum being at that generational talent level. When you realize this franchise couldn't win WITH AD, it doesn't bode well for their future with whatever they net in this trade now or this summer.
Meh. Even if Tatum doesn't have the top ceiling potential of Zion, he's still a clear step above anything in the Lakers package.

Therefore, it more than "saves face" for New Orleans to have waited and end up with Tatum... if that's what goes down.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have backed off trading Randle of late. That said, Randle/Rondo is a bit of a wash; Pels really liked having Rondo and they make the same salary this season.
Yep.

They backed off.

Probably because they don't anticipate dealing Davis until the Summer.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Tatum is a clear step above anyone the Lakers are offering. He has the chance to be a franchise player. I dont see anyone the Lakers are offering likely becoming a franchise player.

The Celtics can offer a lot more draft capital as well- and the picks would likely be a lot better and transfer a lot earlier than if the Lakers offered only their own picks- which is all they have.

The Pelicans made a lot of bad moves- the Asik contract, the Hill contract, the Cousins trade etc. If they get Tatum and he becomes a great player they just need to do a lot better this time around. It is what it is.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weak-minded. He would never make it, especially with a guy like Kyrie alongside LOL. He should just stay in GS and win, he will never be better than Lebron bc he is on a stacked team but at least he will have a ton of rings. It's crazy how much he has changed from OKC to now...such a little bitch.
Only way to shake this label is to leave and create a winner away from GS. And to do so without LeBron. And NYC is a bad idea. So what's left, just the Clippers or a surprise team that he joins with another stud like Chicago or some team we don't expect that finds a way to create cap room

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i actually liked Marquese Chriss in the draft- he has sucked- but is still super young.

he will prob get playing time with TT and Love being hurt (but both are due back soon).

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Even if Tatum doesn't have the top ceiling potential of Zion, he's still a clear step above anything in the Lakers package.

Therefore, it more than "saves face" for New Orleans to have waited and end up with Tatum... if that's what goes down.
Quality vs Quantity.

It's really not that complicated.

The Pels can't get equal value.

But, I'd rather have a guy with possible Franchise player potential over 3 guys with possible, occasional, borderline All Star game participant potential.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand being irritated by the same monotonous hyperbole.

But, this Dude is ridiculously petulant.
He's gotta realize this is part of the job
If he wants to be considered equal to or better than LeBron this is part of it

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Yep.

Kyrie gotta learn this lesson, too.

You want to call yourself a marquee player in the NBA?... you want to be a leader and the "man" on your team?

Then you gotta learn to handle the media better. Period.

Can't go running off at the mouth every time you're frustrated... that ain't leadership.
well Kyrie did learn from LeBron so maybe he does think thats leadership. lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way to shake this label is to leave and create a winner away from GS. And to do so without LeBron. And NYC is a bad idea. So what's left, just the Clippers or a surprise team that he joins with another stud like Chicago or some team we don't expect that finds a way to create cap room
Not the Clippers.

He can't evade Lebron's shadow if he purposefully places himself directly behind it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the Clippers.

He can't evade Lebron's shadow if he purposefully places himself directly behind it.
shit the way things are going LeBron would likely be in his shadow.

the Lakers gotta do something today don't they?

are the Lakers gonna let the deadline pass without making any move besides Bullock?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gotta realize this is part of the job
If he wants to be considered equal to or better than LeBron this is part of it
Agree.

Which is why he won't risk going to the Clippers.

Clippers could win 2 Chips in a row and it would still be all about the Lakers.

Sure, taking a Historical Dumpster fire of a Organization someplace they've never been on Lebron's watch would be a feather in his cap.

But, the Clippers would still be a amusing novelty.

If he comes to the Clippers and they don't win, he will have to hear LeBron > 2 Durant's for the rest of his life.

No win situation.